Sponsored

Video: Weird Noise - Anyone Else Have This Issue?

OP
OP
mattballislife

mattballislife

Threads
Reaction score
Website
ballislife.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
gt350R
*Day 36*

Latest Update from the dealer - "We've inspected the engine internally as they requested and found nothing. Now we're waiting for engineering's response. Hope they'll send an engineer"

I asked why they didn't come out weeks ago and he said "They won't come out like that. We needed to do our thing too. Fingers crossed, soon. I'll look back into it Monday".

Monday will be day 39 and will also mark the 1 year anniversary of me having the vehicle.
Sponsored

OP
OP
mattballislife

mattballislife

Threads
Reaction score
Website
ballislife.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
gt350R
Just an update -

I have emailed the ford regional service rep 4 times over the course of 7 days. The 2nd and third emails were just checking in to see if she received my original email. My last email was to inform her that I would be reaching out to a lemonlaw lawyer which was this morning.

I have reached out to lemonlawpro as of now.

I just got a text back after waiting since Monday to get a text back saying that the dealer did the following

"As of this morning they've not heard the noise. They are going to try it again this afternoon. This was after they removed the valve covers for inspection as requested from the engineering department and then re-assembled the engine. They changed the oil and filter. Potentially the oil filter was the cause as it has a check valve."

Questions:
  • Is it normal to take the engine apart?
  • I have read some threads on opening up the engine and it looks like this is not a good thing to do with regards to a dealership not really being a "performance" shop. Any recommendations if I should even want the car back?
Thanks.

AgentOrange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fred Flintstone, two leg power
Just an update -

I have emailed the ford regional service rep 4 times over the course of 7 days. The 2nd and third emails were just checking in to see if she received my original email. My last email was to inform her that I would be reaching out to a lemonlaw lawyer which was this morning.

I have reached out to lemonlawpro as of now.

I just got a text back after waiting since Monday to get a text back saying that the dealer did the following

"As of this morning they've not heard the noise. They are going to try it again this afternoon. This was after they removed the valve covers for inspection as requested from the engineering department and then re-assembled the engine. They changed the oil and filter. Potentially the oil filter was the cause as it has a check valve."

Questions:
  • Is it normal to take the engine apart?
  • I have read some threads on opening up the engine and it looks like this is not a good thing to do with regards to a dealership not really being a "performance" shop. Any recommendations if I should even want the car back?
Thanks.
You did the right thing by contacting lemonlawpro. Sadly, I would stay the course with the lemon buyback. I don't know if all these dates of the car being in service will show on a carfax, but if so, that makes it harder for you to sell in the future and therefore a lemon buyback appears to be the best approach. As I stated before, my friend received 100% his money back with the help of lemonlawpro and lemonlawpro was compensated by the manufacturer.

OP
OP
mattballislife

mattballislife

Threads
Reaction score
Website
ballislife.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
gt350R
If you have favorable lemon laws I would just lemon that shit and start over.
I spoke to the lemon law legal team that was recommended earlier. I just sent them all my service documents as well as a full timeline of everything. She told me there were 3 options I could take, full buy back which includes what I paid per month & my down payment 100%, a brand new replacement or a settlement in which ford gives me money to get it fixed and I keep the car. I'll know in 2-3 days what my options really are. I'll keep you all posted.

Sponsored

AgentOrange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I spoke to the lemon law legal team that was recommended earlier. I just sent them all my service documents as well as a full timeline of everything. She told me there were 3 options I could take, full buy back which includes what I paid per month & my down payment 100%, a brand new replacement or a settlement in which ford gives me money to get it fixed and I keep the car. I'll know in 2-3 days what my options really are. I'll keep you all posted.
Personally, I would not take partial payment and keep the car bc it appears the dealership can’t even fix the car nor properly communicate. If you still want a GT350 then look into the option of Ford giving you a 2019. If you don’t want a GT350, take the 100% refund. Bonus, if you paid MSRP or ADM, then get a full refund and buy a 2019 GT350 for invoice. At least you’re in good hands with a lawyer that is not charging you.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Just heard back from a regional service rep yesterday. I sent her all of my Lyft receipts and she will now be personally checking in with the service and repair of the vehicle. She also stated that once the vehicle is fixed she will work on incentives for me since I just paid a car note and insurance for a car to sit at the dealer for 34 days.

Thanks again for the suggestion
What is the name of your dealer?

OP
OP
mattballislife

mattballislife

Threads
Reaction score
Website
ballislife.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
gt350R
Latest Update -

The dealer contacted me yesterday saying they think the noise is gone and were gonna do a second test yesterday afternoon.
...I never heard back until today at 12:09pm with a text stating that the service manager was literally walking over to the technician to get me an update...guess what...The update never came lol.

