Velossa Tech Big Mouth Install

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know a good shop in Jacksonville that can install 2 Velossa Tech Big Mouths? I used Hurricane Performance for my headers but this one is easier. Just need to remove bumper, cut some of the plastic trim from grill then install. I am nervous about taking bumper off myself. I also would pay a member to do it.

Thanks,

Kevin
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
This is definitely a good one for a DIY.

It's really just a lot of fasteners, no special tools, you don't need a lift, and I'd trust myself for body/aesthetic related things over a [non-body] shop.

The main "gotcha" is the side, top tabs - videos say to tug, I think a butter knife in the slot to release the clips would be better and you might avoid what me and several other folks have done, and that's break a tab (I managed to get mine perfectly re-attached, right position, angle, etc., with Goop).

The grill cuts are super easy with a Dremel/cutting disk, once the bumper is off, the cut line is super obvious (there's a texture change, cut at that line, it's right on).

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
This is definitely a good one for a DIY.

The main "gotcha" is the side, top tabs - videos say to tug
After having had my bumper on and off more times than I care to remember, another tip is to just spray the tab area with some wd40 before pulling on them. It helps them pop out a little easier.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
After having had my bumper on and off more times than I care to remember, another tip is to just spray the tab area with some wd40 before pulling on them. It helps them pop out a little easier.
Good tip. I actually lubed mine for the re-install (since I had already broken and repaired a tab ...), went in much easier.

I'm going remove mine again in the near future to do something different with the grill (it's correctly totally cut out - see photos thread), so I'll give it a little shot of lube/WD40 in advance.

I also looked into those fairly cheap panel fasteners, I think they look pretty neat, and it appears they install right in a factory spot (the only major mod is punching a hole in the bumper itself).

:cheers:

OP
OP
gameovergt

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks everyone. I will try to do it myself. Tips are appreciated.

Sponsored

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
I is easy. A small ratchet wrench makes it easy to get the bolt in the wheel well. Once all bolts are removed, grab the back corner of the bumper and it will slide of the bracket. Come on down and I will help you. Then we can put my h pipe on.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Here's a pretty decent removal DIY from LMR:

[ame]

FWIW, I just used hand tools, a small ratchet plus a ratchet-driver comes in handy (lots of low torque, long screws.

You know, I did remove the large panel underneath, but I think you could probably just remove the front fasteners (where it connects to the lip) and leave it mostly in place.

One thing to take note of, is how panels overlap - it's mostly obvious, but I did have a moment where I wasn't sure which section went on top (this will make sense as you work on it).

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
I have mastered the bumper removal. I will have it off in no time!:lol:
Oh yeah. The lower splash sheild can stay on.
BC431C58-4322-473F-8D5C-B7648F468E76.jpeg

OP
OP
gameovergt

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have mastered the bumper removal. I will have it off in no time!:lol:
Oh yeah. The lower splash sheild can stay on.
You don't have to remove the lower splash shield?

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
Don’t have to. But you only have 4 bolts left to get it out of the way. Still have to remove all the front bolts that attach to lower air dam.

Sponsored
OP
OP
gameovergt

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I is easy. A small ratchet wrench makes it easy to get the bolt in the wheel well. Once all bolts are removed, grab the back corner of the bumper and it will slide of the bracket. Come on down and I will help you. Then we can put my h pipe on. ��
If you were closer, lol. :clap2:

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Nice! and it's highlighted in Grabber Blue (albiet somewhat faded).

CVCashmere

It doesn't look like anyone in your area has offered to help you out. Since it's really cold in our area and really nice in Jacksonville, my wife and I may be able to help you out. This job could easily take 4 - 6 weeks to complete so we will need an area close to the job site with full hook-ups for our RV. :cool:
Sponsored