Sponsored

Voodoo engines available through Ford Racing catalog

EuroKllr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Unless you're swapping this engine into a 350/R, what good is it without a control pack?

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Unless you're swapping this engine into a 350/R, what good is it without a control pack?
repin the control pack and you're good to go

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I like how they worded it so that it seemed some dude in a warehouse just happened to stumble upon a bunch of engines stashed in a corner. LOL. Assuming Ford has any kind of inventory management, they knew darn well how many they have and where they’re at.

Which leads me to my question. If they’re selling them and they say when they’re gone they’re gone, what happens to the folks that have extended warranties and their engine lets go for whatever reason under said warranty? Are they SOL?? Or will Ford just repair/replace what is damaged? Or are they holding back a certain number for extended warranty purposes?

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Voodoo/ fox swaps have been done many times .
You can use a Gen 2 manual / 6r80 control pack with a GT 350 engine harness and a custom tune

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Is that how-to over on TMO?
There are some posts on it. I don't think anyone has done a proper how to yet (at least that I've seen). But it should be pretty straight forward - just need to move some ignition and injector pins around to re-work the firing order.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
There are some posts on it. I don't think anyone has done a proper how to yet (at least that I've seen). But it should be pretty straight forward - just need to move some ignition and injector pins around to re-work the firing order.
I have the thread from Black Boss saved, but that's about the best how-to I have seen so far. I wish I knew what the inside of the PCM looked like. The image shared by Black Boss makes repinning seem so easy a caveman could do it, but I can't imagine it is...if it was easy, I'd probably be planning on a swap for 2024!

2fast2focus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andres
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
Since the Ford website states that they’re not producing any more of these engines, I wonder how this affects cars covered under an extended or certified pre-owned warranty if they require a replacement engine

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Since the Ford website states that they’re not producing any more of these engines, I wonder how this affects cars covered under an extended or certified pre-owned warranty if they require a replacement engine
If it's anything like the past, they have a certain amount in reserve and then that's it. If you need an engine and there are none, they will work with you for a solution but the car won't get fixed.

Sponsored

Revan9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ruan
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I like how they worded it so that it seemed some dude in a warehouse just happened to stumble upon a bunch of engines stashed in a corner. LOL. Assuming Ford has any kind of inventory management, they knew darn well how many they have and where they’re at.

Which leads me to my question. If they’re selling them and they say when they’re gone they’re gone, what happens to the folks that have extended warranties and their engine lets go for whatever reason under said warranty? Are they SOL?? Or will Ford just repair/replace what is damaged? Or are they holding back a certain number for extended warranty purposes?
Same thing I want to know.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
If it's anything like the past, they have a certain amount in reserve and then that's it. If you need an engine and there are none, they will work with you for a solution but the car won't get fixed.
what were historical solutions? This is wild…

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

Don't confuse Ford Performance (a separate business unit within the Ford enterprise) with Ford's OEM division. FP has these engines for a reason, and the reason has passed so the engines are being sold off as surplus. Presumably that's because the Voodoo proved to be so reliable that a batch of "in-case-of-problems" engines weren't needed. They sold a bunch of 2016 Voodoo's a while back, likely for the same reason.

In any case, if you need an engine from Ford, presumably they can supply them, even after the FP stash is gone.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Don't confuse Ford Performance (a separate business unit within the Ford enterprise) with Ford's OEM division. FP has these engines for a reason, and the reason has passed so the engines are being sold off as surplus. Presumably that's because the Voodoo proved to be so reliable that a batch of "in-case-of-problems" engines weren't needed. They sold a bunch of 2016 Voodoo's a while back, likely for the same reason.

In any case, if you need an engine from Ford, presumably they can supply them, even after the FP stash is gone.
Good point, I just wasn’t sure if FP was selling the excess Ford stock (since Ford doesn’t always sell these things directly) and that they truly mean when they’re gone they’re gone. I also know there are certain rules regarding keeping parts availability for a certain number of years after discontinuation of a particular model (7 years I think), but not sure if that applies to an entire engine or just the individual parts.

In any event, I do hope that Ford retains a certain amount of stock for the ESP holders. And you make another good point that the Voodoo is not the ticking time bomb that many make it out to be (depending on actual usage and maintenance of course).
Sponsored