Sponsored

V8 Mustang prototype spied (video)....but what is it?

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I almost wrote that above. Even if it stays a 5.0, take the existing PP2 running gear, add some coolers, unique bodywork (305s would tuck in nicely in front), maybe the Bullitt tuning/GT_350 intake[?]

... but then doesn't that encroach on the GT350 performance territory? Which is one of the theories behind the PP2 being slightly gimped.
Agreed. I think if this IS an upgrade from PP2, that points to the GT350 dying off

Is your friend "in the know" then?
Yep, sure is
Sponsored

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Oh, I like! DCT? Too much??
Nah, DCT is the GT500's USP, just as the flat plane crank is to the GT350.......the 10-speed auto would be up to the task, just perhaps with unique tuning.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Go look at a Challenger if you think the Mustang has too many options. There's at least a dozen without even looking at the Hellcat/Demon trims.
Oh yeah, it's nuts (I occasionally knock around on the Dodge site), but at least they've consolidated a few model variants. I suppose it's the nature of a model that's an entry level, a mid-range, a performance model (or two).

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Did he give any clues?
Unfortunately, couldn't say much... he couldn't even tell me if it were a Ford test vehicle or another aftermarket company closely related with Ford. But afterward, he asked what I THOUGHT it was, and when I told him, that's when I was told that I was looking too far into it. I'm thinking it's just going to be something simple, like a revision to PP2 or testing for the next facelift

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
YOU SHUT YOUR DIRTY MOUTH!

Hahaha, seriously, that's not a bad assertion, especially if the GT350 continues another couple of years. Though Ford is getting a little convoluted with models/options/packages ...
Agreed. If I were managing things, it would make sense to just drop the PP2 from the GT, package everything from the PP2 with this bodywork, use the bullit intake and tuning and just release it as a new SE; Pretty much zero development/Tooling cost involved while increasing profit margins.

I'm betting this is exactly what will happen.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
It's the first electric Mustang. But I didn't tell you all. These new Mustang spotted posts are starting to remind me of all the different ways there are to cook chicken.
Getting boring.

2017Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Agreed. If I were managing things, it would make sense to just drop the PP2 from the GT, package everything from the PP2 with this bodywork, use the bullit intake and tuning and just release it as a new SE; Pretty much zero development/Tooling cost involved while increasing profit margins.

I'm betting this is exactly what will happen.
Correct me if I am wrong, but in the 60s wasn't that just what the Mach 1 was? An optioned out V8, or basically a build it yourself boss? Many different features for that day that you could choose from?

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Correct me if I am wrong, but in the 60s wasn't that just what the Mach 1 was? An optioned out V8, or basically a build it yourself boss? Many different features for that day that you could choose from?
That's exactly what it was. As a matter of fact, a friend of mine has a restored 1969 GT, which he believed was a Mach 1 for about 25 years. He recently discovered that it was actually a GT with all of the options from the Mach 1. Essentially, the only difference between his car and a mach one was the Mach 1 dash, which he installed on the car erroneously... lol.

Sponsored

ckaiser522

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
So...it now has everything from the Mach 1, but isn't a Mach 1?
This is partially correct for ‘69 the Mach 1 was a gussied up GT, however the GT was discontinued in ‘70 in favor of only the Mach 1. This was done by ford because the Mach 1 drastically outsold the GT in ‘69.

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB, 2013 Mustang, 2017 F150SC, 2019 Flex
Vehicle Showcase
They haven’t stop selling cars. They are just re-badging hatchbacks and station wagons as SUVs and doing away with traditional trunks.

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
For anyone who thinks Ford wouldn't add a unique V8 motor into the mix missed the memo on Ford importing a unique motor from Spain for a niche trim package. A H/O 5.0, Aluminum block 7.3 and N/A 5.2 CPC are not out of question. Mach 1, Boss 302 and Boss 429 are still on the bench for the S550.

Aliaszero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
would be sick if this were a the pp3 with a dct and gt500/350 suspension stuff with the wide fenders. id buy it

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
They haven’t stop selling cars. They are just re-badging hatchbacks and station wagons as SUVs and doing away with traditional trunks.
Fake news.

They started building CUV's 10 years ago. Up until this point they have continued to build traditional cars as well. Now they aren't building traditional cars. One wasn't rebadged into another. Both were built for several years and now one isn't.
Sponsored