Sponsored

Voice activated Navi+Sync 3...just good or great?

4wheelpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Kia Optima SX
Getting ready to place an order for a 2016 GT Fastback and considering the Navigation System.
Haven't been able to find out much about it, except i've been told that it will be updated free of charge as needed.

Easy to use?
Accurate voice command recognition?
Accurate guidance to destination?
Features?
Worth the cost?
Would google maps or waze be good enough?

Comments from real world users would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
- It's very good in terms of guidance, directions, voice activation
- It's always with you, doesn't require charging, a data connection
- It provides some interesting car integration (popping up gas location when the fuel light comes on)
- It's easily upgraded

Also, figure out the discounted cost, you're probably not paying the full $795 (if you distribute the discount across all the options).

Additionally, a '16 GT with Nav would be a Premium, now consider that cost and the percentage the factory Nav contributes, it's pretty trivial.

Have fun with your order.

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
My wife has Sync 2+NAV and I have Sync 3+NAV. HUGE difference. Significantly quicker, very accurate, and I love the Navigation is very user intuitive with its different screen options.

jpilone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I really like the way the map navigates. I like being able to pinch to expand or zoom in like a smart phone. Very user friendly

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
I really like the way the map navigates. I like being able to pinch to expand or zoom in like a smart phone. Very user friendly
Did not know it had that capability. That is awesome.

Sponsored

OP
OP

4wheelpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Kia Optima SX
- It's very good in terms of guidance, directions, voice activation
- It's always with you, doesn't require charging, a data connection
- It provides some interesting car integration (popping up gas location when the fuel light comes on)
- It's easily upgraded

Also, figure out the discounted cost, you're probably not paying the full $795 (if you distribute the discount across all the options).

Additionally, a '16 GT with Nav would be a Premium, now consider that cost and the percentage the factory Nav contributes, it's pretty trivial.

Have fun with your order.
Thanks! I appreciate the great explanation!

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Did not know it had that capability. That is awesome.
Yeah, the Sync 3 system moved to a capacitive touch tech (from resistive), just like your smart phone, that makes it WAY more responsive (not to mention the 1.7GHz dual core CPU, etc.)

:cheers:

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
Yep, can't go wrong with the Navi. I love mine. Voice commands actually work and make it a breeze to use.

Bill Black

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Getting ready to place an order for a 2016 GT Fastback and considering the Navigation System.
Haven't been able to find out much about it, except i've been told that it will be updated free of charge as needed.

Easy to use?
Accurate voice command recognition?
Accurate guidance to destination?
Features?
Worth the cost?
Would google maps or waze be good enough?

Comments from real world users would be greatly appreciated.
Easy to use?7 out 10
Accurate voice command recognition?4 out 10 you have to speak super clear and hope that the road names are easy "main street" etc, Siri on my iphone 6 is light years ahead as far as the voice recognition goes. Luckily the sync 3 system with be able to be upgraded to apple car play this year, (so I heard)
Accurate guidance to destination?so far so good. I just bought my car a few weeks ago, and I don't use it all the time, but it hasn't got me lost yet.
Features?
Worth the cost?its a lot for a navi system but I'm glad I got it over all so I can free up my phone for other things. Its not necessary if you have a smart phone
Would google maps or waze be good enough?yes

Hope this helps!

Sponsored

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Accurate voice command recognition?4 out 10 you have to speak super clear and hope that the road names are easy "main street" etc,
Just the other day I did voice navigation with the windows down. H-pipe and muffler deletes. Works fine for me.

jedcoRED

Makesnosenseiknowcrazy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP OW Ebony
I have Sync 3 and so far it has worked just fine...I like how when you are coming to a split on the highway the screen splits and shows what lanes to be in and it also splits at every turn with a count down scroll that gets smaller the closer you get to the turn which is nice. What I don't like is when it can't find an address it just says "no matches" and that's it. No nearby address or any other options just "no matches". Had to use my googlemaps in a car with nav the other day just really pissed me off. Maybe it's me lol.

Bill Black

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I have Sync 3 and so far it has worked just fine...I like how when you are coming to a split on the highway the screen splits and shows what lanes to be in and it also splits at every turn with a count down scroll that gets smaller the closer you get to the turn which is nice. What I don't like is when it can't find an address it just says "no matches" and that's it. No nearby address or any other options just "no matches". Had to use my googlemaps in a car with nav the other day just really pissed me off. Maybe it's me lol.

i've had to use my iphone a couple times too. kinda a bummer when u pay $799 for this option. Had I paid $300 it wouldn't bugged me as much.
Sponsored