Squid678
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2020 Explorer ST, 2018 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
5000-10,000 price delta to a GT350 buys a lot of track school I should think.
5k - 10k price delta= voodoo + GT 350 Track Attack is a justifiable price bargin.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
A few seconds more footage here..........first at 2m 59 s, then again at 10m 43s :like:

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
Why does Ford ship cars to europe for testing when the u.s has plenty of tracks?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Why does Ford ship cars to europe for testing when the u.s has plenty of tracks?
have you seen USA tracks? They are embarrassing. Though in this case the track time is cheap, it's a handling circuit like no other, and there are lots of photogs guaranteed to be hanging out (free press).

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
The Mustangs are a lot more capable but the FiST is a fun car, there's no doubt. You can get a great track day for a few hundred dollars locally. Yeah it isn't the FP School, but you will love it.
Oh yeah, the FiST is a great car. I’ve even considered one as a daily!

Don’t worry, I go to plenty of track days. It would just be great to get a completely free 3-day track event where I get to beat on someone else’s car lol
716EC002-FD42-48D3-9C47-1BB69FCB5B28.jpeg

5000-10,000 price delta to a GT350 buys a lot of track school I should think.
It’s not a matter of being able to afford it, it’s solely the fact that I’m spending $50k+ on a Mustang that was made in conjunction with Ford Performance and clearly has road course intentions, but somehow still doesn’t qualify for the perks of buying a Ford Performance vehicle

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
There's a chance they may tune the suspension to "European" tastes.......at least for the European sales.

It will already have been tested in the US.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Oh yeah, the FiST is a great car. I’ve even considered one as a daily!

Don’t worry, I go to plenty of track days. It would just be great to get a completely free 3-day track event where I get to beat on someone else’s car lol
716EC002-FD42-48D3-9C47-1BB69FCB5B28.jpeg

It’s not a matter of being able to afford it, it’s solely the fact that I’m spending $50k+ on a Mustang that was made in conjunction with Ford Performance and clearly has road course intentions, but somehow still doesn’t qualify for the perks of buying a Ford Performance vehicle
I realize you already know this, but I still think it's worth saying. Nothing's free. Part of the premium price on FP vehicles like the GT350 and FiST is that track day. Frankly, I really wish Ford would have "ponied up" for an e-diff in the Fiesta ST. It's a pretty cheaply built car. IMO that's the main performance item it's missing from the factory. And I would take a few thousand off the price rather than a track day in a FiST. Mine was used anyway, I didn't want to pay the extra for a new car when I could get a better warranty in a CPO vehicle with really low miles and save a bunch of money. It seems like very few people are interested in the FiST around here. I absolutely love mine.

Sponsored

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX, 2014 Honda VFR800F
Couldn't agree more with the above comments. Just seeing the car on the 'Ring proves that they are taking the Mach 1 seriously. It may "just" be a collection of parts from various Mustangs, but this is really shaping up to be the greatest hits version IMHO.

I can't wait until we start getting the real details on this thing...price, options, etc.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Just seeing the car on the 'Ring proves that they are taking the Mach 1 seriously.
so when the VW Beetle makes a couple laps around the 'ring does that mean it's a performance vehicle? Any schmuck can drive on the 'Ring. Just saying.

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
Do we have the weight figures on the Mach 1? With all the additional cooling and wider wheel tire combo, it may turn out to be the most heavy NA mustang gt to date.
Sponsored