Vortech V3Si kit noob questions

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
I have been in contact with Beefcake about a centri supercharger. i'm slowly but surely getting more knowledge on the subject. Any thoughts/opinions are appreciated.
I've wanted a vortech supercharger since about 2009. The ESS ones look nice too, but my gut says i'll be most satisfied with the vortech as it's sentimental to me and i'll be most proud of it. also like the mounting location better and style under hood.

That being said, there's about a million kits out there, likely will only buy from Beefcake as there's tons of options while ordering but i know what none of them are or mean lol

lets start with two basic questions
1. does the V3 complete kit come with an intercooler? does the tuner kit come with an intercooler? (comparing to the options for ESS, there's different size intercoolers to choose from, dont see that with vortech)
2. if i just go with Boost A Pump from vortech, can i upgrade later if i desire more power/boost? will i need more fuel with the BAP mod later down the line?

i track a few times a year (road course) and have a 2022 silverado for a daily. i'm not broke but i'm not rich either lol TYIA
Sponsored

cbrtrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Yes all the kits comes with an intercooler for these cars.

The bap works well on 93 octane, if you go to e85 later on you'll most likely upgrade your entire fuel system.

Nawsad123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bonez
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I would look into a bigger vortech head unit or the ess. The v3si tops out at about 720ish rwhp after e85. Beyond that you will just overspin the blower. If you want more power later on, would suggest the ess g4. Much bigger unit n you can start off around 8-10 psi n just add more boost later with room to do so

OP
OP
jmagnus87

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
I would look into a bigger vortech head unit or the ess. The v3si tops out at about 720ish rwhp after e85. Beyond that you will just overspin the blower. If you want more power later on, would suggest the ess g4. Much bigger unit n you can start off around 8-10 psi n just add more boost later with room to do so
What do you mean over spin the blower? Are you saying they can't handle the smaller diameter pulleys?
when it comes to say a g4 vs a g2, you can "slow" down a g4 enough to give me time to build it up slowly and not be capped by the supercharger itself?
i thought a g2 with say a g4 intercooler would be best to grow into?
not trying to get to 1000hp and blow an engine then build a full block or buy a crate engine rated for 1500hp. I don't drag race so next to none of that power will be useful to me.

Racinjason65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1M-82
What do you mean over spin the blower? Are you saying they can't handle the smaller diameter pulleys?
when it comes to say a g4 vs a g2, you can "slow" down a g4 enough to give me time to build it up slowly and not be capped by the supercharger itself?
i thought a g2 with say a g4 intercooler would be best to grow into?
not trying to get to 1000hp and blow an engine then build a full block or buy a crate engine rated for 1500hp. I don't drag race so next to none of that power will be useful to me.
The supercharger that comes in the Vortech kit is hood for a little over 700 hp. If you want more than that, Vortech can upgrade the internals for about $800 extra and that will allow that supercharger to make a little more power. The next step is the JT trim, which requires a different bracket that lowers the supercharge, so it can still fit under the hood. At that point, you should also upgrade to their bigger intercooler as well. At that point, the Kit is basically the same price as a Whipple that makes a lot more low end and mid range power and can make anywhere from 600-1200 hp at the wheels without having to do any major upgrades to the kit as or comes.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jmagnus87

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
The supercharger that comes in the Vortech kit is hood for a little over 700 hp. If you want more than that, Vortech can upgrade the internals for about $800 extra and that will allow that supercharger to make a little more power. The next step is the JT trim, which requires a different bracket that lowers the supercharge, so it can still fit under the hood. At that point, you should also upgrade to their bigger intercooler as well. At that point, the Kit is basically the same price as a Whipple that makes a lot more low end and mid range power and can make anywhere from 600-1200 hp at the wheels without having to do any major upgrades to the kit as or comes.
700 wheel hp I'm assuming? And $800 ain't much to get more out of your V3... but if I'm at 700 wheel, i think I'm above my tolerance for more power at that point. At a certain point it gets too hard to control in the slower corners around a tight track. I want to be able to maintenance throttle through the softer corners and apex hard out of the sharper corners.

