Sponsored

V6 S550 In New X-Files

Lionorion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family minivan (for now)
Vehicle Showcase
Did anybody else notice the Ingot Silver base model in the 2018 season premiere? Pretty sweet that Chris Carter is giving some love to the (RIP) 3.7 S550! :cheers:
Sponsored

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
I saw a trailer in the theatre last week. It was some country movie and the main guy in there drive an S550 V6 convertible…I can’t frkin think of what the movie is but it is not out yet, I was paying too much attention to the car haha.

Rick#7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50 Years Appearance Package
Did anybody else notice the Ingot Silver base model in the 2018 season premiere? Pretty sweet that Chris Carter is giving some love to the (RIP) 3.7 S550! :cheers:
Yes, I noticed it too. I spent part of the show paying more attention to the car scenes than the story looking for the visual cues to identify the model, the 1st 2 things I noticed were the audio clips they played to represent the car accelerating sounded like generic Hollywood V8 audio tracks, and 2nd, the grill shown was not a GT model so I knew the V8 exhaust clips were not from the car on screen!

So, did anyone besides me notice the chase scene was indirectly an homage to Bullitt? The other car that was chasing Mulder being a late model black Dodge Charger! Or is that just me obsessing on movie cars too much? :headbonk::ford:

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Oh I noticed it alright..... Pissed me off that they wanted a V8 soundtrack but got a base model V6. Either use the real car's sound or get the right damn model....

Also noticed that during the time he is suppose to be driving, the car is actually in accessory power mode due to the message displayed in the cluster.

These of course are things no one would really notice except enthusiast mustang owners! Does not change the fact that it still gets me fired up!

OP
OP
Lionorion

Lionorion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family minivan (for now)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I noticed it too. I spent part of the show paying more attention to the car scenes than the story looking for the visual cues to identify the model, the 1st 2 things I noticed were the audio clips they played to represent the car accelerating sounded like generic Hollywood V8 audio tracks, and 2nd, the grill shown was not a GT model so I knew the V8 exhaust clips were not from the car on screen!

So, did anyone besides me notice the chase scene was indirectly an homage to Bullitt? The other car that was chasing Mulder being a late model black Dodge Charger! Or is that just me obsessing on movie cars too much? :headbonk::ford:
Lol. I was doing the same thing! I’m hoping we see more Mustangs in the following episodes

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lionorion

Lionorion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family minivan (for now)
Vehicle Showcase
Oh I noticed it alright..... Pissed me off that they wanted a V8 soundtrack but got a base model V6. Either use the real car's sound or get the right damn model....

Also noticed that during the time he is suppose to be driving, the car is actually in accessory power mode due to the message displayed in the cluster.

These of course are things no one would really notice except enthusiast mustang owners! Does not change the fact that it still gets me fired up!
I didn’t catch that. I’m going to have to watch it again. :)

MustangS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
'15 Vert GT
It was first seen in the February 2016 season finale.:)
DCFD5016-E5BE-4167-AA6D-A99FED2E548E.jpeg

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Well Fox kept that car the entire season with all sorts of shots of it in the final show. I hope that isn’t the end of the entire series. But yes, the car is a Canadian V6 as our’s came with the fogs standard but with those lame 17” wheels that are now found on the base EcoBoost for 2018. At least this time they did a legitimate 180 to give chase which was cool to see.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP

Sounds like how veterans feel when watching war movies. Hurt Locker anyone?
Sponsored