Sponsored

"Venom Kills Demons" - Jim Owens (Ford Performance Marketing Manager)

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Yes but they may be saying that it's a "better over all car" than the Demon.
Well in my mind the Scat Pack and my GT are better overall cars than the Demon because I have little interest in a car that goes fast only in a straight line.
Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
It's a gutsy statement..hopefully they walk the walk with it..because if they don't..this is gonna come back and bite them again, and again, and again.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
The guys that actually set the targets for the GT500 don't care about the Demon. It only does one (performance) thing well. It's more, "Good on Dodge for going and doing it, it takes some balls. We have other and bigger things in mind"
Sounds good to me!! I’d love to see a GT500/R that is every bit the performer (or more) as my current Z06. I’m definitely excited for the DCT.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
except nobody is taking a Demon on a road course lol. Demon is a drag strip car, full stop. The Hellcats are getting trickle down parts from the Demon so they will be making closer to 800 in 19, with the widebody and dynamics package don't be surprised if the Hellcat puts up a fight. At the end of the day the GT500 will be impressive, but at what cost? You think ADM's are bad on the GT350R.......:paddle:
If dodge is planning on making a “Power Upgrade” for the Hellcat they better make an even more powerful Demon, since I don’t see SRT letting the Hellcat and Demon overlap in power.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
The guys that actually set the targets for the GT500 don't care about the Demon. It only does one (performance) thing well. It's more, "Good on Dodge for going and doing it, it takes some balls. We have other and bigger things in mind"
Only thing I’d point out is they certainly aren’t going for “bigger things”... or are they forgetting the Demon set the fastest 1/4 time in the world? In the WORLD. Will the GT500 have the fastest track times in the world? Not a chance by a Looooong shot. So while it may be more enthusiast minded and a more enjoyable driving car, certainly not “bigger” in terms of importance to the car world or significance. Give credit where it’s due!

Sponsored

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Neo, I enjoy your videos very much keep it up. My take on the Venom kills Demons comment is relevance. They may not be talking drags slicks on a prepped track, race gas, do it your self crate stuff. Maybe it is just more through technology and innovation of the muscle car itself. If the car has world class speed, world class handling, high end fit/finish build quality and still be a street able DD that would make the Demon look silly. I'm hoping for a more technologically advanced modern muscle car. Weight reduction, carbon fiber, DCT, magnetic suspension ect... Fast as hell and killin the curves. Will make the Demon look like a dinosaur. Speed is only speed if it is usable. I have yet to see a single Demon owner post a 2.1 sec 0-60 time because it is a unicorn #!!! Aint going to happen under real day to day conditions on the street!! The Demon is an impressive machine but a lot of the numbers are smoke and mirrors and most owners will never achieve them.

Blue 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Only thing I’d point out is they certainly aren’t going for “bigger things”... or are they forgetting the Demon set the fastest 1/4 time in the world? In the WORLD. Will the GT500 have the fastest track times in the world? Not a chance by a Looooong shot. So while it may be more enthusiast minded and a more enjoyable driving car, certainly not “bigger” in terms of importance to the car world or significance. Give credit where it’s due!
Funny things is that nobody that has bought the car has been able to hit those numbers again.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Funny things is that nobody that has bought the car has been able to hit those numbers again.
Oh you’re right there no doubt. Thing is that run was under near perfect conditions, and who knows how many attempts it took. But, it’s certified as having done that time. Our cars can do a low 12 1/4, but a lot of drivers can’t even manage that, doesn’t make our cars any less capable! My point being the Demon still achieved that record breaking time, and is far more significant to the drag racing world than the new 500 will ever be in terms of top tier track cars.

Blue 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Oh you’re right there no doubt. Thing is that run was under near perfect conditions, and who knows how many attempts it took. But, it’s certified as having done that time. Our cars can do a low 12 1/4, but a lot of drivers can’t even manage that, doesn’t make our cars any less capable! My point being the Demon still achieved that record breaking time, and is far more significant to the drag racing world than the new 500 will ever be in terms of top tier track cars.
ya it was a glory run like most vendors do to claim the greatest HP gains, but like you said they had to have hit it at least that one time.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'd say being able to be truly great at many things is better than being the best at one (very limited) thing, at least in the car world. It certainly means a more desirable car by more people.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Neo, I enjoy your videos very much keep it up. My take on the Venom kills Demons comment is relevance. They may not be talking drags slicks on a prepped track, race gas, do it your self crate stuff. Maybe it is just more through technology and innovation of the muscle car itself. If the car has world class speed, world class handling, high end fit/finish build quality and still be a street able DD that would make the Demon look silly. I'm hoping for a more technologically advanced modern muscle car. Weight reduction, carbon fiber, DCT, magnetic suspension ect... Fast as hell and killin the curves. Will make the Demon look like a dinosaur. Speed is only speed if it is usable. I have yet to see a single Demon owner post a 2.1 sec 0-60 time because it is a unicorn #!!! Aint going to happen under real day to day conditions on the street!! The Demon is an impressive machine but a lot of the numbers are smoke and mirrors and most owners will never achieve them.
Nailed it.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly

I swear to god I thought I was still on Camaro6 for a second hearing BlaqHole talk about the ZL1 against the GT.

The Hellcat, and Demon by extension, appeal to the classic American muscle car experience. A street bruiser that is a pure American thrill ride in the 1/4 mile.

They never pretended it was a corner carver, or a technological wonder..just a 1/4 mile killer..and now because they let Jim Owens say what he said..if it *doesn't* kill the Demon in the 1/4 mile (yes, with it's equipment like the drag wheels and transbrake/etc)..it'll come off as "wow wasn't that a neat thing to say? Too bad Ford talked a big game and failed".

People can dance around it talking about being a better all around car, or a balanced car, or etc..the fact is that Ford has thrown down the gauntlet against the Demon for 1/4 mile cred, and now THEY have to make good on it.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
the demons run was kinda like the 2013/14 GT500, when it broke the 200mph barrier...
maybe Jim was talking speed over in which the demon runs... 170mph hahaha. just kiddin.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
"The Hellcat, and Demon by extension, appeal to the classic American muscle car experience. A street bruiser that is a pure American thrill ride in the 1/4 mile"

Is that why they just released a wide body option with wider performance tires all the way around? How does that help in be faster in the 1/4 mile? They are trying to make the Hellcat handle it just aint happening!
Sponsored