Sponsored

"Venom Kills Demons" - Jim Owens (Ford Performance Marketing Manager)

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
No, you'd better adding the exact amount of controlled torque to give superior launch to what you could achieve from a combustion engine.
I see what your saying. So that seems like it would be much better with an NA or turbo car as opposed to SC. An SC engine just makes so much power/torque down low it doesn’t seem like it would matter, it’d just blow the tires off. I do like the idea though.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The Demon switches off some cylinders on launch to pull power. There are lots of strategies available such as changing cam and ignition timing as well. Obviously in a throttle by wire setup such as all cars now have even the throttle can be closed as needed - only opening fully when the power is really needed. I can see where an electric motor might be able to react more quickly to changes in traction than a gasoline engine, though.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
The Demon switches off some cylinders on launch to pull power. There are lots of strategies available such as changing cam and ignition timing as well. Obviously in a throttle by wire setup such as all cars now have even the throttle can be closed as needed - only opening fully when the power is really needed. I can see where an electric motor might be able to react more quickly to changes in traction than a gasoline engine, though.
Yes sir, all kinds of options to limit torque. Just bring 800+ and we can use our right foot to do most of the work.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Got tired of the wait and pulled the trigger on an 18 GT I plan on supercharging -premium/auto/premium/magneride/active exhaust/Recaro for about $46K with rebates.

If I was so inclined I could have had a "beefcake special"
base/manual car with 700 hp for less and used the extra on adjustable shocks/driveshafts/half shaft and other suspension/drive line upgrades . Lol

I guess starting off with the car I got it would be more like $52 kwith the supercharger. That would still be a deal compared to the anticipated $70-80 K for the GT 500 ,considering it will come with a warranty.

I have not decided between the stage 1 whipple or 2.6 TVS but will definitely be taking advantage of the free install deal on either one with Beefcake.

This is however the first mustang I have ever had that I think I could leave stock .The A10 and new engine combo is simply amazing .The build quality seems so much better from the Audi like thud of the doors to the amazing magnaride .The stock exhaust is perfect in my opinion .
I can only imagine how fast the car is going to be with the supercharger(or the GT 500 with the A10) .I would really like to keep it as OEM like as possible so leaning towards the Whipple because of its OEM like appearance but I also miss the low end grunt of the TVS I had in my 12 .

Definitely want to avoid building another "race car " like my other 2 15 GT's . I would be happy with a low 10 second car that feels as good as it does to drive now stock .
The Hellion/Auto car is not too bad but I would certainly not want to ever daily drive the KB car due to NVH- solid motor mounts /Tremec /drag brakes/ corbeau race seats /rear seat delete/ steeda stop the hop /Viking shocks that rattle .

I know it won't be a GT 500 but it should keep me plenty entertained until Ford decides to release the damn car .If it turns out it's priced out of my comfort zone or it's not quite the beast we are all anticipating at least I won't have wasted my time waiting .
Lol

Sponsored

loubif

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
2016 SG FoRS, Forged, Moonroof
Got tired of the wait and pulled the trigger on an 18 GT I plan on supercharging -premium/auto/premium/magneride/active exhaust/Recaro for about $46K with rebates.

If I was so inclined I could have had a "beefcake special"
base/manual car with 700 hp for less and used the extra on adjustable shocks/driveshafts/half shaft and other suspension/drive line upgrades . Lol

I guess starting off with the car I got it would be more like $52 kwith the supercharger. That would still be a deal compared to the anticipated $70-80 K for the GT 500 ,considering it will come with a warranty.

I have not decided between the stage 1 whipple or 2.6 TVS but will definitely be taking advantage of the free install deal on either one with Beefcake.

This is however the first mustang I have ever had that I think I could leave stock .The A10 and new engine combo is simply amazing .The build quality seems so much better from the Audi like thud of the doors to the amazing magnaride .The stock exhaust is perfect in my opinion .
I can only imagine how fast the car is going to be with the supercharger(or the GT 500 with the A10) .I would really like to keep it as OEM like as possible so leaning towards the Whipple because of its OEM like appearance but I also miss the low end grunt of the TVS I had in my 12 .