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Do you drive in the cold weather at all? I thought Vortechs shouldn't be ran in cold temperatures.. just something to think about.. Either way, looks like the smallest blower for either company would be sufficient for you. Doesn't sound like you would plan to turn it up in the future.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Do you drive in the cold weather at all? I thought Vortechs shouldn't be ran in cold temperatures.. just something to think about.. Either way, looks like the smallest blower for either company would be sufficient for you. Doesn't sound like you would plan to turn it up in the future.
Correct. The Vortech / Paxton don’t tolerate freezing weather and they provide a warning saying not to start the car below a certain temperature due to possible interference between impeller and volute due to the tight clearances.

ESS and Procharger do not have this issue.

OP
OP
jmagnus87

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
Good to know, here in New England you have cold weather 10 months a year and two months of what some would call spring lol
Was talking to brevin in PM and some of the ESS kits are half the price and would likely do what i need it to do.
I just don't want to paint myself into a corner and not be able to move if i find that i need more for whatever outrageous reason.

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm putting in my ESS G3 kit now.

I'm using a DW400 fuel pump (easy swap) and 2020+ GT500 Fuel Injectors, I plan to stay under 700 whp though. If you might want more than that in the future, just get a fuel system and bigger injectors now, instead of paying for them twice (going cheap now and having to buy bigger/better stuff in the future). G3 is good for i think up to 950HP.. get a fuel system and injectors and run e85 if you MIGHT want big power... I just don't want to blow my shit up, lol.

Sponsored

Brevin@ESS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT
Good to know, here in New England you have cold weather 10 months a year and two months of what some would call spring lol
Was talking to brevin in PM and some of the ESS kits are half the price and would likely do what i need it to do.
I just don't want to paint myself into a corner and not be able to move if i find that i need more for whatever outrageous reason.
We offer a trade in program where you can upgrade your head unit from the G2 all the way up to the G4. No bracket changes or anything necessary. For example the G2 to G3 conversion is $1195. Just gives customers peace of mind that if you do outgrow your G2 it’s an easy and cheap solution to upgrade in the future.

OP
OP
jmagnus87

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
I'm putting in my ESS G3 kit now.

I'm using a DW400 fuel pump (easy swap) and 2020+ GT500 Fuel Injectors, I plan to stay under 700 whp though. If you might want more than that in the future, just get a fuel system and bigger injectors now, instead of paying for them twice (going cheap now and having to buy bigger/better stuff in the future). G3 is good for i think up to 950HP.. get a fuel system and injectors and run e85 if you MIGHT want big power... I just don't want to blow my shit up, lol.
Yeah man i think I'm going to opt for the ID1050X injectors and the G3 but the G2 is a good chunk of money less. Multiple times I've been recommended now to get the G2 with G3 intercooler. Not sure i want to do the fuel pump. How bad was it to drop the tank?

OP
OP
jmagnus87

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
We offer a trade in program where you can upgrade your head unit from the G2 all the way up to the G4. No bracket changes or anything necessary. For example the G2 to G3 conversion is $1195. Just gives customers peace of mind that if you do outgrow your G2 it’s an easy and cheap solution to upgrade in the future.
Umm how is this possible?? Pinch me i must be dreaming. This can't be real, right?? lol that's fantastic!!!
nevermind my last post, I'll just grab the G2 with G3 intercooler and trade up later if i need to. Incredible service! Thanks again man this is unreal.

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yeah man i think I'm going to opt for the ID1050X injectors and the G3 but the G2 is a good chunk of money less. Multiple times I've been recommended now to get the G2 with G3 intercooler. Not sure i want to do the fuel pump. How bad was it to drop the tank?
You don't drop the tank. You remove the back seats and there is access there through a fuel pump ring. There is a cheap removal tool that makes it much easier and I would definitely NOT re-use the gasket/o-ring.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G8YJXG...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
It was pretty easy, take out the back seat and the pump is right there.. I would say if you can watch a video, you can do it.. Or just pickup a boost a pump.. either way, if you want to turn it up later, you will need a fuel system and such. Goodluck!
Sponsored