Sponsored

"Venom Kills Demons" - Jim Owens (Ford Performance Marketing Manager)

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I know there are Corvette’s running low 10’s however I was talking about the 11 flat or high 10’s that they usually do bone stock.
Also, the Z06 is around 500lb lighter.
Yeah, love me some Z06 cars. A LOT! lol
Like 10.32, some a little higher, in the quarter, bone stock, minus DR's.
But,...we're talking about the new GT500 here. I'm sure the GT500 will be in the 10's with DR's as well.
Can you believe we live in a time where you can go order a Demon and it runs 9's at the track?!?! Crazy stuff man.
Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
all the more reason to wait for a mid engine vette with 650+HP and 3400lbs;)
LOL
I heard it's going to cost a pretty penny though Jim. Would be a killer car though.
What are your thoughts on the new ZR1?

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
LOL
I heard it's going to cost a pretty penny though Jim. Would be a killer car though.
What are your thoughts on the new ZR1?
Tony, visit the V forums, they say starting at high 60s low 70s. probably up to 90k for the base model. DOHC NA around 5xx HP, but that's good for 3400lb area. should be very well balanced and all will come with DCT in which an insider states ordered 30,000 units. I bet it's a grand slam for GM, and it seems like they think it will be too by blanket ordering that many DCTs.
the C7 was never my cup of tea. just didn't like the look so much and when the z06 got the limp stigma it was the nail in the coffin. ZR1 shouldn't have the limp issues and should be a good car for those who like the design.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Tony, visit the V forums, they say starting at high 60s low 70s. probably up to 90k for the base model. DOHC NA around 5xx HP, but that's good for 3400lb area. should be very well balanced and all will come with DCT in which an insider states ordered 30,000 units. I bet it's a grand slam for GM, and it seems like they think it will be too by blanket ordering that many DCTs.
the C7 was never my cup of tea. just didn't like the look so much and when the z06 got the limp stigma it was the nail in the coffin. ZR1 shouldn't have the limp issues and should be a good car for those who like the design.
Wow, that's going to be pretty killer then. I haven't really kept up with the mid engine Corvette news. Good to know.
On the Z06 cars, I think they fixed the heat/limp mode issue after the 2016 model, I think it was. At least that is what I read on the Corvette forum and on a review of the up and coming ZR1.
I was like you at first with the C7 and it's looks. I didn't like it much at all. Now, I am in love. lol

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Wow, that's going to be pretty killer then. I haven't really kept up with the mid engine Corvette news. Good to know.
On the Z06 cars, I think they fixed the heat/limp mode issue after the 2016 model, I think it was. At least that is what I read on the Corvette forum and on a review of the up and coming ZR1.
I was like you at first with the C7 and it's looks. I didn't like it much at all. Now, I am in love. lol
yeah, I have come to like them more than when I first did, especially in certain colors. I think they speak more to others than me tho. no disrespect intended. we all have different tastes. I'm willing to wait it out and see what this ME looks like. renderings look good.

Selo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Shelby GT500
I don't quite get it yet......even at 750 hp, with a base curb weight higher than the last model, it's going to be tough to build a car that's more fun to drive than the 13/14. With 3.55 gears, a short shifter, and a few suspension mods, my current car is a blast. I'm far from shutting the door on the new one, but if the new model is 80k with ADM, and it weighs over 4000 lbs, and my car is worth 40......numbers don't justify the new purchase.

Snakedriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The new GT500 in stock form will never be faster than a Demon. The Demon is a beast.

Sponsored

Farruko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red GT 2016
The new GT500 in stock form will never be faster than a Demon. The Demon is a beast.
Exactly, it will never be faster than the Demon but it doesn’t need to. I don’t understand this Jim’s nonsense.

Im pretty sure he meant Hellcat but he messed up.

A friend of mine's old company built tooling for CF driveshafts for Ford some time ago.
Nice to hear that someone backs up some of my info ;)

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Exactly, it will never be faster than the Demon but it doesn’t need to. I don’t understand this Jim’s nonsense.

Unless he was drunk or meds played a large role, he specifically said he sent a note to his PR guy and it said, Venom kills demons.
In the scheme of things, it doesn’t really matter. The car will come the way it comes regardless of the comments made by Jim, but I’m sure there will be some backlash if - venom doesn’t kill demons.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra

If you understand the difference between a hellcat and a demon, then you can be sure he does.

He knew he what he was doing. He said it before. Then purposely repeated it.

As far as what the parameters are... we will know soon enough. There is more than one way to skin a cat -or demon for that matter.
Sponsored