Voltage fluctuations and deep sleep mode 2022 Mustang gt

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Where did you read this? My car has sat for two weeks without going into deep sleep. Even remote unlock still worked.
I have noticed it myself, and it's also in the service manual:

Screenshot 2022-10-02 at 14.02.38.png

I haven't seen the exact number of days specified anywhere, but in my case it's always seven. Each time I was away from home for more than seven days (the battery being full and connected to a charger during this time) it was always on the seventh day that FordPass notified me that the car went to sleep. Always on the seventh day, no exception.
Now, it could be that the precise number of days varies from one car to the next, depending on optional extras, or battery size, or perhaps market, or something like that. I stated seven day above because that had been my experience, but you're right, the exact time limit might vary.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Your "Ford App" is a glorified spy and really is of no other real use. I suggest you uninstall it and never use it again. They just emailed me telling me they miss me, like an old GF that got dumped again.
Oh the car spies too lol, unless you pull the telematics fuse.

OP
OP
Wickedluis

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Gt PP1 Stage 2 whipple
I didn't notice it until I had work done on my car either but it is very common. for voltage to vary between 12.5 and 15 on these cars.
It stopped doing it and is charging properly now. My guess is the dealership service mechanic left something on and discharged my battery. I drove it around for a couple days and it's working properly now.

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
[...] but I did notice the service people messed with my settings on the car and even had their phone paired to my stereo..
Sounds like someone had fun.
Sponsored