Results are only viewable after voting.

sebrhos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastian
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Quest
I have my heart set on one of these colors. Problem is I love both colors equally and cannot decide which one to get.

What do you guys think about either of these colors? My favorite color is blue but I think the Mustang looks so badass in magnetic.

If it helps, I’m getting a Coupe with the Performance Package.

What do you guys recommend?

Pros and cons for who cares to read:
Blue hides scratches better and doesn’t heat up as much as the dark grey since I live in warm, sunny California. Also, blue better compliments the oceanside area where I live imo. But it shows dirt more easily and is not as easy a resale for when the time comes.

Grey hides dirtiness better. Magnetic also seems like the most sold/desirable color of 2019 Mustangs so an easy resale if needed. However, it shows scratches and swirls more easily and is more susceptible to peeling and attracts and traps heat more in a place like California, where I live.
Sponsored

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
I had a velocity blue all picked out. A little more than I wanted to spend though. Wasn't a big fan of the MM. Found a Magnetic with a red interior and couldn't pass it up. In some pics of VB, it looks a little washed out to me. I do love both colors though. Either way, you'll be happy.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
If you want carbon fiber down the road, I'd say Magnetic. Otherwise, I'm in favor of the blues on the Mustang.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
It's a win-win so go with your heart, not your head. Forget resale, dirt and heat. At the end of the day what makes you smile more. My choice would be Velocity Blue. I tried to get one but couldn't find exactly what I wanted. So now I have Oxford White and love it. Oh, and by the way, it doesn't show dirt, stays cool and has good resale value. Go figure.

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, 2016 Corvette C7 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
I'm obviously bias, but Magnetic Metal is pretty stellar. I also have a Z06 in gray (Shark Gray), but I think MM looks way better (much more depth and beautiful flake). Also, MM is perfect for a monochromatic contrast, if that's the road you want to head down like I did. I'm actually looking at trading this car in and purchasing a new GT350 in performance blue just to change it up, but part of me still wants to buy one in MM.
Here are a few pics for the monochromatic contrast theme:
IMG_5801.jpg
IMG_6386.jpg
IMG_6510.jpg

Also, why would you need a car to "compliment" the area you are in?? No offense, but that seems like a pretty dumb reason to choose a color, unless you're a serious artist that's planning on painting your car all the time with the ocean backdrop.

Last edited:
Reactions: lew

Sponsored

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I say magnetic

OP
OP

sebrhos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastian
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Quest
I'm obviously bias, but Magnetic Metal is pretty stellar. I also have a Z06 in gray (Shark Gray), but I think MM looks way better (much more depth and beautiful flake). Also, MM is perfect for a monochromatic contrast, if that's the road you want to head down like I did. I'm actually looking at trading this car in and purchasing a new GT350 in performance blue just to change it up, but part of me still wants to buy one in MM.
Here are a few pics for the monochromatic contrast theme:
IMG_5801.jpg
IMG_6386.jpg
IMG_6510.jpg

Also, why would you need a car to "compliment" the area you are in?? No offense, but that seems like a pretty dumb reason to choose a color, unless you're a serious artist that's planning on painting your car all the time with the ocean backdrop.
I understand what you mean. But what I’m meaning by going with the area I’m in is it would go with the beach vibe. If I lived in the city I would for sure go for a Magnetic. Hope I’m making sense.

And I’m glad to hear the feedback from you guys, thank you

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost NFG
When you take the highway, look at all those white, black and grey cars. When you see a nice color, your eyes look at it like it's a sunshine in a bunch of fade tone colors.

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
I voted Velocity Blue, I may be a little biased. Magnetic is nice, but everyone seems to have that color. That and my ex wife has a 2016 GT in Magnetic and I'm not fond of her either. LOL.

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
You live by the Pacific Ocean and that's blue, plus it doesn't get that hot near the coast, so definitely Magnetic.

Sponsored

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
I disagree on scratches and imperfections. Blue shows more than MM.

You really cant go wrong between these 2 beautiful colors, unless you choose MM and leave the chrome grill pony.

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Was there a particular mustang that you saw that caused your interest in buying one? For me it was a Magnetic GT 350 - I coveted that car for months. I bought a Magnetic GT and absolutely love it. It reminds me of the old 80s Champagne color that was popular on 944s. Magnetic is a lot like that color but better - it is also very close to Black - another favorite color.

Buy the one you like best.

OP
OP

sebrhos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastian
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Quest
So should I wait until Memorial Day (or another sales event like July 4/Labor Day/New Model Year Release/December/etc) to buy or lease a Mustang or should I just go for it now?

When do Ford and the dealers usually have the best rebates, incentives, and discounts?

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
You’ll never beat 0% which is the current offer......

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
You’ll never beat 0% which is the current offer......
When I bought mine there was a 0 percent financing however you lost out on the 2k credit from FORD so I financed it via my credit union Penfed for like 2.5 %. I paid it off completely in about 6 months and only ended up with about 200 in interest. So make sure you do not lose Ford money by jumping on the zero % offers as nothing is really free.

Anyone can join Penfed.
Sponsored