Sponsored

Vehicle VED tax

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Has none heard of bidets?! Or even showers!
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Has none heard of bidets?! Or even showers!
or socks.....

you can buy a pack of 12 for like a quid on the market and they're washable :) just ask anyone who works on the railway or road crews.

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
or socks.....

you can buy a pack of 12 for like a quid on the market and they're washable :) just ask anyone who works on the railway or road crews.
Or lives in Doncaster :giggle:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
After trying a few times with no luck, i ran in to waitrose mid morning yesterday - bare shelves in the toilet paper aisle, wait...one left! In the basket it goes, felt like i’d won something.
Mildly aware i could be mugged at any point, even in waitrose lol
The posh grannies were chasing you with their zimmerframes...almost the same as in the pensioners home, except this time for a differing reason!

Sponsored

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
i think its just media hype to get people reading like us. The first rate tax is what's added to the vehicles value so for mustangs is £2000, it wouldn't be £2000 per year there after, they'd have to bring back a standard rate like before so i bet mine will be £570 this year (pre April 17) they'd probably make the post April 17 mustangs the same rate going forward, you may even get a refund from your first year tax :crackup:

this is just me being optimistic for you post April 17 mustang owners :like:

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's just what the media should be doing - worrying people (owners of 17 plate Mustangs!) even more about expenditure/tax when a recession appears on the horizon!

wack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Shadow Edition Triple Yellow
Just a heads up today is SORN day for April , if you're not using any of your cars now is the time to save the VED , I've not bothere with the Gt because it's £145 PA but I have a van that's going nowhere at the moment so every little helps

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
i roll it out do a quick drift around the block and a small burnout to keep everyone awake/alive then put it back so i need to keep it taxed :)

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i roll it out do a quick drift around the block and a small burnout to keep everyone awake/alive then put it back so i need to keep it taxed :)
I'm sure under Coronavirus government guidelines that qualifies as essential travel

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Just paid my £260 it's now the family fancy grocery getter!

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
SORNed mine. Humeral fracture means I'm not driving it this month and wife isn't keen on it...though she did have to take it for its service and MOT.

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
SORNed mine. Humeral fracture means I'm not driving it this month and wife isn't keen on it...though she did have to take it for its service and MOT.
Looks like I will be working from home for the foreseeable, my employer wont be rushing me back to work so I imagine I will be at home for at least 3 months, to be honest 3 months refund is £114 so not really worth the hassle but who knows how long this will go on could be 6 months, £228 which is better than a kick in the teeth.

The question is my car was registered new December 2019 with tax due on 01/12/2020, is it a good idea to SORN it? What are the implications as I assume the first years tax is £2,135, how will they work out the refund? Looked at the site and it appears that its based on year 2 which is £455 meaning they keep the 'showroom tax part' ? When I come to tax it I assume I will just need to pay the £455 for the year, I wont get stung for a pro-rata 'showroom tax' again surely?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Lowrider Lincoln

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang - Shadow Edition, Triple Yellow '72 Lincoln - Lowrider '72 Gran Torino Sport '79 Firebird
Looks like I will be working from home for the foreseeable, my employer wont be rushing me back to work so I imagine I will be at home for at least 3 months, to be honest 3 months refund is £114 so not really worth the hassle but who knows how long this will go on could be 6 months, £228 which is better than a kick in the teeth.

The question is my car was registered new December 2019 with tax due on 01/12/2020, is it a good idea to SORN it? What are the implications as I assume the first years tax is £2,135, how will they work out the refund? Looked at the site and it appears that its based on year 2 which is £455 meaning they keep the 'showroom tax part' ? When I come to tax it I assume I will just need to pay the £455 for the year, I wont get stung for a pro-rata 'showroom tax' again surely?

Any advice would be appreciated.
When I bought mine it was only 6 month old. Pre registered ex demo car. The dealer untaxed before I then taxed it myself. I paid 12 months rfl, they could not claim back part of the 1st years rfl which would have been 2k plus. Seems unfair but that's how it is.
Sponsored