Sponsored

VMP has a 3.1 liter TVS on the way

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
As in, VMP did an exclusive agreement with Eaton or Eaton is releasing a 3.1 and everyone (like edelbrock, vmp, roush, etc) will be releasing a 3.1 TVS system?

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Nice more details please...

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
As in, VMP did an exclusive agreement with Eaton or Eaton is releasing a 3.1 and everyone (like edelbrock, vmp, roush, etc) will be releasing a 3.1 TVS system?
As in, Eaton have a 3.1L rotor pack coming and everyone will have access to it.

Sponsored

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grey gt500 pp, recaros, nav
Vmp can shove it and others will have a better fit.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Damnnnnnn.
I'll be pissed if Roush come out with a 3.1 liter. But, if it's Eaton, more so likely.
I just got my 2650 Roushcharger last year. You mean I'm going to have to spend more money again?!?! :cwl: :whew:

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Damnnnnnn.
I'll be pissed if Roush come out with a 3.1 liter. But, if it's Eaton, more so likely.
I just got my 2650 Roushcharger last year. You mean I'm going to have to spend more money again?!?! :cwl: :whew:
For the TVS architecture, the 3.1 is just starting to be enough, they should probably come out with about a 3.4, which would be perfect, not oversized, but big enough where guys that want to make bigger power don't have to use a pulley the size of a quarter.

Basically they should size the blower so that it'll make 1000 rear without having to upgrade to a 8 or 10 rib setup. It'd be a little oversized for guys wanting less than that, but it would be a platform that could run 700-1000 hp on a 6 rib pulley.

Whipple just came out with a massive blower and it's overkill because the 3.0 is capable of running out to 1000 without having to go crazy tiny pulley.

OP
OP

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD 13 Nissan Titan Wknd ride 17 Mustang GT
I dont think there is any other info available at the moment. It is an Eaton Rotorpack but only VMP has announced a 3.1 coming out.

Sponsored

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I take it you bought into the argument between VMP, and MFP?
Nope I have direct experience with them and will never buy from them again unless I had absolutely no choice at all.

OP
OP

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD 13 Nissan Titan Wknd ride 17 Mustang GT
Nope I have direct experience with them and will never buy from them again unless I had absolutely no choice at all.
I’m curious about your experience if you don’t mind sharing. I recently got a GEN2R. I felt their customer service was top notch, but I’m still unsure about their tuning at least on my particular car. Never could get it right after multiple email revisions.

I ended up towing my car from GA to their shop thinking a dyno tune was the way to go. It’s mostly fine but it still seems off just a bit but it pulls hard and there’s no check engine light so I’ve decided to just enjoy it for now.

I was under the impression that VMP, Lund, and PBD were the best tuners for Mustangs. I’m not so sure anymore but I may give Lund a shot next year.

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m curious about your experience if you don’t mind sharing. I recently got a GEN2R. I felt their customer service was top notch, but I’m still unsure about their tuning at least on my particular car. Never could get it right after multiple email revisions.

I ended up towing my car from GA to their shop thinking a dyno tune was the way to go. It’s mostly fine but it still seems off just a bit but it pulls hard and there’s no check engine light so I’ve decided to just enjoy it for now.

I was under the impression that VMP, Lund, and PBD were the best tuners for Mustangs. I’m not so sure anymore but I may give Lund a shot next year.
Some years ago I had a brand new gt500 that I bought a new VMP blower and tons of other parts for. At the time it was a pretty on the edge setup. 21 psi on pump. So of course I wanted it dyno tuned by them. Put my parts on and got an emailed base tune to just drive the car on. It wasn't a complete tune. So his only opening was 2 months or so away and was scheduled way ahead.

Loaded up the car and drove it to his house aka shop and he wasn't even there. Then he finally showed up an hour late. Then wouldn't tune the car. Apparently he didn't remember and had something else to do . So basically I was fucked and had to drive all the way home and wasted a shit load of time and money. From there he never asked to reschedule or do a track session or anything. I ended up being out of months of driving and racing the car. So I'll never ever use them for anything unless there is absolutely no choice. Even then I'd probably change direction lol.

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
Whipple 3.8 will be out soon
Sponsored