Sponsored

Vicrez GT500 Hood for 2018+ Mustang! (journal)

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
I just visited the shop where my hood is. They have had it for over 2 months now!! He said he was having issues with another project and he should be ready by next week. 😒
Arent they all... Never thought it would be this difficult to get a hood painted. Never used to be. Oh well, I am in no hurry now as my car is now put away.
Sponsored

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
I just visited the shop where my hood is. They have had it for over 2 months now!! He said he was having issues with another project and he should be ready by next week. 😒
Looking forward to seeing your photos when completed and hear how it all worked out. It really seems like a great hood.

I ordered the GT500 style hood from Vicrez and it arrived with structural damage apparently from an ambitious forklift operator based on package markings.

The interesting part is that I refused shipment and Vicrez tried multiple times to make me agree to ship it back from Florida to California on my dime, and then they'd send me a replacement. I was persistent it was not my fault the hood got damaged so it was not right for me to pay, regardless of how vague the Terms and Conditions are. But in the end, mistakes happen and FedEx made it right.

I loved the hood construction (what I saw of the undamaged areas that is). My lingering question has been, "If the replacement hood got damaged in shipment as well, how would Vicrez handle that?"

Regardless, I'm happy for those who received this hood without damage. It is a cool product design, and it was relatively lightweight, being aluminum. I was impressed from that aspect.

Anyway, I'm pondering my next move now, as I did find another supplier of this part. I'll let you know how it works out, if I follow through with that option.

OP
OP
waltematech

waltematech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Looking forward to seeing your photos when completed and hear how it all worked out. It really seems like a great hood.

I ordered the GT500 style hood from Vicrez and it arrived with structural damage apparently from an ambitious forklift operator based on package markings.

The interesting part is that I refused shipment and Vicrez tried multiple times to make me agree to ship it back from Florida to California on my dime, and then they'd send me a replacement. I was persistent it was not my fault the hood got damaged so it was not right for me to pay, regardless of how vague the Terms and Conditions are. But in the end, mistakes happen and FedEx made it right.

I loved the hood construction (what I saw of the undamaged areas that is). My lingering question has been, "If the replacement hood got damaged in shipment as well, how would Vicrez handle that?"

Regardless, I'm happy for those who received this hood without damage. It is a cool product design, and it was relatively lightweight, being aluminum. I was impressed from that aspect.

Anyway, I'm pondering my next move now, as I did find another supplier of this part. I'll let you know how it works out, if I follow through with that option.
Well, I think the IKON hood is the same as the Vicrez, but when I tried to order through IKON, they kept telling me the hood was unavailable and on backorder

OP
OP
waltematech

waltematech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all,

I am still waiting on the shop to paint my hood, which is incredibly frustrating. However, in the mean time, via my efforts of compulsively searching the internet, I came across a 2020 Kona Blue Mustang Ecoboost (that is being advertised as a legit GT500) for sale in Almeria, Spain.

It looks like this 2020 Ecoboost has the Vicrez/IKON hood installed, so I wanted to post them up as part of the catalog of photos of this hood for anyone who is curious about it. Also, extra points for it being Kona Blue, so I can get an even better idea of what my car might look like once the hood is installed. AGAIN: THIS IS NOT MY CAR... but with any luck, it will wind up looking very similar to this (until I put the white stripes on)

ENJOY!

index.jpg

index2.jpg

index4.jpg

index5.jpg

index6.jpg

index7.jpg

index8.jpg

index9.jpg

index10.jpg

OP
OP
waltematech

waltematech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
And a few more from the same site! This is the first time I've seen someone put stripes on this hood. They're definitely further apart than I would want.. but it still looks DAMN GOOD!

index.jpg

index2.jpg

index3.jpg

index4.jpg

index5.jpg

index6.jpg

Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
gotta admit. Not a fan of a 5.0 with Shelby badging.. Hood looks great.. 5.0 logo and Shelby emblems? WTF.

And yeah, I know about the Supersnake.

Sponsored
OP
OP
waltematech

waltematech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Hi,
What side rockers are those ? link plz
Hmm, not sure. I ran a search for siderockers the other day to see if I could find the ones that are in the photos of the grey and orange ones with the stripes above, and I believe I saw these too. Let me see if I can find them again real quick.

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 2014, ROUSH II 2018
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
waltematech

waltematech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I am thinking about getting stickers for the sides of the headlights that will kinda emulate the look of the GT500 on the 777 GT500 front bumper. I'm going to ask them to do a vinyl sticker under the headlights, and provide them with a template to follow.

gxo2kh9c copy.jpg

gxo2kh9c copy3.jpg
Sponsored