Brandon91

Brandon91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Yep. That was me. All one needs to do is pull the blower pulley(crank pulley) off and you should be able to fish out the piece of broken bolt If that is indeed what the problem is. I would also like to encourage the op to look into the crank support. It’s well worth it inmo
I’ll have too try and get to it next week and check. Or maybe tomorrow if I’m lucky.
Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I know a crankshaft support is insurance but do you really need it. I have a ati 20% od balancer and so far so good. Can’t say that it will not break anything but no problems yet

OP
OP
Brandon91

Brandon91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Anyone know a part number for a ARP crank bolt for the stage 2?
I ordered the standard one from Procharger since they’re a one time use and it will be pulled back out in 2 months when I do opg/cs

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Anyone know a part number for a ARP crank bolt for the stage 2?
I ordered the standard one from Procharger since they’re a one time use and it will be pulled back out in 2 months when I do opg/cs
look into the kinetic crank saver stud.

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
OP
OP
Brandon91

Brandon91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Update! Two of the bolts broke off and a third was on its way out. Also a good bit of oil on the crank bolt. Front main seal maybe? Im ordering a ATI balancer, innovator Procharger pulley and a kinetic crank shaft saver stud.
1625328742960.jpeg

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
I recently heard this horrific noise from my engine bay. I removed the belt to the Procharger so I could try and pin point it.
It sounded like the ac compressor so I removed the belt to the compressor but the noise is still present. It doesn’t matter if the ac is on or off.

Has anyone heard this before?

https://youtube.com/shorts/FzljaL8r5B4?feature=share
Get a Stethoscope and you will locate the noise easily, check AC Clutch, Belt Idler Pullies, Valve covers from one end to the other, the side of the block, the crank snout area, they are easy to use. I used them all of the time when I was running race engines. Now I use them anytime I Hear a noise I think might be a concern. Good Luck

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Get a Stethoscope and you will locate the noise easily, check AC Clutch, Belt Idler Pullies, Valve covers from one end to the other, the side of the block, the crank snout area, they are easy to use. I used them all of the time when I was running race engines. Now I use them anytime I Hear a noise I think might be a concern. Good Luck
look at the post above yours..

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Glad you didn’t tear half the motor trying to find that, OP. Annoying but should be an easy fix. Glad we could be of some assistance

OP
OP
Brandon91

Brandon91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Glad you didn’t tear half the motor trying to find that, OP. Annoying but should be an easy fix. Glad we could be of some assistance
I really appreciate it. I’m just going to let it sit until I do my opg’s. Hopefully with in the next month or so.

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Update! Two of the bolts broke off and a third was on its way out. Also a good bit of oil on the crank bolt. Front main seal maybe? Im ordering a ATI balancer, innovator Procharger pulley and a kinetic crank shaft saver stud.
1625328742960.jpeg
I had a feeling. Glad you found it