Sponsored

Video: Installing Dual-Color Front Turn & Sidemarker LEDs! BIG front-end upgrade!

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
So i noticed one of the bulbs sitting on the bottom of the lense. Thought nothing of it. And the next day it wasnt working and behold... Lol. Casing came apart and a wore came off. Hoping i can send this in and get another one.
I sure hope this switchback was from the original batch and not from the later batch that was re-cased!
Sponsored

stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Yupp. Recased one

stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I sent the originals back when i received these

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
So i noticed one of the bulbs sitting on the bottom of the lense. Thought nothing of it. And the next day it wasnt working and behold... Lol. Casing came apart and a wore came off. Hoping i can send this in and get another one.

Yeah, I noticed both of mine were out again as well as the side markers last weekend.

Mine were still the original ones that were not rebased. Before the rebased ones were available I had issues only with the driver side, so I actually glued the unit into the socket, and that's why I had not swapped the replacement units yet.

I ordered a new set of side markers and they came today, so I took the opportunity to replace the turn signals too. The driver side turn signal looked okay, but wasn't working anymore, the passenger side that I didn't have to mess with was laying in the housing and looked like this:

I am going to send back these turn signals now, but as nice as the DD team is, I think that these will be the last ones I install. If they fail or fall out again I'm just going back to my OEM bulbs that I stashed in my roll away. :(

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
Yeah, I noticed both of mine were out again as well as the side markers last weekend.

Mine were still the original ones that were not rebased. Before the rebased ones were available I had issues only with the driver side, so I actually glued the unit into the socket, and that's why I had not swapped the replacement units yet.

I ordered a new set of side markers and they came today, so I took the opportunity to replace the turn signals too. The driver side turn signal looked okay, but wasn't working anymore, the passenger side that I didn't have to mess with was laying in the housing and looked like this:

I am going to send back these turn signals now, but as nice as the DD team is, I think that these will be the last ones I install. If they fail or fall out again I'm just going back to my OEM bulbs that I stashed in my roll away. :(
Wow... Seems the switchbacks just aren't ready yet and being made off shore, may never be. I've been waiting for the inline resistor kit before installing mine, but after seeing these and no ETA on the resistor kit, I think the OEM's will stay put. It's a shame, since the white up front really looked good. I think the guys at DD really need to use their test vehicle as a daily driver and see how the switchbacks hold up to the constant road vibration.

Sponsored

imaginager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DHG 2019 Bullitt K3013
This is a little concerning. I ride bikes and check all lights / function before each ride. But, have never been in the habit of doing that with a daily driver.

Based on these recent posts I pulled both of my Switchbacks today. Then I put a bead of silicone around the alloy / plastic join near the base. This area doesn't make contact with anything when installed. Perhaps this will extend the life of these parts. I still have the OEM bulbs, so it's an easy swap to go back.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost

This is not a common issue and definitely something we will replace for you. I apologize for the inconvenience, but our customer support team will get you taken care of.

Please give us a call: (314) 205-3033

I can't stress enough how much time and effort has gone into the development of these bulbs specifically for the 2015+ Mustang. They are the only LED available that will fit a 7444, and every single bulb is tested by hand before being sent out.

Nick C.

stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Do i need to send this back in?

stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
You won't need to send it back in to receive a replacement. We will ship a replacement to you

Nick C.
Want me to send you all my info? I think I'm done with white in the front. By chance can i get just some orange LEDs??

Sponsored
OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Want me to send you all my info? I think I'm done with white in the front. By chance can i get just some orange LEDs??
Give us a call and we can get you taken care of: (314) 205-3033

We can swap em out for amber if you prefer

Thanks,
Nick C.

MagneticGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
How much longer is it going to be before the inline resister packs are available to purchase for the 2015 Mustang? I haven't heard anything else about these lately. :confused:

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
How much longer is it going to be before the inline resister packs are available to purchase for the 2015 Mustang? I haven't heard anything else about these lately. :confused:
Nor have I, and I continue to wait, while DD builds and sells replacement Fog light housings and LED's. IMHO, DD should have finished the outstanding project of the Switchback in-line Resistor kits before moving on to a new project for S550.

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A

Posted by Mustang6G Member: @rio16

Nick C.

Hey, how did all of those S550 owners get the switchbacks to stay in place? Reading recent posts, i gathered they were still falling out of the sockets...
Sponsored