Sponsored

Vibration due to MRR GT350 rims

NothernVAMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT white
I have a 2017 GT automatic with MRR GT350 wheels. I've been having a vibration issue over 70mph. The dealer put back the stock wheels back on and there is no vibration. They balanced the wheels and did road forced balance and they are saying the tires are good the problem is the rims. Can you guys help me. I don't know what to do
Sponsored

08StangGT_CS

Fight The Urge to Boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Race Red No Options
I have a 2017 GT automatic with MRR GT350 wheels. I've been having a vibration issue over 70mph. The dealer put back the stock wheels back on and there is no vibration. They balanced the wheels and did road forced balance and they are saying the tires are good the problem is the rims. Can you guys help me. I don't know what to do
First and easiest option in my opinion would be go to another shop. I once had a "balance" done twice at one shop and the car was still shaking. Took it somewhere else and smooth as glass after that.

OP
OP

NothernVAMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT white
I called the dealer about radial read out they said the machine doesn't give them that

Sponsored

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
the last time i had this problem they had to finally take the tire off the rim to look inside and they found out there was a belt separation in the tire... thankfully continental replaced it under their warranty as a defect.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey

Sponsored

Wheel_Guy

Wheel_Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Convert 401A PP1
Are the wheels hub-centric to the car or do they require a hub ring to make them hub-centric? If they require a ring and it is missing that can give you issues with vibration.

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
Are the wheels hub-centric to the car or do they require a hub ring to make them hub-centric? If they require a ring and it is missing that can give you issues with vibration.
The MRR350s are hubcentic, no ring required

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Sounds like it's the tire meng. You should have all of them taken off the wheel and inspected separately.

S550MG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550
Take it to a reputable tire shop that has a newer Hunter road force balancer. They should be able to tell you where the problem is. If they can’t, then they don’t know how to use their equipment.

If the assembly balances out ok but you still feel vibration there’s only a couple things it can be. First and most likely is a tire out of round or a stiff spot in the sidewall. Next would be a wheel out of round. Even if a wheel looks round it could be a few thousandths off and give you vibration issues.
Sponsored