VELOCITY BLUE S550 MUSTANG Thread

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Different people, different tastes. But pretty much everyone driving a VB chose it over Kona and vice versa. I like VB much better. Unfortunately it didn't exist when I ordered my 2016, so I had to have VB stripes painted on it. :wink:
Maybe I worded that wrong...did anyone have trouble choosing between the two blues that ultimately went with VB? Obviously there's people out there that would never get a car in X color and not even consider it. I'm wanting to see if anyone was struggling to go between the two and why they went for VB.
Sponsored

Lawguy85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach 1 FJG
Did anyone choose this over Kona? I can safely say I definitely like Kona more but there is a well-equipped VB car nearby that's marked down enough to make me consider it over re-ordering my car. I've only seen it in person on a rainy day and it didn't really look anything spectacular (then again, on a rainy day Kona just looks black). Does it just look like a big glaring object in full sunlight?
Yes, long story short went for Orange Fury, was too much for me IRL. Dealer had base models in every color (what I got), wife and I both loved VB despite not being on my radar. Briefly considered Kona as a "safe" color (blends in with traffic, less conspicuous when speeding) but didn't love it. IMO how the refresh front end looks varies wildly based on colors, on some it flows well, on others looks like a derpy catfish. Flows incredibly well on VB.

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
:rockon:
IMG_20190728_121307_009.jpg

dnldwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2016 Escape SE
Vehicle Showcase
I am happy to count myself among the new owners of this awesome color.
I love how my ecoboost changes color depending on time of day or angle of the sun. It truly is a multi dimensional color.
20190805_151407.jpg

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Well, I may be joining you guys soon...I've got a deposit down on the VB car pictured, just trying to work out a diminished value settlement for mine. I still like Kona more, the flashiness of VB will take some adjusting, but it fits the Mustang well. The deal on the car is so good that I'd probably get it no matter what color (okay, maybe not orange...)
IMG-6674.JPG

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Our VB with white accents:

Great pic of our 2016 Mustang.jpg

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
Hey Kermitz, what rear spoiler is that? Did it bolt on using the same holes as the stock PP1, if your car wasn't spoiler delete? Not loving the PP1 spoiler.

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Kermitz, what rear spoiler is that? Did it bolt on using the same holes as the stock PP1, if your car wasn't spoiler delete? Not loving the PP1 spoiler.
It's a GT350 Track Pack Spoiler. It comes painted gloss black and uses the existing holes in the trunk. (Comes with a template for non drilled trunks). Bought it new online along with a heat gun and installed it myself. Sold my PP1 Spoiler on the forum here and still made a little profit.
20190303_123711.jpg

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Did anyone choose this over Kona? I can safely say I definitely like Kona more but there is a well-equipped VB car nearby that's marked down enough to make me consider it over re-ordering my car. I've only seen it in person on a rainy day and it didn't really look anything spectacular (then again, on a rainy day Kona just looks black). Does it just look like a big glaring object in full sunlight?
I had a KB 2011 GT - too high maintenance for me, plus the pearlescent colors are much easier to maintain (which includes my VB GT and my NB RS)

Sponsored

Rangore

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Picked up a VB with Black accent GT last week. Almost bought the Kona, but very happy I went with the VB.
8EB4AC77-980E-4E5D-B965-C3313A3DAA89.jpeg

Kyriakos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium Convertible Velocity Blue w/ Performance Package, Active V Performance Exhaust.
The looks and thumbs up I get driving this convertible are incredible and I have owned 3 supercharged Jags. The blue colour changes during sunrise, daytime and sundown.
58154734980__78C2FE72-92D2-4A7E-815F-D7948E7B73E3.JPG
IMG_5100.jpg