Sponsored

VIR Full Course: I bought a $100K Fuel Strainer / Evaporator!!!

Dig-It

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
GT500KR (0758), GT500 (N2617), GT500 (N3432)
I just finished an awesome track weekend running with Track Club USA and Shelby Cobra Mustang Club at Virginia International Raceway.

First off, this car is freaking amazing!!! But you all knew that already.

These two car clubs are great and professional to run with, and I’ve been a member of both for most of the last ten years. Although I had to take the last three years off due to work commitments. The last time I ran a Mustang at VIR was April 2017. 2:08 on the full course.

Four years later, in my new GT500 on the full course at VIR, I’m able to turn in 2:10s pretty consistently all weekend. It’s the car, not me. I’m just starting to get back in to my grove. This car is freaking amazing!!!

It’s a nose heavy supercharged Mustang, but it has IRS and huge meaty tires. I appreciate the performance engineering that allow me to hit 161 MPH on the back straight and the electronic nannies that that keep me and and my investment safe on the track (and out of the grass). It’s the whole package.

I really had a great weekend and I look forward to enjoying many more with this car on this track.

I do have one complaint - the rate of fuel consumption at wide open throttle for twenty to twenty-five minutes at a shot! I bought a $100K fuel strainer / evaporator! I’d fill the damn thing up and have 59 miles till empty show up on the dash! I’d get two laps in, burn down an eighth of a tank and have the big yellow 50 mile till empty warning flash on the instrument screen. Damn! Oh well, first world problems and all, I guess.

This truly is an amazing car!
Sponsored

Last edited:

PUR_SPD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, RR, CFTP, TP; 2013 Boss 302, SBY; 2016 F150 Super Crew; 2010 Audi A6
At Road America running full out I figured it would last 22 minutes before it was empty. A 20 gallon tank would have been nice for sure.

I’m at Road Atlanta this weekend. So we shall see.

Not every lap has to be all out.

AMBJR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ALLEN
Vehicle(s)
03 Mustang Cobra-20 GT500
3-4mpg x 16 gallons = 48-64 miles. Pretty much in line with other 700hp cars like a McLaren 720S & Porsche GT2 RS. HP = fuel.
Does anybody make a 24 gallon Fuel Cell for the 2020/21 GT500?
Sponsored