El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
Hello everyone! I'm having issues with my vehicle health report and I can't seem to find a solution. Back in March 2016 at 13K miles I updated the My Ford Touch with V3.8. Prior to doing the update I ran the vehicle health report and everything worked great. Now every time I've tried to run the report I get a message that vehicle needs to record at least 200 miles on odometer prior to running report. I took it in to the dealer and those guys had no clue on how to fix it. Car runs fine without any issues or warning lights. If you have had this happened, what was the solution? I'll try to update a picture of the message when I get home. Thanks! :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
My '16 won't do VHR at all (sync 3). Maybe the update fully did away with it on your sync 2?

OP
OP
El_Centenario

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
My '16 won't do VHR at all (sync 3). Maybe the update fully did away with it on your sync 2?
Maybe it did remove it, but why still have it come up as an option to run it? Hopefully a Ford representative can chime in.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
on sync 3 VHR comes with FordPass app in google playstore or appstore, not built in

OP
OP
El_Centenario

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
on sync 3 VHR comes with FordPass app in google playstore or appstore, not built in
I don't have sync 3, my car is a 2015, I believe its sync2 with My Ford Touch

Sponsored

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Chef jpd,

HizliBullet is leading you in the right direction. The VHR feature is not available on the SYNC 3 systems, but you can access Vehicle Health Alerts in the FordPass app.

I don't have sync 3, my car is a 2015, I believe its sync2 with My Ford Touch
El_Centenario,

Have you performed a master reset on the vehicle? If not, you can find the steps here: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...erform-a-master-reset.html?sync=my-ford-touch

Keep me posted!

Cara

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
What is the real purpose of the VHR then if it's not in SYNC3 and only available in the app?

Personally, I think the Ford Pass app SUCKS - and take that right up the line to whomever developed it and show them my response.

I mean, when I click on my vehicle Service History reports, they say NOTHING about what was actually performed for the work orders. It's all generic info for every service event. Why would I have to reference back on my PAPER copies or have to rely on calling my Dealer for such info, when it should be made available in the Ford Pass as a pdf copy of each work order? Too simple to think of??

Why do I want to see how much gas is in the vehicle using the app?? 1) It's a distraction while driving to fumble through an app (you KNOW people are doing that), hasn't anyone at Ford been taught Driver Safety and not to use devices while driving and 2) that info is easily visible on the FUEL GAUGE. I mean, what's the point?

The App Link catalog is absolutely worthless, I mean worthless as in one is better off going back in time to the 1880's and staring at Victrola. There's NOTHING useful about the Ford App Link catalog... I mean, do any of you at Ford even look to see what you're putting out there for a Customers? It's nothing at all...

Why is it that the "Warranty Terms" only shows the standard 3/36, but many of us have other or additional Warranty Terms loaded to our VINs? Again, another worthless feature - if the designer is going to put such criteria, then MAKE IT USEFUL AND ACCURATE.

Maybe the Ford Pass Design Team is a bunch of newbie interns who are getting little bonus perks for coming up with such grand ideas.... that don't function at all.

Redesign the App, make it useful, make it contain actual detailed information that owners WANT to see and CAN USE.

Here's a new Tab to add to the app:
"Color of sky"
Result within app after user clicks: Colors may vary depending on geographic location.

That's how useful the Ford Pass app really is, honestly.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
What is the real purpose of the VHR then if it's not in SYNC3 and only available in the app?

Personally, I think the Ford Pass app SUCKS - and take that right up the line to whomever developed it and show them my response.

I mean, when I click on my vehicle Service History reports, they say NOTHING about what was actually performed for the work orders. It's all generic info for every service event. Why would I have to reference back on my PAPER copies or have to rely on calling my Dealer for such info, when it should be made available in the Ford Pass as a pdf copy of each work order? Too simple to think of??

Why do I want to see how much gas is in the vehicle using the app?? 1) It's a distraction while driving to fumble through an app (you KNOW people are doing that), hasn't anyone at Ford been taught Driver Safety and not to use devices while driving and 2) that info is easily visible on the FUEL GAUGE. I mean, what's the point?

The App Link catalog is absolutely worthless, I mean worthless as in one is better off going back in time to the 1880's and staring at Victrola. There's NOTHING useful about the Ford App Link catalog... I mean, do any of you at Ford even look to see what you're putting out there for a Customers? It's nothing at all...

Why is it that the "Warranty Terms" only shows the standard 3/36, but many of us have other or additional Warranty Terms loaded to our VINs? Again, another worthless feature - if the designer is going to put such criteria, then MAKE IT USEFUL AND ACCURATE.

Maybe the Ford Pass Design Team is a bunch of newbie interns who are getting little bonus perks for coming up with such grand ideas.... that don't function at all.

Redesign the App, make it useful, make it contain actual detailed information that owners WANT to see and CAN USE.

Here's a new Tab to add to the app:
"Color of sky"
Result within app after user clicks: Colors may vary depending on geographic location.

That's how useful the Ford Pass app really is, honestly.
Send that here, they honestly take feedbacks seriously

Email [email protected]

OP
OP
El_Centenario

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the suggestion [MENTION=14663]FordIVTteam[/MENTION] , I'll try it out and see if that works.

Sponsored
OP
OP
El_Centenario

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I FOUND THE PROBLEM!

Keep me updated. Have a great weekend!

Cara
Well I did the master reset as advised and it still didn't work. I kept getting the message shown bellow.

[/URL][/IMG]

So I went back and re-read the instructions and this is what I noticed.

[/URL][/IMG]

Then it hit me, I unplugged my NGauge from the OBD2 port and reran the test. All of a sudden, it ran the report and successfully submitted.

So having the gauge plugged in was causing an interference and was giving me the failed report message. Just make sure to unplug any device from your OBD2 port prior to running the Vehicle Health Report.

Thanks [MENTION=14663]FordIVTteam[/MENTION] for your suggestions!