Sponsored

Vibrant 12" res. on Magnaflow Street Catback?

richmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Race Red 5.0 Premium
Hey guys, so I recently decided to go with a straight-throw pipe my exhaust guy put on in place of the muffler on a Magnaflow Street Catback setup. The car also has Pypes catted longtubes and it is LOUD. So after doing some research, I'm interested in installing a pair of the Vibrant 1142 "3 inch Ultra Quiet resonators.

Question is will a 12" resonator still fit past the x-pipe before the first bend in the pipe? If not, is there a way to add it to the system still? Will cutting into the x-pipe add unwanted flow/noise? Really would like to quiet down the tone and rasp but want to keep all the other main components where they are.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Is it loud or just boomy (loud inside)? The street is by far one of the quietest catbacks available but is incredibly deep.

OP
OP
richmo

richmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's both, but remember I switched out the mufflers for a straight through exhaust pipe and it made all the difference. I'd like to keep that setup (aka the tone) but want it down just a notch or two in volume and drone, and seems like the Vibrants do such.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'd look at Vibrant 1794 or 1795, with 1795 being a little quieter because it's a couple inches longer.

Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
It's both, but remember I switched out the mufflers for a straight through exhaust pipe and it made all the difference. I'd like to keep that setup (aka the tone) but want it down just a notch or two in volume and drone, and seems like the Vibrants do such.
I don't think the ultra quiets will work in that space as they are oval shaped.

The bottle style should work but keep in mind they only have 1/2" on sound deadening on each side of the pipe so they are pretty limited.

Have you considered putting something where the muffler used to live?

The ultra quiets should fit there. I am actually replacing my MBRP mufflers with these:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49230&highlight=12229

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
I added resonators to my old h pipe setup & the only solution that actually made me happy was putting on the MagnaFlow Tru X assembly. IDK if you want to go that route. You can just get the muffler(MF 12468) and have some extra piping added, be about the same cost as adding 2 vibrant resonators into the existing X.

OP
OP
richmo

richmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't think the ultra quiets will work in that space as they are oval shaped.

The bottle style should work but keep in mind they only have 1/2" on sound deadening on each side of the pipe so they are pretty limited.

Have you considered putting something where the muffler used to live?

The ultra quiets should fit there. I am actually replacing my MBRP mufflers with these:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49230&highlight=12229
Yeah I thought about that. Just not sure if I put them where the mufflers were if it would 1. lose too much volume and 2. lose the character of the tone itself, which I like (minus the rasp).

I added resonators to my old h pipe setup & the only solution that actually made me happy was putting on the MagnaFlow Tru X assembly. IDK if you want to go that route. You can just get the muffler(MF 12468) and have some extra piping added, be about the same cost as adding 2 vibrant resonators into the existing X.

I looked into that but they don't make a system that fits 3" exhaust and don't want to mess around with fitting adapters to it.

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
Hi Richmo, what is the volume you are going for? Our Street catback comes with mufflers that were specifically designed and tuned to get the best sound and performance from its application. If you were looking for a quieter sound, we would recommend reinstalling them on the exhaust. Another option for something in between the Street catback and full straight-pipe volume would be our Competition catback (still loud with long tubes in our opinion). You may be able to find someone here on the forum looking to trade.

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hi Richmo, what is the volume you are going for? Our Street catback comes with mufflers that were specifically designed and tuned to get the best sound and performance from its application. If you were looking for a quieter sound, we would recommend reinstalling them on the exhaust. Another option for something in between the Street catback and full straight-pipe volume would be our Competition catback (still loud with long tubes in our opinion). You may be able to find someone here on the forum looking to trade.
When are you guys going to off the tru x muffler in 3"?

Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I run catted headers into a Magnaflow street cat back. I also have some resonators in there.
Volume is perfect, no drone.
Previously I had the competition mufflers and it was WAY too loud. Drone was also an issue.
Just be careful is all I’m saying.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
We offer 3" inlets now in the 5x8 and 5x11" sizes! :thumbsup:

[MENTION=13048]MagnaFlow[/MENTION] I cant find 3 inch resonated tru-x can you share link?
Sponsored