russd05

Russ
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Performance Package
Well with this set up i ran 11.012 1/4. @131mph. On an auto car. If it weren’t so hot i would have easily been in the 10s.

OP
OP

NIL8GM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Well with this set up i ran 11.012 1/4. @131mph. On an auto car. If it weren’t so hot i would have easily been in the 10s.
Nice mph! Did you ever get this on the Dyno? Was VMP's tune spot on, first try..or did you have to do some back and forth with datalogs? Im still on the fence on what to do..

russd05

Russ
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Vehicle(s)
I did not get it dynoed yet. I have been slacking on that part. vmp's tune took a little while to get right because they have to put your car back to the factory ford gt tune and then overlay their tune ontop and that took a little while to get correct. overall I am very happy with my car once I get a quieter exhaust on my car.

OP
OP

NIL8GM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I did not get it dynoed yet. I have been slacking on that part. vmp's tune took a little while to get right because they have to put your car back to the factory ford gt tune and then overlay their tune ontop and that took a little while to get correct. overall I am very happy with my car once I get a quieter exhaust on my car.
Can you define "a little while"? lol Did this take multiple back and forth with them? SCT or nGuage? I thought that nGauge is supposed to simplify things now concerning the Roush tune...

Sponsored

russd05

Russ
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Vehicle(s)
I still hear no whine my exhaust is way to loud.
and I have the sct.
it took a few back and forth times with them but I would say she is running great.

sy1462

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Russ05- You were running the phase 1 and added 79mm pulley, BAP, and injectors with VMP tune only correct? What injectors?

oop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I have the luxury of being in CA so i cant do the VMP Tuning....

but with my current setup of the Roush Stage 1 Kit with just 82mm pulley swap from the factory 85mm, ID 1000s and a tune for Shaun at AED.

I made 635rwhp on 91 and 710 rwhp on E85.

I am going back on April 4th for a retune and adding a VMP Twin 67mm TB, 79mm Pulley, PMAS 120 Intake and return fuel system. Car will be running on E85 because again CA doesnt have 93 pump..... but im looking forward to 750+rwhp from other setups like the one i am moving with.

I can definitely give more accurate numbers once that happens.
Andi, what numbers did you end up with after your upgrades and new tune?

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
Looking to upgrade from my lazy Roush phase 1 670 tune. The 2 simplest affordable upgrade options I see are the PMD L3 and the VMP 767hp package. Anyone running either of these? Feedback would be great.
Would not waste $$$ on vmp. The Roush is more than capable. I have had both and wasted money on the vmp. The Roush blower made around 30 more HP and did it in worse conditions. A buddy of mine bought my Roush blower when I went TT and he is knocking em down one by one on the streets.

OP
OP

NIL8GM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Pulled the trigger today on VMP's 730hp upgrade +JLT CAI. They have a 15% off sale till the end of the week so that was my incentive. Will start with the 730 kit till i do OPG's. Will update with first impressions once I receive..

Sponsored

rANDIANDI

Cashfed5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andi
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Andi, what numbers did you end up with after your upgrades and new tune?
After my retune with the current setup

Roush 2.3 + 79mm Pulley
ARH Catless Header
FIC1000s
Rodeheavers Return Fuel System
VMP Twin 67 TB
Pmas Intake

CA 91 Pump Gas: 670rwhp
CA E85 Pump: 735rwhp

Tuner said 735rwhp on E85 was low but had a bad offset of E85.

OP
OP

NIL8GM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Pulled the trigger today on VMP's 730hp upgrade +JLT CAI. They have a 15% off sale till the end of the week so that was my incentive. Will start with the 730 kit till i do OPG's. Will update with first impressions once I receive..
Kit came in today. Pulled my stock file to send back to them. Now I wait.

I also received one heat range colder plugs. What are you guys gapping your plugs to?

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
Kit came in today. Pulled my stock file to send back to them. Now I wait.

I also received one heat range colder plugs. What are you guys gapping your plugs to?
What does your tuner want you to gap them too?
Sponsored