Instead I got a call from the corporate regional service rep to let me know that she got a call from the service rep at Tuttle Click and it seems like they are working towards a solution and that it might be my oil filter and oil...guess who is the only place to change my oil and oil filter? Yup, Tuttle Click Ford in Irvine, Ca. I told the rep that the service rep texted me at 12:09pm that he was literally walking over to the tech to get me an update...4 hours and 40 minutes later he hasn't gotten back from his walk.

I let the rep know that after 43 days and her not contacting me back after 4 emails and a voicemail that I had contacted a lemon law lawyer because at this point I was out of options. She asked if I had obtained a lawyer and I said no, I just inquired and am waiting to hear back. Instantly she asked if I wanted to do a buyback or a replacement. That she would have to ask her manager first but before I obtain a lawyer to let her check and she would get back to me by next Thursday. I told her that I don't want a car whose engine was removed from the car and the valve covers taken off only to find out that it was an oil filter and an oil change...and the car has only ever been serviced by this dealership.

I also asked her why she didn't respond to any of my emails and phone call...she never got my emails...I never got a bounce back email...:wink:

I had her email me while I was on the phone with her and emailed her back requesting a replacement of a gt350r with the electronics package. I had the gt350 with the electronics package so I'll keep you all posted. The lemon law lawyer is supposed to get back to me by tomorrow or Monday and Ford by next Thursday. Based on my convo with Ford it seems like they want to avoid the lemon law lawyer if they can. Fingers crossed that this isn't another 2-3 months from my already 43 days.

Sponsored

AgentOrange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Latest Update -

The dealer contacted me yesterday saying they think the noise is gone and were gonna do a second test yesterday afternoon.
...I never heard back until today at 12:09pm with a text stating that the service manager was literally walking over to the technician to get me an update...guess what...The update never came lol.

Instead I got a call from the corporate regional service rep to let me know that she got a call from the service rep at Tuttle Click and it seems like they are working towards a solution and that it might be my oil filter and oil...guess who is the only place to change my oil and oil filter? Yup, Tuttle Click Ford in Irvine, Ca. I told the rep that the service rep texted me at 12:09pm that he was literally walking over to the tech to get me an update...4 hours and 40 minutes later he hasn't gotten back from his walk.

I let the rep know that after 43 days and her not contacting me back after 4 emails and a voicemail that I had contacted a lemon law lawyer because at this point I was out of options. She asked if I had obtained a lawyer and I said no, I just inquired and am waiting to hear back. Instantly she asked if I wanted to do a buyback or a replacement. That she would have to ask her manager first but before I obtain a lawyer to let her check and she would get back to me by next Thursday. I told her that I don't want a car whose engine was removed from the car and the valve covers taken off only to find out that it was an oil filter and an oil change...and the car has only ever been serviced by this dealership.

I also asked her why she didn't respond to any of my emails and phone call...she never got my emails...I never got a bounce back email...:wink:

I had her email me while I was on the phone with her and emailed her back requesting a replacement of a gt350r with the electronics package. I had the gt350 with the electronics package so I'll keep you all posted. The lemon law lawyer is supposed to get back to me by tomorrow or Monday and Ford by next Thursday. Based on my convo with Ford it seems like they want to avoid the lemon law lawyer if they can. Fingers crossed that this isn't another 2-3 months from my already 43 days.
Since California laws mandate the manufacturer pay for your lawyer, make sure you use the lawyer as Ford may be putting you through a process that will 1.) Take too much time or 2.) Short you on your true options to rectify this issue.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
My buddy works tuttle click and he does my oil changes every 4000 miles. His the only one touches my car. I only take it because I have free maintenance plan up too 100k.

He told me they have Shelby that came in and it was 9 qurts low of oil.

OP
OP
mattballislife

mattballislife

Threads
Reaction score
Website
ballislife.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
gt350R
My buddy works tuttle click and he does my oil changes every 4000 miles. His the only one touches my car. I only take it because I have free maintenance plan up too 100k.

He told me they have Shelby that came in and it was 9 qurts low of oil.
Very interesting. I got my oil changed there on June 27 of this year and have only driven about 3,500 miles since. I wonder if the folks that changed the oil changed it like a regular car. I believe the shelby 5.2 needs like 10-12 quarts

I take mine there as well as I got the maintenance plan with the car.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I would suggest getting your full refund and look at another manufacture. You don't want to go through the same thing again.

OP
OP
mattballislife

mattballislife

Threads
Reaction score
Website
ballislife.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
gt350R
I would suggest getting your full refund and look at another manufacture. You don't want to go through the same thing again.
Eh, it happens from time to time with any manufacture. There's a reason why there are lemon laws and warranties. I'm thankful for both and is a big reason why I never mod my cars during a warranty period. I've had issues with Hondas and bmw's in the past. The only difference is the service at BMW is quite different than Ford. They could stand to learn a think or two from them.
Sponsored