Sponsored

Visually tell the difference between true HP and faux HP

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
I have my eye on a 2022 Mach 1 Premium, Red, 6 speed. It has the HP spoiler, with Gurney flap, the HP wheels but is missing the parts a dealer is supposed to add on at delivery such as the front wheel well molding, the lower chin splitter and possibly the camber plates. If I can't see the original sticker is there other signs of an HP Mach 1? I checked the VIN on the lookup and it didn't indicate the packages it comes with. Thoughts?
Was the dealer supposed to install all those parts? 🤔 For the plastic add-ons I thought they were owner-installed, and the Mach 1 add-on to the manual had instructions. I've seen a thread or two where owners talked about installing them.
...So if this is a new car, never sold before, those parts could be in the trunk or in the Parts department. Or (ugh) you might have to open a ticket to get them delivered.
Sponsored

OP
OP
The stang dude

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
Ya. Not new. Has 6500kms on it. There was nothing in the trunk. I didn't ask because I wasn't sure it was an HP car. I will be inquiring though because inquiring minds want to know.

Cobrajet70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Hp
Vehicle Showcase
I did PDIs on a few of them including my own. The splitter sits in between the seats, I got a extra one for just in case.. comes in a box that's like six and a half feet tall.. $960 street price. The gurney flap comes in the trunk.
The only part that was sent separately was the fender extensions, they're made by air design. I also have a extra set do to a set being warrantied because they weren't installed correctly by someone else.
I have part numbers for all of it if needed.

Cobrajet70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Hp
Vehicle Showcase
Don't all S550s have a split-folding rear seat?
The only exception I can think of was the GT350R, with no rear seat at all.
Carbon fiber track package and the GT350R had the rear seat delete has standard. Mach 1 is the only variant that had it as a option.

Adding a rear seat to a rear seat deleted car is not cheap.

Sponsored

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Raptor, 2011 Ford CV Lemons Race Car
Is that MSRP in Russian Rubles? 🤔

Didn't pay that much for our Shelby...
Guess we are out of touch w/exchange rates up north.

Good luck on your potential purchase!
Yep….It’s about 60,500 US.

OP
OP
The stang dude

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
Now the question is is that a fair price considering its missing $2k CDN worth of parts to make it whole again and it has 6500 kms on it?

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Raptor, 2011 Ford CV Lemons Race Car
Now the question is is that a fair price considering its missing $2k CDN worth of parts to make it whole again and it has 6500 kms on it?
That’s a very region specific question. What are they going for in your area? Do the missing parts give, you leverage in negotiations or are is the market for HP Mach 1’s so scarce the seller can hold potential buyers hostage to his price?

OP
OP
The stang dude

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
For a Red Mach 1 they are rare. I have seen only 3 for sale in my area all around the same price and 2 were 2021 models. This one is the only Premium manual model. There have been fighter Jet gray models around the same price. I do think the missing parts might give me a little leverage.

Sponsored

kb19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350r, mach 1
They're all bolt-on parts, except for the MagneRide tuning so you never know. Sticker is your only choice. You can get it here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/window-sticker.107986/

Camber plates are factory installed, if it doesn't have them, it's not factory HP. Then again it doesn't matter as you can make it HP (or far better) easily yourself.
The Magneride tuning is the same for all Mach 1's (HP and non-HP). Confirmed this with Ford Performance when shopping for the upgraded handling and asked if the Magneride needed to be reprogrammed to take advantage of the upgraded springs (m-5300-w) and sway bars (m-5490g). The Mach 1 Magnetide tuning detects the stiffness/response and adjusts accordingly.

kb19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350r, mach 1
The Magneride tuning is the same for all Mach 1's (HP and non-HP). Confirmed this with Ford Performance when shopping for the upgraded handling and asked if the Magneride needed to be reprogrammed to take advantage of the upgraded springs (m-5300-w) and sway bars (m-5490g). The Mach 1 Magnetide tuning detects the stiffness/response and adjusts accordingly.
I should add that the springs and sway bars I listed (and installed on my Mach 1) should make it handle better than an HP Mach 1. Both the springs and sway bars were designed to be an upgrade for even the GT350R (I have a GT350R in the stable as well, so not knocking it); according to Ford Performance, the springs give a Magneride equipped Mustang "increased handling dynamics" over the stock GT350R springs and the sway bars give "increased handling and performance" over the stock GT350R sway bars. This was my plan in buying a non-HP Mach 1 cuz I knew I wouldn't want to drive around with the extra front spoiler since I have a stupidly steep driveway and I prefer the look of the rear end without the big wang and the mpg-robbing flap (the 5.0 is plenty thirsty enough without help).
Sponsored