Tony_the_Brit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
There aren't many good comparisons so I thought that I would post this.

The 1st car is a stock GT350, the red one is mine - Kooks long tube headers, off-road downpipes & X-pipe plus 18" x 4" round resonators and OEM mufflers.
Sponsored

Attachments

OP
OP
Tony_the_Brit

Tony_the_Brit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Here is another where you can here the stock on better. This was another GT350. There were 4 there this weekend!

Attachments

OP
OP
Tony_the_Brit

Tony_the_Brit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Kooks all the way to the rear mufflers except for the added resonators.

Most engine failures with these Gen2 cars seem to be dropped valves which is not something they are likely to blame on a tune that is effectively a slight tweak.

OP
OP
Tony_the_Brit

Tony_the_Brit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
You may want to search for my original post with pics etc. as I discuss the fact that it sounds (to me) pretty bad when the exhaust is closed and stupid loud when open - on the road. If I was going to mostly use this car on the road I would have left it alone but this is my track toy.

Sponsored

Kramerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
You may want to search for my original post with pics etc. as I discuss the fact that it sounds (to me) pretty bad when the exhaust is closed and stupid loud when open - on the road. If I was going to mostly use this car on the road I would have left it alone but this is my track toy.
Thanks for the heads up. I actually remember reading your comments on this setup in the other thread. Hearing is much better than reading about it though :like:

My car is mostly a track toy, although I do drive it around town on random nice days. I would love to do this same setup, I think the long tubes with resonators sounds the best IMO. But with an extended warranty in place I would hate to have the warranty voided because of the tune if the worst were to happen.

Did you throw a CAI on for the tune as well or did you just have Brenspeed tune for the increased exhaust flow?

OP
OP
Tony_the_Brit

Tony_the_Brit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
No issues. The only light I have is the airbags because of the seat swap.

ameapm2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Genesis 2018 GT350
There aren't many good comparisons so I thought that I would post this.

The 1st car is a stock GT350, the red one is mine - Kooks long tube headers, off-road downpipes & X-pipe plus 18" x 4" round resonators and OEM mufflers.
Is it possible for you to upload this on youtube?

OP
OP
Tony_the_Brit

Tony_the_Brit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

samir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samir
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
With the Kooks headers do you still get the burbles, crackels, and pops like from stock? I love the sounds of the headers just don't want to lose those beautifuls burbles when you let off at 4k and that pops and crackles.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tony_the_Brit

Tony_the_Brit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
With the Kooks headers do you still get the burbles, crackels, and pops like from stock? I love the sounds of the headers just don't want to lose those beautifuls burbles when you let off at 4k and that pops and crackles.
I'm not sure if you read all of the above but anyway..

When the exhaust is open it sounds amazing - with all of the sounds that you would want BUT when it is closed it DOES NOT sound great - it has a nasty rasp around 2,500rpm and none of the great sounds that the OEM exhaust has. Not only that but the exhaust is waaay too loud to want it open on the road so you have to be gentle on the throttle to prevent it from opening unexpectedly around town etc. And that is with 18" resonators added! Without them it is a completely open exhaust when the flaps open and the noise is insane.

My opinion is that this is NOT a mod I would recommend unless the car is pretty much a dedicated track car (as mine is) and runs only on tracks without noise limits.

I cannot comment on the sound of the Kooks system with the catted downpipes though.

samir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samir
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
I'm not sure if you read all of the above but anyway..

When the exhaust is open it sounds amazing - with all of the sounds that you would want BUT when it is closed it DOES NOT sound great - it has a nasty rasp around 2,500rpm and none of the great sounds that the OEM exhaust has. Not only that but the exhaust is waaay too loud to want it open on the road so you have to be gentle on the throttle to prevent it from opening unexpectedly around town etc. And that is with 18" resonators added! Without them it is a completely open exhaust when the flaps open and the noise is insane.

My opinion is that this is NOT a mod I would recommend unless the car is pretty much a dedicated track car (as mine is) and runs only on tracks without noise limits.

I cannot comment on the sound of the Kooks system with the catted downpipes though.
Yea my plan would be Kooks headers, and green catted x pipe, stock mufflers. Wasn't sure if anyone knew, didn't want to start a new thread asking.
Sponsored