Sponsored

Via Ford: Mustang color popularity chart. What color 6th gen are you ordering?

• Thread starter MustangMarine
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Oxford White or Dark Side

Sponsored

tacamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 AC Cobra replica (Unique Motorcars)
Dark green (highland or brg) with a saddle tan interior.

HGFireHazard

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I get your point, but I have been seeing a color close to it on focuses and flexs recently, I don't know the name of the color though. Would look good on a stang imo

Edit: it is Mediterranean Blue. It's darker and more green but it looks pretty cool. I'm just a sucker for teals and stuff like the mystichrome. Here is a 93 teal cobra, oh what I would do to have one lol
I don't know why but this gave me a terrible flashback to the color that looks very close to that which came on the Olds Achieva.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
I don't know why but this gave me a terrible flashback to the color that looks very close to that which came on the Olds Achieva.
I don't know what that color is, but teal 93 cobras are one of my favorite mustangs of all time. First svt cobra, only came in red black and teal. A 68 gt500 tied with a 13-14 gt500 would be second. I dont know, every mustang site I've ever been on loves the teal 93s. Maybe it's because we have a good mix of potential first time mustang owners in here. Either way glad everyone is digging the 15!

Edit: this opinion isn't unfounded (though still an opinion), I've owned 3 mustangs, two of which I modified myself (98 GT vortec supercharged, 01 cobra gears, exhaust, intake, more to come), a 92 Thunderbird super coupe, a 1970 bronco sport 302 (still have both), and a few f150s. Just can't believe I'm the only one here that wants a teal mustang! Or Mediterranean blue!

SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Single Turbo GenII Coyote Swapped '92 SSP
I get your point, but I have been seeing a color close to it on focuses and flexs recently, I don't know the name of the color though. Would look good on a stang imo

Edit: it is Mediterranean Blue. It's darker and more green but it looks pretty cool. I'm just a sucker for teals and stuff like the mystichrome. Here is a 93 teal cobra, oh what I would do to have one lol
Actually, it is not Mediterranean Blue. It is "Teal Metallic", and the color code is "RD". Mediterranean Blue is a newer color.

I agree it is a fantastic color -- not sure if it would fit S550 though. I think it should stay unique to the 1993 Cobra. It keeps it more unique that way.

Sponsored

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually, it is not Mediterranean Blue. It is "Teal Metallic", and the color code is "RD". Mediterranean Blue is a newer color.

I agree it is a fantastic color -- not sure if it would fit S550 though. I think it should stay unique to the 1993 Cobra. It keeps it more unique that way.
Right, I was saying that was the color I was seeing on the new focus and flex. I really like it. You may be right about it not going on a s550 well. Glad to see someone knows what I'm talking about! Either way I'm done with my throwback rant!

SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Single Turbo GenII Coyote Swapped '92 SSP
Right, I was saying that was the color I was seeing on the new focus and flex. I really like it. You may be right about it not going on a s550 well. Glad to see someone knows what I'm talking about! Either way I'm done with my throwback rant!
Ah, I see. Mediterranean Blue is a good color too. I would definitely like to see a "teal" shade of some sort on S550. The only blues we have had for years are purple tinted -- and that got old really fast.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah, I see. Mediterranean Blue is a good color too. I would definitely like to see a "teal" shade of some sort on S550. The only blues we have had for years are purple tinted -- and that got old really fast.
Amen bro

Beastie

Threads
Reaction score
ind-distributions-presents-frozen-black-bmw-e92-m3-photo-gallery_10.jpg

ind-distributions-presents-frozen-black-bmw-e92-m3-photo-gallery-medium_8.jpg

"Frozen black"

*Drooool*

I dont care how hard that is to clean that is just sexy. A Mustang with that kind of paint is a wet dream of mine.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Vickstang

^^^ wow that looks great. Even if the 2015 doesn't come in a factory matte color it's easy enough to get a car vinyl wrapped in matte black (or any other color).

sgt d

Threads
Reaction score
always loved competition orange and offering a soft green like that of the flex and explorer would be nice, never really cared for the dhg. also I think the mineral gray on the 03 cobra was amazing, which I would consider that in the brown family. the grabber blue is amazing however at this point I believe has made it's run. all in all ford should take this opportunity to shake up the color wheel and instead of renaming old paint codes they should actually play with the shades some..... just my .02

like another member mentioned classy sporty colors like BMW. a lot will also be dictated by the body lines I believe.

I loved this color and believe or not it came from the honda crv. was going to stay in the ford family and was convinced by my brother to step outside, my favorite build off all time.

not a huge fan of silver but this one was seal grey and when she was washed damn it looked so nice...

331coupe

Threads
Reaction score
I definitely won't own another black car, they look the best but way to hard to keep clean. I would like to see a bright orange lie what came on the 03-04 cobra. 93 cobra teal would be pretty damn sweet I think.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
No Grabber Blue

pulled from 2014 Late Orders

Attachments

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)