Sponsored

V8 Mustang prototype spied (video)....but what is it?

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Michigan manufacturer plates have the "M" in the middle. Can't tell what manufacturer it is, but the chances of it NOT being Ford are slim
Sorry....couldn't get through all 9 pages. Got through the first four. The car definitely has manufacturer plates so it isn't anybody's garage shop project. Doesn't have to be Ford though. Could just as easily be Roush or Saleen. There are funny stories going around town about how Rivian put Ford, Chevy, and Ram bodies on their EV chassis and drove them around with M-plates. Everybody was scrambling to report they had seen prototypes of Ford, Chevy or Ram electric trucks. It was Rivian (whom most people had not yet heard of) all that time. Would have fooled me too.
Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Well they dont wanna hurt sales on the GT500 so they cant build a 429 imo within a dollar value, maybe we could see a BOSS 302..I doubt we will see a Street Legal Cobra Jet

I would buy a 2020 Mach 1 or Boss 302 as long as it has the A10 option
I know Ford won’t make all those cars, I just wish they would.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The Bullitt motor definitely seems like it will be returning in something.

The N/A 5.2 CPC has had too many rumors to not appear.

The 7.3 requires an aluminum block to be viable. But a Boss 429 using an aluminum block 7.0 would be incredible and maybe even pull in some Chevy Fanboys that are OHV or die.

The “Bullitt Motor” is nothing special.... the car being a limited number (maybe), but for those packing away Bullitts with the thought those will be worth bucko-bucks in 30yrs are kidding themselves... The future investment value of the Bullitt will be if it’s green, if it’s still fully wrapped as it came out of the factory/off the truck and if it’s Built Serial number is the lowest.

———
As I previously said in this thread, I’d hope the “mystery” Mustang is the return of the B429 - that’s one retro that has not come back (yet) - and Wimbledon White is the initial classic color of a Kar Kraft “9”. The way that body looks and the stance of it in the vids - it has that really mean muscular look like the original “9”.
—-

Here’s what Ford should do if not bringing back the “9”:
Release a street version of the existing Cobra Jet; that would be the end all to the “Dodge” fanboy comments...

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
In the second video clip it definitely seems a little wider in the back to me. The hood vents are more aggressive too. Releasing an awesome Mach 1 next year would probably help a lot with softening the blow of putting a Mustang Mach E badge on that electric SUV around the same time.
I might.......might forgive Ford for naming the electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" with a pony on its nose, if.......IF they give is a proper S550 based Mach 1 (minimum engine would have to be the Bullitt spec, but ideally a n/a cpc 5.2 V8 with 500hp) :fingerscrossed:

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
I might.......might forgive Ford for naming the electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" with a pony on its nose, if.......IF they give is a proper S550 based Mach 1 (minimum engine would have to be the Bullitt spec, but ideally a n/a cpc 5.2 V8 with 500hp) :fingerscrossed:
Isn’t there a mustang based suv Mach E and an all electric Mustang Mach E?

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
If ford sell this in the U.K. they could call it Mach Donald’s and I would still buy it. It’s only a badge. This thing looks Stella

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Isn’t there a mustang based suv Mach E and an all electric Mustang Mach E?
Ford have Trademarked both Mach E and Mustang Mach E.

There will be a hybrid (so a petrol engine plus electric assist) S550, and a 5 door 5 passenger fully electric SUV.

Dmesser92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
I'm thinking it's a generic test mule out gathering data on a new engine or other parts. Here's hoping its a Mach 1 or some other special edition being tested!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
If ford sell this in the U.K. they could call it Mach Donald’s and I would still buy it. It’s only a badge. This thing looks Stella
May happen. I understand Trump is twisting car makers' arms to name a model the Donald.

Sponsored

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
:cwl::crackup::giggle:

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
The “Bullitt Motor” is nothing special.... the car being a limited number (maybe), but for those packing away Bullitts with the thought those will be worth bucko-bucks in 30yrs are kidding themselves... The future investment value of the Bullitt will be if it’s green, if it’s still fully wrapped as it came out of the factory/off the truck and if it’s Built Serial number is the lowest.

———
As I previously said in this thread, I’d hope the “mystery” Mustang is the return of the B429 - that’s one retro that has not come back (yet) - and Wimbledon White is the initial classic color of a Kar Kraft “9”. The way that body looks and the stance of it in the vids - it has that really mean muscular look like the original “9”.
—-

Release a street version of the existing Cobra Jet; that would be the end all to the “Dodge” fanboy comments...
Whatever color you call it;
I remember a guy in my small home town had a Boss 429 in this color mentioned above.
All I knew him by was a nick name; "Pig".
I remember him driving through town, patting the gas making it spin a wheel; short blackmarks about a foot long.
Even back in 1969, that was impressive...........:like:

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350

———
—-

How is the highest horsepower Coyote motor in production "not important". I was talking about the motor, not the Bullitt model. The motor found in the Bullitt (Gen 3 Coyote with the GT350 Intake Manifold, Throttle Body and Air Intake) would slot perfectly between a GT and GT350 as a Revised PP2, a PP3 or Boss 302.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I remember a guy in my small home town had a Boss 429 in this color mentioned above.
All I knew him by was a nick name; "Pig".
I remember him driving through town, patting the gas making it spin a wheel; short blackmarks about a foot long.
Even back in 1969, that was impressive...........:like:
Wonder if that was Fatguy? No wonder he wants a 7.3L big block now. LoL