Sponsored

VELOCITY BLUE S550 MUSTANG Thread

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Velocity Blue was my first choice while in the process of buying a new car, but dealer games got old and Carmax had my Lime in mint condition. Had Ford not dropped it for 2022 I quite possibly would have ordered a new one with my normal Ford Guy. Sadly he had 1 GT in inventory and not what I wanted.
Sponsored

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Last edited:

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
Really like the colored stitching! Wished mine were orange. 🤪
i’m so happy i went with it. such a small detail but it’s so sexy. everyone compliments it!!

Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
i’m so happy i went with it. such a small detail but it’s so sexy. everyone compliments it!!
That is a nice touch. I have the red stitching everywhere but the dash pad on my GT/CS! Found out after my order was in the works that the red stitching on dash was only available with 401A package. I ordered the 400A because I wanted the analog look.
Still happy I got the analog gauges....even without red stitching.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Really like the colored stitching! Wished mine were orange. 🤪
@Gnatsum21

If you have white stitching (Ford calls silver in some literature), it's pretty easy to DIY.

My car came with red stitching and when Ford offered console covers and knee panels with red stitching in a newer model year, I wanted to add it. Couldn't find red stitch except for mucho dollars from a dealer but found NIB white stitch console and knee panels for cheap. Bought them, used a dye marker and it's a perfect match to the factory red.

If you do it, I suggest you get dye that does NOT specify heat to set. MOST do as they are made for clothing that will be ironed after application to set the dye. Those are okay but don't stand up as well to cleaning, even with plain water without heating after application. Why risk fading over time?

Pretty easy to do. Drag a dye pen for cloth over the stitches. Dye soaks into the cloth stitches but wipes off the surrounding "leather".

My dyed stitching panel (below original):

1637759503649.png

Of course not an option if you have the molded fake stitching from the factory.

Last edited:

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
@Gnatsum21

If you have white stitching (Ford calls silver in some literature), it's pretty easy to DIY.

My car came with red stitching and when Ford offered console covers and knee panels with red stitching in a newer model year, I wanted to add it. Couldn't find red stitch except for mucho dollars from a dealer but found NIB white stitch console and knee panels for cheap. Bought them, used a dye marker and it's a perfect match to the factory red.

If you do it, I suggest you get dye that does NOT specify heat to set. MOST do as they are made for clothing that will be ironed after application to set the dye. Those are okay but don't stand up as well to cleaning, even with plain water without heating after application. Why risk fading over time?

Pretty easy to do. Drag a dye pen for cloth over the stitches. Dye soaks into the cloth stitches but wipes off the surrounding "leather".

My dyed stitching panel (below original):

1637759503649.png

Of course not an option if you have the molded fake stitching from the factory.
NICEEE!!! Thank you! I will look into this!

Edit: Just ordered this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0085K5NUY?psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&ref_=chk_typ_imgToDp
:turkey:

Last edited:

dubs99gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
Hoping for some help, didnt know where to post. I am unfortunately looking at selling my beautiful mustang. I have a JLT oil separator passenger side installed, should I take that off and put stock piece back on before selling/trading it in and then try to sell for cheap somewhere? I would just rather help out another fellow person that is looking to put it on there car then just give it to a dealership?

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I would remove it and put the OEM hoses back on. You would be giving the JLT away for free if you sold the car because nobody will pay extra for it. If you take it off, you can at least sell it to somebody and get a bit of coin back. Sorry to hear you're selling your car.

Sponsored

dubs99gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
I would remove it and put the OEM hoses back on. You would be giving the JLT away for free if you sold the car because nobody will pay extra for it. If you take it off, you can at least sell it to somebody and get a bit of coin back. Sorry to hear you're selling your car.
Thanks for the info, where should I try to sell it at? never really sold car parts before

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Thanks for the info, where should I try to sell it at? never really sold car parts before
One way is to take a picture that includes a piece of paper with your M6G ID and the date. Then post in the classified forum and/or your regional forum here.

Or CL where you can meet a buyer somewhere public to exchange if you don't want hassle of shipping.

dubs99gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
Thanks for everyones help.

Any suggestions on where to post an exhaust system? I have full catback Borla S-type with active valve for my 2020 mustang gt that I will not need nor does the dealership care to have so looking to swap and make a great deal with someone that has factory exhaust wanting to swap.

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
Thanks for everyones help.

Any suggestions on where to post an exhaust system? I have full catback Borla S-type with active valve for my 2020 mustang gt that I will not need nor does the dealership care to have so looking to swap and make a great deal with someone that has factory exhaust wanting to swap.
Hmmmm, PM me and let me know what your wanting for it. I might be interested.
Sponsored