Sponsored

Vicrez GT 500 hood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
I was wonderering if anyone has installed the Vicrez GT500 hood w/air vent scoop on their Shelby GT350 and if so did you have to remove the the strut tower or any modification needed.
Sponsored

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I was wonderering if anyone has installed the Vicrez GT500 hood w/air vent scoop on their Shelby GT350 and if so did you have to remove the the strut tower or any modification needed.
Are you sure they offer one that fits the GT350?

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
No it only says Ford Mustang 2015-2017 . But was wondering if someone made it fit ?
It's not a matter of making it "fit" it just doesn't line up properly with the GT350 (if it's properly made to fit the GT). Will it work? Yes, will it look exactly how it's supposed to look with gaps and contours, most likely no. There's a few threads scattered throughout the web on guys that tried to go either direction (GT hood on a 350 or 350 hood on a GT).

When I was kicking this idea around, unfortunately Cervini's is the only quality (and I say that word cringingly) manufacturer to offer a GT500 style hood specifically for the GT350. Problem with their's is that it's heavy AF (and of course any of the usual complaints about their workmanship). An Aluminum hood meant for the 350 would be awesome, but there's just not big enough numbers for a lot of manufacturers to spend the R/D and production costs to do it.

Why Ford insisted on changing things other than the interior of the hood contours and components is beyond anyone.

You could just get the GT500 style louver and have your hood modified, but then you don't get exactly the same look (and no one offers a rain tray besides Ford OEM and Cervinis). I saw some cheap Ebay Chinese crap made for the GT350 but looking at reviews, it flexes and deforms with very little force.

Honestly it's either Cervini's or GT4/Trackspec style louver inserts. Disappointing for sure.

OP
OP
Henry Calderon
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
It's not a matter of making it "fit" it just doesn't line up properly with the GT350 (if it's properly made to fit the GT). Will it work? Yes, will it look exactly how it's supposed to look with gaps and contours, most likely no. There's a few threads scattered throughout the web on guys that tried to go either direction (GT hood on a 350 or 350 hood on a GT).

When I was kicking this idea around, unfortunately Cervini's is the only quality (and I say that word cringingly) manufacturer to offer a GT500 style hood specifically for the GT350. Problem with their's is that it's heavy AF (and of course any of the usual complaints about their workmanship). An Aluminum hood meant for the 350 would be awesome, but there's just not big enough numbers for a lot of manufacturers to spend the R/D and production costs to do it.

Why Ford insisted on changing things other than the interior of the hood contours and components is beyond anyone.

You could just get the GT500 style louver and have your hood modified, but then you don't get exactly the same look (and no one offers a rain tray besides Ford OEM and Cervinis). I saw some cheap Ebay Chinese crap made for the GT350 but looking at reviews, it flexes and deforms with very little force.

Honestly it's either Cervini's or GT4/Trackspec style louver inserts. Disappointing for sure.
I have seen Cervini's but I don't like how it matches up with the front bumper.Don't like the front hump. But thanks for your input.

Sponsored

Anderson Composites

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.andersoncomposites.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2021 Ford Broncos (2 and 4-door)

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1

Sponsored

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1

Anderson Composites

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
We offer a GT500 hood with removable vent specifically for the GT350/350R models. Our hood does clear the strut bar in engine compartment and it also comes with a rain tray.
2015 - 2020 MUSTANG SHELBY GT350 TYPE-GT5 DOUBLE SIDED CARBON FIBER HO | Anderson Composites

AC-HD15FDMU350-GT5-DS_01.jpg
Hey there, I see that it says that a heat shield is required and it brings me over to this page. Do you have any pictures of the heat shield installed on the hood? Also, do you know where it goes if you don't have pictures?

Anderson Composites

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Hey there, I see that it says that a heat shield is required and it brings me over to this page. Do you have any pictures of the heat shield installed on the hood? Also, do you know where it goes if you don't have pictures?
The heat shield material has self-adhesive backing on one side. You cut the material with good pair of scissors and roll it down onto the backside of the hood. The link for the adhesive is here.
Heat Shield - ThermoTec Aluminized Heat Barrier Adhesive Back | Anderson Composites

The images on the web page are for reference. Most owners apply the heat shield in the flat, wider areas in between the structure bracing etc. And also in areas where there may be more heat, i.e. turbo, headers etc. Here is image of back side of this hood.
AC-HD15FDMU350-GT5-DS_10.jpg
Sponsored