Sponsored

Voluntary Recall?

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
I got an email from my dealer (quoted below) and I wonder what is voluntary recall?? I plugged my VIN into Ford recall website but there was nothing in there.

"Ford has decided that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety, may exist in 2015 MUSTANG vehicles. This is a voluntary recall and the service team at City Ford would like to answer any questions you may have.

City Ford can inspect your vehicle and, if necessary, make recall-related repairs at no charge to you. If you have any questions related to this recall, please click Reply or call us at 855-202-9797.
Sincerely,

City Ford Service Team
[email protected]
855-202-9797
"
Sponsored

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance
I got an email from my dealer (quoted below) and I wonder what is voluntary recall?? I plugged my VIN into Ford recall website but there was nothing in there.

"Ford has decided that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety, may exist in 2015 MUSTANG vehicles. This is a voluntary recall and the service team at City Ford would like to answer any questions you may have.

City Ford can inspect your vehicle and, if necessary, make recall-related repairs at no charge to you. If you have any questions related to this recall, please click Reply or call us at 855-202-9797.
Sincerely,

City Ford Service Team
[email protected]
855-202-9797"
can you put the link up to go and enter our vin numbers please

badass03ragtop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2003 GT 'vert, 1973 Fastback
Looks like it was only EBs:

DEARBORN, Michigan— Ford is recalling 728 2015 Ford Mustang coupes in North America to fix a fuel pressure sensor problem that may result in a fire risk, the automaker said on Thursday.
The Mustangs are equipped with 2.3-liter engines and were built at Flat Rock Assembly Plant from September 25, 2014 to October 9, 2014.
"A fuel pressure sensor, which is part of the fuel supply tube assembly, may have been installed incorrectly, potentially resulting in a pressurized fuel leak," Ford said in a statement. "A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source may result in a fire."
Ford is not aware of any fires, accidents or injuries related to the recall.
No information about the recall has been posted on the Web site of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, which oversees vehicle safety in the U.S.
Ford said 712 Mustangs in the U.S. are affected.
Ford dealers will replace the fuel supply tube. The recall begins the week of December 15. Owners can contact Ford at 1-800-392-3673.
Edmunds says: If you own one of the affected Mustangs, schedule a service appointment with your dealer once you receive your official recall notice. But if you have a concern in the meantime, it's best to get in touch with your dealer now.
View more Consumer

Can check by VIN here: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?BackToLogin=Owner%2FPage%2FRecallsPage&pagename=Owner%2FPage%2FIdentifyVehiclePage&level=vin&recallsflow=yes

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance