VELOCITY BLUE S550 MUSTANG Thread

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
What did they do about the chips before install?
I was in the same situation and PPFd my entire car. The stone chips actually disappeared when the PPF went on top, it was quite amazing actually.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I was in the same situation and PPFd my entire car. The stone chips actually disappeared when the PPF went on top, it was quite amazing actually.
I had painted VB stripes done, which entails sanding the panels getting striped (both bumpers, hood, trunk, roof), painting stripes and then re-clearing those panels. I missed fixing one VERY tiny chip on the hood first which is now permanently preserved beneath the clear. But it's not hard to see if you know where to look.

How does PPF make a chip invisible?

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
I had painted VB stripes done, which entails sanding the panels getting striped (both bumpers, hood, trunk, roof), painting stripes and then re-clearing those panels. I missed fixing one VERY tiny chip on the hood first which is now permanently preserved beneath the clear. But it's not hard to see if you know where to look.

How does PPF make a chip invisible?
No idea... when the film went over these small chips you couldn't see them anymore. Crazy!

PLAYTYM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - velocity blue

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
2021-11-26 14.33.15.jpg

Fortune Auto 510 coilovers up front with 250lb/in springs. They are too low by 1" which can be solved simply by adding about an inch of preload to the spring. And if need by then changing ride-height by adjusting shock length.

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
That looks awesome!!!! What are the specs of those wheels?
Fronts are Weld torq 18x6
Rears are RC Comp Exile-S 15x11 beadlock

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
What kind of caliper paint is this?
Don't know what's on that car but I bought my high temp epoxy Velocity Blue caliper paint from G2. They didn't offer it before and it took a lot of effort to get them to add it to their offerings because for some reason they would not sell any color that some supposedly independent company from G2 sold the color as regular paint. So, I had to first convince that company to add Velocity blue to their line of paints.

Last edited: