Voodoo Swap In My 63.5 Falcon, almost done

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Would you mind sharing photos of your build as well??
Haha I will when I have something! I am starting from scratch and building the body from the ground up. No original car. First though I have a Factory Five Roadster to finish. Once that is finished, the 65 build will commence.

Will be a fastback with a convertible floor (added strength with torque boxes, inner rockers, trans tunnel brace, etc...). It will also get an IRS (not sure which one yet). Engine is being built from the ground up as well. Just ordered the crank (before Ford decides to discontinue it) so I will likely be periodically posting in here asking for suggestions when building the motor to correct anything that might not be the best from Ford.
Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
There was a ton of work on the suspension and chassis. The front is completely custom engineered with nothing off the shelf. we are about 3+" wider track, had to put a full new floor in ( GT350 floor) to fit trans and other, widened rear panel /tubbed, etc.) We retained the stock header & dampeners and now playing with various durometer mounts..there is no room for the OEM gt350 motor mounts. The vibration is not bad, but at this level build.. we might as well go all the way ;)
I was wondering if the frame rails were wide enough for the full 2015 motor mount setup.... Guess that answers my question! The key to that system though would be the OEM engine mount dampeners and not the mount itself.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I see the hoonigan decals. Are you the same shop as Ken Block?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I love it Falcons really have the body for these type of builds.

Always made the best looking gasers.

Great build :champagne:

Look s like an ass kicker !

Sponsored

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I have a 2019 GT350R and inspired this build
It's been a long process but we are getting close to finalizing this build with my 63.5 falcon Voodoo Swap ( along with massive other mods, from cantilever suspension, widening track, widening body panels, metal flares, etc.. ), wheels are temp waiting on Forgelines. We opted to scrap the OEM ECU and are now building the Haltec ECU.. going well at a slow pace. Mike Maire engineered and fabbed all of the suspension and Tom Kirkham /Cubic Performance did the build and metal work as well.. both serious craftsman!
We retained the stock headers, dampeners, etc to eliminate added vibration issues,, we do still have some around 1700-2300rpm .. any tips? we managed to tune a lot out.

p9gHRR+%Rz6KWOr5PXVWAQ_thumb_1153b.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1151b.jpg

zOD7ezSlRC6SsjXsDDVFsg_thumb_1152d.jpg
j2er5mDpTQiJNTMK7jpUyw_thumb_114f0.jpg
My older brother would be appalled. Meanwhile, my high school lab partner would be amused. My brother restores cars like this to factory original and these mods would be out of scope. My lab partner owned one, and we called it the "Falcoon". It dragged his race car trailer to the track on race weekends. Needless to say it was modded a bit. John Hall's Carcraft is where he worked after school, with a factory Trans Am Boss 302 parked in the bay next to his racing Cortina.

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
I would seriously do that swap on a convertible Falcon! Bob McNamara wouldn't recognize his creation! Great Work!

Doug V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I have a 2019 GT350R and inspired this build
It's been a long process but we are getting close to finalizing this build with my 63.5 falcon Voodoo Swap ( along with massive other mods, from cantilever suspension, widening track, widening body panels, metal flares, etc.. ), wheels are temp waiting on Forgelines. We opted to scrap the OEM ECU and are now building the Haltec ECU.. going well at a slow pace. Mike Maire engineered and fabbed all of the suspension and Tom Kirkham /Cubic Performance did the build and metal work as well.. both serious craftsman!
We retained the stock headers, dampeners, etc to eliminate added vibration issues,, we do still have some around 1700-2300rpm .. any tips? we managed to tune a lot out.

p9gHRR+%Rz6KWOr5PXVWAQ_thumb_1153b.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1151b.jpg

zOD7ezSlRC6SsjXsDDVFsg_thumb_1152d.jpg
j2er5mDpTQiJNTMK7jpUyw_thumb_114f0.jpg
Very nice. And tastefully done.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Awesome build!

ShadowMustang161

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Bullitt Mustang
You have no doubt inspired many Dowunder Australian Falcon owners to do something similar with their cars to preserve the Falcon as a Ford icon in this Country.

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
Awesome build!

My FIL had a red one that we used to call Falcon-Eddy. He had it for a couple of years and then, it was stolen right out of his garage. I guess someone liked it more than he did...

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
What sorta exhaust are you running out from the OE headers? Straight pipe? Sounds amazing.
Sponsored