Sponsored

Video: Weird Noise - Anyone Else Have This Issue?

OP
OP
mattballislife

mattballislife

Threads
Reaction score
Website
ballislife.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
gt350R
Latest Update -

Just got the car back on Monday. Fixes done -
  • Removed intake manifold for inspection of runners butterfly playes and notice excessive play on the two front butterflys, replaced intake manifold and retested, some noise still present.
  • Cancel cylinder one at a time, removed accessory drive belts, disconnected VCT solenoids and noise did not change
  • Removed oil filter and inspected for metal debris, none found. Installed new oil filter and changed oil. Now the noise is no longer present.
Ford has granted the replacement at MSRP of my car only and does not refund the maintenance warranty or Gap and says that I would need to go directly to the dealership for this.

Additionally they said that they would only cover the MSRP of the car and not anything over that even if I had paid it. I don't believe I have but I'll need to double check when I get home to look at my files. What is really dumb is the MSRP for the exact make up of my car for 2019 is actually $2,000 more and Ford said they would only cover up to the MSRP of the 2017 year. I have pushed back a bit on this.

I'm still waiting to hear back from the lemon law lawyer to see if they'd like to take the case or not.
Sponsored

Sponsored

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
I would say just keep Ford in limbo about your buy back for about a week Drive the shit out of the car and make sure everything is good

OP
OP
mattballislife

mattballislife

Threads
Reaction score
Website
ballislife.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
gt350R
I would say just keep Ford in limbo about your buy back for about a week Drive the shit out of the car and make sure everything is good
I've already heard some weird noises in the couple days I've had it. I'd honestly rather due a buy back or replacement as long as they give me a replacement at the same price I paid. My color is no longer made (avalanche grey).

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
So let me see if I got this straight. The noise came from a loose oil filter? There's literally nothing else wrong with the car?

Sponsored
OP
OP
mattballislife

mattballislife

Threads
Reaction score
Website
ballislife.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
gt350R
So let me see if I got this straight. The noise came from a loose oil filter? There's literally nothing else wrong with the car?
Correct. But they took apart a lot in the engine bay over the course of 45 days of having the car in the shop. They realized the filter issue because they took apart the engine and had to remove the oil etc. This was around day 42 ish.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Man. I wouldn't want it back after all that either. Congrats in advance on the new GT350 or R!

OP
OP
mattballislife

mattballislife

Threads
Reaction score
Website
ballislife.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
gt350R
Just an update - The dealerships have the right to refuse to do a replacement even if Ford grants it. I could not find a dealership to do the replacement for the following reasons.
  • Tuttleclick pretty much said no cause they like to let the car sit on their lot for 1+ years with a 30k over msrp pricetag - even though they are the ones who took the engine apart
  • I called around to others and they do replacement vehicles but have had bad experiences with ford and getting paid on time. Some have expressed that it took them 7 months to get paid and when they did get paid it was less than what it was supposed to be
  • When I asked the ford re-acquired vehicles team they said that they cannot force a dealership to do a replacement and that not many dealerships do it.
Right now I'm requesting a refund. They are allowed to deduct the miles on the car when they do the refund. The deduction came out to about 50 cents a mile or $4500 however I am getting everything else back such as the following -
  • Full down payment minus what I had still owed on my previous car
  • 100% of the payments I have made to the bank including interest (12 payments)
  • Registration which was due at the end of November
  • The Ford service plan I had purchased with the car
  • They offered $1,500 towards a future purchase
What's not included
  • I cannot get the car insurance I paid for 1.5 months without the car
  • The lyft trips I had to take when I had no car during that time however the RAV team is trying to submit them for me to see what they can do
  • The GAP insurance I paid for. However I can get that refunded at a later date by contacting the dealership I got the car from and requesting it
So, at this time I'm still trying to work with the RAV team to get the correct amount I'm due as they left off the service plan and my registration by accident on their initial offer.

I have requested more towards my future purchase in order to cover the cost of mark-ups above msrp which most likely won't happen but I'm trying.

Just for shits and giggles I test drove a tesla model 3 performance package yesterday. It's fast as F for sure and is a decent looking car.

