Visor Stickers

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
As a perfectionist the huge visor stickers in several languages have always driven me crazy. I have removed them from all my vehicles, and the GT350 has actually been the easiest. Heated a corner of sticker for about 30 seconds with a hair dryer, then used my fingernail to get a very small piece loose (this is the hardest part). Then grasped that small piece with a hemostat and heated entire sticker with hairdryer as I slowly removed it (fingers get too hot if try and hold it with fingers while removing). Very slight marking is left behind from initial install process by Ford, but looks much better than sticker did (the third pic is the finished visor with a blinding Surefire flashlight on the visor, not very noticeable in normal lighting conditions).

On another vehicle the visor material itself became a little loose afterwards, wax paper and an iron fixed it perfectly, but didn't have any problems on the GT350.

And yes, it will make your car lighter... lol
visor1.jpg
Visor2.jpg
visor3.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
As a perfectionist the huge visor stickers in several languages have always driven me crazy. I have removed them from all my vehicles, and the GT350 has actually been the easiest. Heated a corner of sticker for about 30 seconds with a hair dryer, then used my fingernail to get a very small piece loose (this is the hardest part). Then grasped that small piece with a hemostat and heated entire sticker with hairdryer as I slowly removed it (fingers get too hot if try and hold it with fingers while removing). Very slight marking is left behind from initial install process by Ford, but looks much better than sticker did (the third pic is the finished visor with a blinding Surefire flashlight on the visor, not very noticeable in normal lighting conditions).

On another vehicle the visor material itself became a little loose afterwards, wax paper and an iron fixed it perfectly, but didn't have any problems on the GT350.

This is fantastic, thank you for my next mod. I hate these stickers. This should be the official sticker delete thread !

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Funny, when I was looking at a pic of a GT350 the other day, all I could see is that damn visor sticker showing up in the shot. lol. This will be removed on mine!

Sponsored

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase

Sway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt (Oxford White)
Damn you can take these off...I covered mine with vinyl.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
I did this on my C7 and no matter what I tried, you could still see where the sticker was. I finally went with a matching material and it looked better to me. If you go this way, the color you want for the GT350 is "Ebony".

http://www.sunvisorsolutions.com/

Sponsored
OP
OP
rb92gt

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Good to know about the sticker idea as well, I have been looking everywhere for lighted visors to replace my originals on my 1992 GT (my first car) where the original material has deteriorated, but they are nowhere to be found, I bet I could use the sticker material to fix them.

Last edited:

757DRVR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

It worked great! Took about 5 minutes per visor! :cheers:

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Great!!!!! I had gotten a corner started but it wouldn't give way, now I'll take the hair drier and remove those ugly things!!!!!!

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
In my old car I did this after many years of sun exposure and it was exceedingly difficult (stickers broke apart and glue was hardened). What helped even out the color (glue basically) on the visors was mineral spirit. That was not enough though I suspect on a new car that was not in the sun for long (I always use a windshield reflective sun shade and visors are what is holding that in place - Covercraft UVS100 - and thus get a 'bit'' of sun :) ). I had to find a black dye and blended that in. The result was great.

I have not done anything in the GT350 yet but I will try to remove them.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Once started, the hair drier made short work of mine. Came right off with just a little imprint of the stickers left behind. Looks so much better than the stupid stickers.
Sponsored