Sponsored

Vinyl Wrapped S550's (Pictures)

T8stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Black 401A
That red aluminum and that flat grey with black stripes!!
Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Skimming through the thread, it seems like there might be some misconceptions about vinyl wrap, as I see people are choosing either a clear bra or vinyl wrap for protection. The only thing you can count on vinyl wrap protecting your original paint from is bird crap, tree sap, road tar, bugs. If you're choosing vinyl wrap vs a clear bra to protect yourself from rock chips, you're going to have a bad time.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Any pics of what the door jambs, under hood and under trunk lid areas look like with a wrapped vehicle? Does the wrap just end at edges of doors and pillars?

How is the shine maintained on a gloss wrapped vehicle?

marto.s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty/Marto
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT
Any pics of what the door jambs, under hood and under trunk lid areas look like with a wrapped vehicle? Does the wrap just end at edges of doors and pillars?

How is the shine maintained on a gloss wrapped vehicle?
I work for a wrap company in Australia so I can answer your questions (SS Signs & Vehicle Wraps).

There is no point wrapping under the bonnet, it will add unnecessary costs for something you don't see and some bonnets can be quite labour intensive.

This is why a black car or a dark coloured car is the best so when you open the bonnet or doors it doesn't look too bad. As you may of course know, Red is one of the least favourable colours to change to say blue as it will stand out in the sills. One option is to wrap the car in a similar colour, wrapping Gloss red to say Matt Red would look good. I mean ultimately it doesn't matter, but I usually suggest picking a colour whilst considering the base colour.

The wrap will usually finish to the edges unless requested otherwise.
I have included photos of an M4 below we did which shows the door sills wrapped. In this instance, we wrapped each panel separate to allow for additional vinyl wrap around the edges as opposed to the traditional process of wrapping one side in 1 piece of vinyl and trimming to the door joins. This means you only have a couple of mm to wrap around the edges. This isn't a big deal of course and if done right, won't lift.

We also remove all trims/rubbers/handles etc., as any good vinyl wrap company should, so the vinyl is pushed under and won't lift. Going over a car we gave the full wrap treatment to, you won't see any of the original colour.

We have a few products that we use to keep the vinyl clean and shiny, such as an iso and water solution. You mainly use that to get rid of marks and dirt and then you can wash the car as normal. The iso and water is great for Matt cars to remove finger prints and keep the vinyl in good condition.

PS. Excuse the Aussie spellings such as colour as opposed to color.

More here:
http://www.ss-signs.com.au/portfolio/bmw-m4-matt-grey-aluminium/

Sponsored

Chris R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford GT Premium
I didn't even think about vinyl wrapping my car until looking at everyone's pictures, looks great! Although, I wouldn't wrap the entire car, just pieces and places. Mind giving your opinions for what I am thinking?

I have the 20" Niche Essen matte black rims, with the matte black emblems (5.0, front horse, back "GT"). I am thinking of making the hood extractors/turn signal piece MATTE or SATIN black, as well as my roof and maybe spoiler. What do you think? Also matte or Satin?

BUT, I do have the gloss black trunk (where the "GT" sits), so either I get that the same vinyl as everything else, or I make everything gloss black?

Opinions? Current look (picture without the 15% tint, safe to click pictures):

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
I didn't even think about vinyl wrapping my car until looking at everyone's pictures, looks great! Although, I wouldn't wrap the entire car, just pieces and places. Mind giving your opinions for what I am thinking?

I have the 20" Niche Essen matte black rims, with the matte black emblems (5.0, front horse, back "GT"). I am thinking of making the hood extractors/turn signal piece MATTE or SATIN black, as well as my roof and maybe spoiler. What do you think? Also matte or Satin?

BUT, I do have the gloss black trunk (where the "GT" sits), so either I get that the same vinyl as everything else, or I make everything gloss black?

Opinions? Current look (picture without the 15% tint, safe to click pictures):
Just plasti dip your emblems. Wrapping them is about impossible and not cost effective. Plasti dip works just fine and if you mess it up just peel and respray :thumbsup:

Chris R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford GT Premium
Just plasti dip your emblems. Wrapping them is about impossible and not cost effective. Plasti dip works just fine and if you mess it up just peel and respray :thumbsup:
I was saying that I already have the matte black emblems by UPR.:headbang:

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Love the way that wrap looks on the car.

Sponsored

Steeeliskt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Manual
Found this guy browsing the internet. Love this color, Satin Nero Pearl

This looks really good. I want to do it so bad but I feel like it is throwing money away to have to replace it after 3 years.

MrRoyce

Royce Stallion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT (NOW Wrapped In Satin Pearl)
[MENTION=15673]kkakonn[/MENTION] & [MENTION=18758]Steeeliskt[/MENTION] thanks for the love! Of course I'm biased, lol, but it's not a waste for me, I love the original gloss black, so I see it as "preserving the sexy" with more sexy on top lol for 5 years..But thanks guys!

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I work for a wrap company in Australia so I can answer your questions (SS Signs & Vehicle Wraps).

I have included photos of an M4 below we did which shows the door sills wrapped. In this instance, we wrapped each panel separate to allow for additional vinyl wrap around the edges as opposed to the traditional process of wrapping one side in 1 piece of vinyl and trimming to the door joins. This means you only have a couple of mm to wrap around the edges. This isn't a big deal of course and if done right, won't lift.
That's just f***ing magic. :cheers:

What's the word on a HQ full car wrap? $3000-4000? (US)

MrRoyce

Royce Stallion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT (NOW Wrapped In Satin Pearl)
Mine ran me for $3200...good for 5 to 7 yrs and anytime it's starts peeling or damaged they'll rewrap it no extra charge
Sponsored