Sponsored

Vicrez GT500 Hood for 2018+ Mustang! (journal)

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I got a tracking number today on my order
Hopefully it will show up next week
Are you kidding me? LOLOLOL

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
No I am not...
What day did you order? If you don't mind sharing the order # with me via a PM? I'd like to have a little chit-chat with them about telling me the product was back-ordered vs. you ordering within the last 24 hours and getting yours shipped LOL

Sponsored

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT. A10 auto
I ordered mine yesterday & there website said they are in stock that’s why I ordered it

Reactions: MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I ordered mine yesterday & there website said they are in stock that’s why I ordered it
I finally got the shipping notification for mine. I ordered on the 4th and they are shipping it tomorrow so sometime next week or the week after I'll be going to the bodyshop to discuss paint match and options.

What shape did yours arrive in? Good? Damaged? Also; is your air vent gloss black or just show up as matte plastic black?

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Nice! packaging is excellent, mine arrived in perfect condition. It had two tiny high spots, probably unnoticeable but myself and my painter are very picky. Other than that it was perfect. The vent comes just as blk abs plastic. I myself gave it a light scuff, rounded the sharp edges of the vents for paint to stick better and also drilled weep holes in the front two vents so they dont hold any water just like the gt500 factory vent. I had mine painted gloss blk. Does have a few minor dust particles due to the static of the plastic when painting. I also recommend not using the hardware provided, just basic silver Phillips head screws and nuts. I installed mine with allen head bolts and anodized washers I got from amazon. Then the vent, (before paint) opened up the holes for rivet nuts to slide through. Just the three spots on each side where the rain tray goes and not the rear two as I dont use those. Once painted, I installed the six rivet nuts for easy off/on of the rain tray. OCD.... But doing all that was perfect. I keep the rain tray in the trunk for when I wash the car or if by chance I get caught in rain for the first time. I believe I posted pics somewhere in the thread. I will have to look, if not I will. Rivet nut tool was a kit I got at harbor freight and came with rivet nuts that worked. Once your hood is painted and fitted, on the hood catch, remove one nut at a time and apply some blue threadlocker along with the rear nuts one at a time to be safe. Hood has zero flex at high speeds and really doesnt need real hood pins. Even though I would rather have the real ones. I did not use the supplied double sided tape for the fake pins as its kinda thick and raises then higher than I cared for. I found some double sided tape that was about half the thickness and applied strips to them and cut excess with a razor blade before installing. They are angled so be sure to get the right angle before sticking them on. Thats if you use them. If anyone doesnt use theirs, I would love to have an extra if I happen to lose one. LOL

Bolts to install ven are M6 and was 12mm and needed a few longer ones for certain spots.
Aluminum washers are M6 cone aluminum alloy washers from amazon.
Thumb screws will depend on your rivet nuts. Got mine from ebay and like 1/2 round to clear sides.

03D9FA00-B298-4850-91AF-14F2B9571013.jpeg

7F6CE32D-2140-41C3-B169-950DCE2203E7.jpeg

EF254D50-F173-4FE6-9527-D5F224E1A45F.jpeg

7FF2223B-4E14-488D-860A-8E02A9951FFD.jpeg

AFB14508-91F7-4CC7-882C-D03EF03ADD30.jpeg

Last edited:

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Nice! packaging is excellent, mine arrived in perfect condition. It had two tiny high spots, probably unnoticeable but myself and my painter are very picky. Other than that it was perfect. The vent comes just as blk abs plastic. I myself gave it a light scuff, rounded the sharp edges of the vents for paint to stick better and also drilled weep holes in the front two vents so they dont hold any water just like the gt500 factory vent. I had mine painted gloss blk. Does have a few minor dust particles due to the static of the plastic when painting. I also recommend not using the hardware provided, just basic silver Phillips head screws and nuts. I installed mine with allen head bolts and anodized washers I got from amazon. Then the vent, (before paint) opened up the holes for rivet nuts to slide through. Just the three spots on each side where the rain tray goes and not the rear two as I dont use those. Once painted, I installed the six rivet nuts for easy off/on of the rain tray. OCD.... But doing all that was perfect. I keep the rain tray in the trunk for when I wash the car or if by chance I get caught in rain for the first time. I believe I posted pics somewhere in the thread. I will have to look, if not I will. Rivet nut tool was a kit I got at harbor freight and came with rivet nuts that worked. Once your hood is painted and fitted, on the hood catch, remove one nut at a time and apply some blue threadlocker along with the rear nuts one at a time to be safe. Hood has zero flex at high speeds and really doesnt need real hood pins. Even though I would rather have the real ones. I did not use the supplied double sided tape for the fake pins as its kinda thick and raises then higher than I cared for. I found some double sided tape that was about half the thickness and applied strips to them and cut excess with a razor blade before installing. They are angled so be sure to get the right angle before sticking them on. Thats if you use them. If anyone doesnt use theirs, I would love to have an extra if I happen to lose one. LOL

AFB14508-91F7-4CC7-882C-D03EF03ADD30.jpeg
Beautiful. This Wall of Text will be cut and pasted to my bodyshop since they are doing it all for me. Including having the vent painted gloss black as the GT500 spoiler will also be gloss black so it'll give some continuity!

Anyone ever take it through a touchless car wash? The girlfriend wants to know if I'm going to spend another 1k on a pressure washer, foam cannon blah blah blah.

Cheers!

Last edited:

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, As for washing. I either spray and wipe or just run up and use a wash bay. Or if washing at home, two bucket method and just a basic foam cannon that attaches to a hose for me. My car is ceramic coated so cleans easily. I cant use the drive through touch less as I am too worried about them damaging the wheels.

Sponsored

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Yeah mine was ceramic coated last august however I use the touchless wash right now. My wheels are Steeda Trident's in satin black so they can withstand little water pressure in the touchless wash.

The hood will be ceramic coated once it's done as well and I may have them redo the front end of the car. Seems not as hydrophobic as when I first had it shipped from the dealership so will get an aftermarket shop to do it.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, I thought you meant a touchless automatic carwash. I highly recommend the new CQuarts SIC ceramic. Its super slick and does not require reload like the CQuarts euro. Its slicker than reload.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Sorry, I thought you meant a touchless automatic carwash.
That is what I meant. Drive-in, put it in park, let the water do the rest. No flapping cloth or spinning wheels. Everything is done by water and pressure. Does a pretty good job.

I highly recommend the new CQuarts SIC ceramic. Its super slick and does not require reload like the CQuarts euro. Its slicker than reload.
I'll check that out. I'm guessing the Ford Dealership out in Alberta gave me whatever they could find close by and it wasn't the bestest.

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT. A10 auto
My Hood came in today and it looks great there is one very small mark on the upper left side I will get some better pictures tomorrow this is going look good when it’s on the car

F8B13FEE-1967-4455-ACE0-94D33641EF0B.jpeg

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Ps. That box n packaging is perfect for storing the stock one as well.
Sponsored