Definitely want to avoid building another "race car " like my other 2 15 GT's . I would be happy with a low 10 second car that feels as good as it does to drive now stock .
The Hellion/Auto car is not too bad but I would certainly not want to ever daily drive the KB car due to NVH- solid motor mounts /Tremec /drag brakes/ corbeau race seats /rear seat delete/ steeda stop the hop /Viking shocks that rattle .

I know it won't be a GT 500 but it should keep me plenty entertained until Ford decides to release the damn car .If it turns out it's priced out of my comfort zone or it's not quite the beast we are all anticipating at least I won't have wasted my time waiting .
Lol
I really like your decision, I think a 2018 GT A10 /w either SC option would be INSANE!!! I have been waiting for the the infamous "Lebanon Ford" supercharged option but so far just the Hellion kit is available :shrug:

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I really like your decision, I think a 2018 GT A10 /w either SC option would be INSANE!!! I have been waiting for the the infamous "Lebanon Ford" supercharged option but so far just the Hellion kit is available :shrug:
Beefcake is offering the same deal now at his dealership.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98398

The guy responsible for that program now works with him.

2nazty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500 & 2008 GT/CS Shelby clone
Yes I agree with you. Over 800 is a must.
Definitly a must, 850Hp sounds about right and would instantly make Dodge's lame offerings a has been, nothing would give me greater pleasure than laughing at my former collegues at FCA after all their bragging and smack talking,

They seem to forget Ford has been doing supercharged muscle cars since 2003 (what was Chryslers hot offering then or even before 2015?) this go around and if you want to really nit pick, the first one in 1955 with the supercharged T-bird with a paxton (McCollough) blower on a 312 Y block V8, this is an area Ford needs to capture the crown again in, not let the laughing stock of the automotive world FCA wear

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Definitly a must, 850Hp sounds about right and would instantly make Dodge's lame offerings a has been, nothing would give me greater pleasure than laughing at my former collegues at FCA after all their bragging and smack talking,

They seem to forget Ford has been doing supercharged muscle cars since 2003 (what was Chryslers hot offering then or even before 2015?) this go around and if you want to really nit pick, the first one in 1955 with the supercharged T-bird with a paxton (McCollough) blower on a 312 Y block V8, this is an area Ford needs to capture the crown again in, not let the laughing stock of the automotive world FCA wear
Your point is well taken but the "F" Birds did not come out until the 1957MY with the 1955 Birds only having a NA 292 CI engine.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sponsored

2nazty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500 & 2008 GT/CS Shelby clone
Your point is well taken but the "F" Birds did not come out until the 1957MY with the 1955 Birds only having a NA 292 CI engine.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Sorry my bad I thought it was 55 LOL I was close anyways :D

and what was Dodge's hot offering in 1957 ?? I'd like nothing better than to relegate "Mopar Performance" to what it was in the 80's, a bunch of lame turbo 4 cyl derivitives of the K car LOL

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Sorry my bad I thought it was 55 LOL I was close anyways :D

and what was Dodge's hot offering in 1957 ?? I'd like nothing better than to relegate "Mopar Performance" to what it was in the 80's, a bunch of lame turbo 4 cyl derivitives of the K car LOL
Actually Mopars were pretty hot back in 1957/58 with the dual quad 392 Hemi's putting out 375 HP and a very limited 392 Hemi with FI ('58) and came with 390 HP.

As you can tell I am an old guy who grew up with some of these Letter Cars.

:cheers:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I hope it's about 800HP.
The supercharged 2018 GT's are up in there in power. Gotta have more than a supercharged GT, right?!?!? :shrug: :headbonk:

Last edited:

SVTSNAKE351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
Actually Mopars were pretty hot back in 1957/58 with the dual quad 392 Hemi's putting out 375 HP and a very limited 392 Hemi with FI ('58) and came with 390 HP.

As you can tell I am an old guy who grew up with some of these Letter Cars.

:cheers:
whats up,since you say you grew up in those times of the older cars,who do think was king back then?i myself say FORD was.neither dodge or chevy could compete with the following.
1.FORD GT 40
2.SHELBY DAYTONA
3.THE DRAGON SNAKE
4.427 COBRA:ford::cheers:
Sponsored