Sponsored

Vorshlag vs Steeda camber plates

drummerboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
I'm maxed at -2.4 with the factory plates.

I received confirmation from Vorshlag that their plates would get me at least -3.5, and it seems the Steeda plates may also get there. Any of you guys have any confirmation on how far the Steeda plates will go, as well as any other considerations to make when choosing between these two?

I will be cutting the strut tower opening for more range/easier access.
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
On a GT I am -3.3 with Steeda plates with room to spare and without cutting towers. -3.5 should be (eyeballing) easily achievable.

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
I have steeda and got to -3.1 without cutting but touching the tower edge.

unless you are trailering your car to events and not doing road miles, I can’t imagine needing more than -3.1 with R cup 2 tires. That said, with 102y cup 2 I was still able to kill the outside first with -3.1, but that was after 8 track days and they were heat cycled out anyway.

OP
OP
drummerboy

drummerboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
On a GT I am -3.3 with Steeda plates with room to spare and without cutting towers. -3.5 should be (eyeballing) easily achievable.
Perfect, thanks.

OP
OP
drummerboy

drummerboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
I have steeda and got to -3.1 without cutting but touching the tower edge.

unless you are trailering your car to events and not doing road miles, I can’t imagine needing more than -3.1 with R cup 2 tires. That said, with 102y cup 2 I was still able to kill the outside first with -3.1, but that was after 8 track days and they were heat cycled out anyway.
Thanks, Mike.

The factory 104y on the front of mine with stock suspension did not have enough camber at -2.4. I have some goodies on the way including the 350R cup 2's and just want to make sure I've got what I need to make any necessary adjustments before my next outing.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I've had both. I prefer vorshlag.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, Mike.

The factory 104y on the front of mine with stock suspension did not have enough camber at -2.4. I have some goodies on the way including the 350R cup 2's and just want to make sure I've got what I need to make any necessary adjustments before my next outing.
When you are ready to order - let me know, we offer great discounts to both forum & first responders/miliary/those fighting COVID-19 on the front lines, etc.

Have a great night!

TJ

Hye Power

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang, 1985 mustang
If you need them quickly goodluck with vorshlag i ordered mine on 12/28 and they still havent even been shipped out yet.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
To be fair, the steeda plates were nice, but i had issue with the hardware. Vorshlag plates are a work of art.

The steedas are less money, so if money's tight, get the steeda plates. The vorshlag plates will probably run you about 5 bills

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
I'm maxed at -2.4 with the factory plates.

I received confirmation from Vorshlag that their plates would get me at least -3.5, and it seems the Steeda plates may also get there. Any of you guys have any confirmation on how far the Steeda plates will go, as well as any other considerations to make when choosing between these two?

I will be cutting the strut tower opening for more range/easier access.
Have you considered adding a camber bolt in conjunction with your stock plates? I added the steeda camber bolt and I can get -3.2 in the fronts where I was maxed out at -2.4 with just the plates. I also want to point out I was able to get -3.2 without cutting into the tower..... I’m assuming I could get a little more if I cut into the tower. If I’m not mistaken, @jmn444 gets ~-3.4 with his stock plates and camber bolt.

I have Vorshlag plates on two of my other cars, and as other have said they’re amazing. However.... the camber bolt might be worth a shot for $30 since you already have camber plates.

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-front-adjustable-camber-bolts-555-4124.html

Sponsored
OP
OP
drummerboy

drummerboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Have you considered adding a camber bolt in conjunction with your stock plates? I added the steeda camber bolt and I can get -3.2 in the fronts where I was maxed out at -2.4 with just the plates. I also want to point out I was able to get -3.2 without cutting into the tower..... I’m assuming I could get a little more if I cut into the tower. If I’m not mistaken, @jmn444 gets ~-3.4 with his stock plates and camber bolt.

I have Vorshlag plates on two of my other cars, and as other have said they’re amazing. However.... the camber bolt might be worth a shot for $30 since you already have camber plates.

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-front-adjustable-camber-bolts-555-4124.html
Thanks, and yes, camber bolts were my first thought, but I don't have the strut clearance necessary.

It would be nice to cut open the tower while I've got everything apart, but I suppose I can put new plates on and give it a shot first.

VoodooIdo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2020 Turbo GT350 and 93 Supercharged Lightning
When you are ready to order - let me know, we offer great discounts to both forum & first responders/miliary/those fighting COVID-19 on the front lines, etc.

Have a great night!

TJ
TJ , I sent you a pm.
Sponsored