Unfortunately for me I think there's a lot of fluff in a tesla vehicle. There's too much tech in it for simple things such as -
  • Adjusting the steering wheel can only be done with the software and a little scroll ball on the steering wheel.
  • Opening the car door from the inside - You have to click a button in order to get out which pops the door open.
  • Opening the recharging door - you have to hold your hotel key card fob next to it in order for it to pop open
Little things like these scare me because we all know they aren't going to be cheap to fix once the warranty runs out for something that's so simple to do in our everyday cars. When I asked about how much they cost to repair, the tech guru that came with me did not know but he said they were definitely not cheap. The reason why I am talking about the tesla model 3 performance package is because it's being compared a lot to the mustang, m3 and Motortrend just did a track comparison with the alfa on it.

I think it's a fast little car but it doesn't excite me like the shelby does as a rear wheel drive car. I'll put the engine sound aside for a second. The handling didn't feel as solid either.

What's funny is a lot of the reviews I see on the model 3 are not done by actual car guys but by tech people. I can't trust a techy type guy to tell me about cars lol. For 70k there's no comparison between the two vehicles. One is a car and one is really expensive software. Also note, the rebates Tesla touts do not get knocked off the price of the vehicle, you gotta submit those and wait for them to come in.

AgentOrange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fred Flintstone, two leg power
Just an update - The dealerships have the right to refuse to do a replacement even if Ford grants it. I could not find a dealership to do the replacement for the following reasons.
  • Tuttleclick pretty much said no cause they like to let the car sit on their lot for 1+ years with a 30k over msrp pricetag - even though they are the ones who took the engine apart
  • I called around to others and they do replacement vehicles but have had bad experiences with ford and getting paid on time. Some have expressed that it took them 7 months to get paid and when they did get paid it was less than what it was supposed to be
  • When I asked the ford re-acquired vehicles team they said that they cannot force a dealership to do a replacement and that not many dealerships do it.
Right now I'm requesting a refund. They are allowed to deduct the miles on the car when they do the refund. The deduction came out to about 50 cents a mile or $4500 however I am getting everything else back such as the following -
  • Full down payment minus what I had still owed on my previous car
  • 100% of the payments I have made to the bank including interest (12 payments)
  • Registration which was due at the end of November
  • The Ford service plan I had purchased with the car
  • They offered $1,500 towards a future purchase
What's not included
  • I cannot get the car insurance I paid for 1.5 months without the car
  • The lyft trips I had to take when I had no car during that time however the RAV team is trying to submit them for me to see what they can do
  • The GAP insurance I paid for. However I can get that refunded at a later date by contacting the dealership I got the car from and requesting it
So, at this time I'm still trying to work with the RAV team to get the correct amount I'm due as they left off the service plan and my registration by accident on their initial offer.

I have requested more towards my future purchase in order to cover the cost of mark-ups above msrp which most likely won't happen but I'm trying.

Just for shits and giggles I test drove a tesla model 3 performance package yesterday. It's fast as F for sure and is a decent looking car.

Unfortunately for me I think there's a lot of fluff in a tesla vehicle. There's too much tech in it for simple things such as -
  • Adjusting the steering wheel can only be done with the software and a little scroll ball on the steering wheel.
  • Opening the car door from the inside - You have to click a button in order to get out which pops the door open.
  • Opening the recharging door - you have to hold your hotel key card fob next to it in order for it to pop open
Little things like these scare me because we all know they aren't going to be cheap to fix once the warranty runs out for something that's so simple to do in our everyday cars. When I asked about how much they cost to repair, the tech guru that came with me did not know but he said they were definitely not cheap. The reason why I am talking about the tesla model 3 performance package is because it's being compared a lot to the mustang, m3 and Motortrend just did a track comparison with the alfa on it.

I think it's a fast little car but it doesn't excite me like the shelby does as a rear wheel drive car. I'll put the engine sound aside for a second. The handling didn't feel as solid either.

What's funny is a lot of the reviews I see on the model 3 are not done by actual car guys but by tech people. I can't trust a techy type guy to tell me about cars lol. For 70k there's no comparison between the two vehicles. One is a car and one is really expensive software. Also note, the rebates Tesla touts do not get knocked off the price of the vehicle, you gotta submit those and wait for them to come in.
I just checked in with my friend and he looked at his paperwork and they said Ford deducted for miles on the car. Did you use the lemon lawyer?

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
I just checked in with my friend and he looked at his paperwork and they said Ford deducted for miles on the car. Did you use the lemon lawyer?

Seems like they didn't even blink in approving your buy back @mattballislife . It was my understanding the milage deduction was SOP during a buy back.
Sponsored

Last edited: