Results are only viewable after voting.

akitteh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaakko
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
I just got a VB so pretty biased, but I will say this: it positively glows in the bright California sun. There's a really subtle color shift effect that is not captured well on camera. It looks different (better!) live, than in any picture I've seen. Also looks great at dusk. I could swear there is some green in that mix. Definitely not a basic blue.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
These days there is so little color on the road. Velocity blue for sure.

OP
OP

sebrhos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastian
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Quest
I really am leaning towards Velocity Blue. Magnetic is my alternative.

Oh, seems like Magnetic is closing the gap! Blue should be -1 of what it is now btw :)

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
Nothing wrong with Magnetic and the ocean.
20180903_175320.jpg

Sponsored

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I'd hit the 2 largest volume dealers in your area near the end of any month. Tell each dealer that you are pricing cars between the 2 and you'll get a great deal.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Blue cars are the best. And they're a lot easier to find in a parking lot than yet another silver-gray car.

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
In a book on avoiding speeding tickets years ago, the author pointed out that grey and silver cars blend into the road and traffic better. Makes them less likely to stand out and be targeted.

Love blue but its a nice consolation prize for blending in.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
I swore I would never own a gray car until I saw a Mustang in Magnetic on a sunny day. The Magnetic Metallic paint is incredible when polished.
IMG_20161013_125043029_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

TrainToZone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Metallic GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I had to make the same decision. I went MagMetal but decided I still liked blue too so did this:
IMG_20190413_171201.jpg

Sponsored

1st Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I disagree on scratches and imperfections. Blue shows more than MM.
I have Magnetic, and I had it ceramic coated when new. I clean it with a water blaster on low pressure, then dry it with microfibre towels using virtually no downward pressure on the paint. I have found this process cleans the car beautifully yet I hardly touch the surface.

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
I have my heart set on one of these colors. Problem is I love both colors equally and cannot decide which one to get.

What do you guys think about either of these colors? My favorite color is blue but I think the Mustang looks so badass in magnetic.

If it helps, I’m getting a Coupe with the Performance Package.

What do you guys recommend?

Pros and cons for who cares to read:
Blue hides scratches better and doesn’t heat up as much as the dark grey since I live in warm, sunny California. Also, blue better compliments the oceanside area where I live imo. But it shows dirt more easily and is not as easy a resale for when the time comes.

Grey hides dirtiness better. Magnetic also seems like the most sold/desirable color of 2019 Mustangs so an easy resale if needed. However, it shows scratches and swirls more easily and is more susceptible to peeling and attracts and traps heat more in a place like California, where I live.

I'd go Velocity Blue. Yes, Magnetic looks very nice, but there's a lot of gray vehicles out there.

I've seen Velocity Blue in person, and it looks killer especially in the sunlight. It reminds me of the old Bright Atlantic Blue.

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
I have Magnetic, and I had it ceramic coated when new. I clean it with a water blaster on low pressure, then dry it with microfibre towels using virtually no downward pressure on the paint. I have found this process cleans the car beautifully yet I hardly touch the surface.
I use Optimum No Rinse with a sponge and at least 3 MF Towels, working bottom then top to bottom switching them out as they get dirty. Same results.

odspice14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GrabberOrange
I had the same dilema I loved how magnetic looked but my favorite color is orange. I decided on magnetic and after 4 years I think I would have rather gone with either competition orange or deep impact blue. Now I'm looking to order a twister orange 2020

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
Considering the colors, both look amazing. For me velocity is just a *bit* too light. But I'm sure id grow to love it. When my magnetic is clean, i really am impressed with the metallic flakes pop/sparkle. Nice without being too flashy.

I think it comes down to. Do you want your car to pop, and stand out? Or do you prefer to fly under the radar? Both cars will turn heads when noticed and clean. But that velocity is going to draw attention more easily i would think.

Edit. Magnetic isn't going to do you any favors as far as hiding dirt. Id think velocity would be just a bit better in that respect.
Sponsored