Sponsored

Vertical links --> BMR vs STEEEDA?!? Delrin vs Poly........

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Hey guys,

What's a better vertical link, BMR vs STEEDA? BUSHINGS --> Delrin bushings vs Polyurethane?? I currently have the steeda vertical links w Delrin bushings on my car now, pretty happy with them. But also got a pair of BMR's w poly bushings sitting in my garage. Whats the difference??

Thanks Anthony
Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I only have the BMRs so no experienec with Steeda's. But if you have both, why not swap them & find out so we know too. Only takes about :30

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I only have the BMRs so no experienec with Steeda's. But if you have both, why not swap them & find out so we know too. Only takes about :30
Thanks for reply. I may do that, gotta see.... I wonder what the bushing material differences are?
Thanks Anthony

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang

Tom@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
They both make some quality setups for these cars and really you can’t go wrong with either direction. I’ve run BMR and my friends with Steeda and there are no issues and some people actually mix and match. The difference between the bushings, for both, is the noise they’ll make or added noise rather due to how rigid the bushings are. The delfin are a harder compound and will translate in more road noise over the poly ones.

Sponsored

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
They both make some quality setups for these cars and really you can’t go wrong with either direction. I’ve run BMR and my friends with Steeda and there are no issues and some people actually mix and match. The difference between the bushings, for both, is the noise they’ll make or added noise rather due to how rigid the bushings are. The delfin are a harder compound and will translate in more road noise over the poly ones.
Hey Tom,
thanks for reply.... I love the fact bmr has greaseable fittings. Steeda doesnt
Anthony

Last edited:
OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Go with the poly
Hey Blue,
I currently have steeda delrins links on my car now. Never had a problem, but I dug out the BMRs last night when looking for my GT350R bar and found these. I may swap them in.. I love the fact they have greaseable fittings on bmrs
Thanks Anthony

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
‘22 5.0 GT/‘16 F150 XLT/‘21 Explorer Platinum
Can’t speak to BMR only Steeda. Great quality, a slight bitch to install, delrin is stiff and unforgiving and after the included lube/grease wears off you will notice a slight “pop” sound as the suspension complies at low speed. It’s an artifact of independent rears, had it on my C5 Corvette back in the day. Not enough to worry about but thought I’d mention.
The benefit outweighs the negative. NO wheel hop even with M/T Street SS and clutch dumps. Just hooks and hooks and hooks…

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Hey guys,

What's a better vertical link, BMR vs STEEDA? BUSHINGS --> Delrin bushings vs Polyurethane?? I currently have the steeda vertical links w Delrin bushings on my car now, pretty happy with them. But also got a pair of BMR's w poly bushings sitting in my garage. Whats the difference??

I had BMR verticals, Toe Rods and Camber links, I replaced them with AAD. They popped quite often while driving, cornering etc. Zero issue with my new parts. Good luck Thanks Anthony

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I fitted J&M sphericals and noticed no difference in NVH (that part is isolated from the car by the rest of the suspension ?).

I found them very easy to swap out and posted my thoughts here :

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/my-tips-for-fitting-vertical-links.189187/

I’m still very interested to know why some bushes are recommended for certain applications over others - my logic tells me that easy movement / rotation, whilst keeping everything perfectly aligned is the best scenario for all applications ?

WD :like:

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I fitted J&M sphericals and noticed no difference in NVH (that part is isolated from the car by the rest of the suspension ?).

I found them very easy to swap out and posted my thoughts here :

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/my-tips-for-fitting-vertical-links.189187/

I’m still very interested to know why some bushes are recommended for certain applications over others - my logic tells me that easy movement / rotation, whilst keeping everything perfectly aligned is the best scenario for all applications ?

WD :like:
the only reason I didn’t spherical my car is because New England winters are brutal and I expect poly/Delrin solutions to survive longer in that environment.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Can’t speak to BMR only Steeda. Great quality, a slight bitch to install, delrin is stiff and unforgiving and after the included lube/grease wears off you will notice a slight “pop” sound as the suspension complies at low speed. It’s an artifact of independent rears, had it on my C5 Corvette back in the day. Not enough to worry about but thought I’d mention.
The benefit outweighs the negative. NO wheel hop even with M/T Street SS and clutch dumps. Just hooks and hooks and hooks…
thanks Ron!!! appreciate your reply!
Anthony

Deadly0ne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I'm curious as to why BMR went with a spherical bearing instead of the standard one like Steeda and other competitors. Any thoughts?

Bossdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Here is the difference I can see. The BMR have Spherical bearings and Derlin bearings in their Aluminum link. if you want Poly, the BMR link goes to welded steel.
The Steeda V-links have Derlin and Poly. Derlin for straight line racing and Poly for street and Road course racing. I don't see a Spherical bearing offering from Steeda.
I was very pleased to read the Steeda write-up on these and that their road course race car tried Derlin and there was not enough bushing compliance and got squirrely under hard braking. So I'm going with the Steeda Poly bushing for my street and road course activities.
Sponsored