OP
OP
V00D00

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Gonna need long tubes for that last little bit of WOT extra top end HP once you pulley down more, right? I'd think porting the blower, pulley down and LT's would probably put you over 900-925 rwhp?
im not pullying down. i wan to know what the porting does. plus, if they really did trash 2 dct's, im gonna wait for a while under 900hp for longevity
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
im not pullying down. i wan to know what the porting does. plus, if they really did trash 2 dct's, im gonna wait for a while under 900hp for longevity

I know on LT4s, a ported blower/snout, with a matched, ported TB, picks up like 30-40rwhp (depending on other supporting mods obv.), Kong, Katech come up quite a bit, like $1300-1500 or so.

OP
OP
V00D00

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I know on LT4s, a ported blower/snout, with a matched, ported TB, picks up like 30-40rwhp (depending on other supporting mods obv.), Kong, Katech come up quite a bit, like $1300-1500 or so.
Im going with 1320Junkie. but yes, thats about the same gain id get from the 2.65 which has proven itself reliable thus far. so i fgured once this is done, the long part is over with and pully swap is just a few minutes if i decide to do more

Probably a very smart decision, Steve.
i think so

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
Im going with 1320Junkie. but yes, thats about the same gain id get from the 2.65 which has proven itself reliable thus far. so i fgured once this is done, the long part is over with and pully swap is just a few minutes if i decide to do more

i think so
Question will porting bring it(power and torque) on lower down in the curve vs more top end power? I know it will add some peak also but I thought torque or too much torque and low end power were what most worried about with the DCT? Any ideas? Is anyone having problems that did lower pulleys?

BTW the car is bad ass and you've already done more than I will once I'm lucky enough to get my hands on one.

Sponsored

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
Ported blower and more importantly the TB will pick up across the board but more as the RPM climbs.
If you’ve had time to play with the new blower casting, the front feed snout is relatively complex and ideally a whole new piece with some TB relocation may help those looking for absolute max on the stock blower. I do hope the ported snout and ported TB (or bigger aftermarket TB) really pick up the power. They should be good for another pound of boost also.
I really like the clean sheet idea of a 3.8 Whipple but that’s TBD also.
When are you getting Jay 1320Junkie a snout Steve? It’d be ideal to find a new snout/TB to buy and use as an exchange program but that’ll be hard to do.
-J

OP
OP
V00D00

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I believe minenwill be the 1st he gets. I just dropped car off for PPF/Ceramic & tinting. I think that will take about 10 total days. Then Mopar Addictionz ( blue hellcat i raced) will pick the car up for me, dyno 93 and e85 tunes on his dyno, pull sc and tv off, send to Jason ect ect.

So it may be a few weeks, but id like to do it right, and i have faith in 1320junkie

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Who trashed 2 dcts? Was this during Testing the trans tunes?

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I believe minenwill be the 1st he gets. I just dropped car off for PPF/Ceramic & tinting. I think that will take about 10 total days. Then Mopar Addictionz ( blue hellcat i raced) will pick the car up for me, dyno 93 and e85 tunes on his dyno, pull sc and tv off, send to Jason ect ect.

So it may be a few weeks, but id like to do it right, and i have faith in 1320junkie
jokerzperformance should be releasing results on their ported GT500 blower pretty soon.

Sponsored
OP
OP
V00D00

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Please expand. My ‘14 GT500 blower is supposed to be going to them thru VMP?
-J
I dont really think people want me talking about it. But i "heard" that a "ported "2020 GT500 sc was "supposed " to be overnighted somewhere. And "someone " may have been told to go the location 1.5hrs away to get said SC, which was never actually sent and "must have been" a "shipping " mistake, and "somehow" ended up at a different shop at the same time. Too bad.. coulda had some publicity, especially if it was supposed to be on an orange car.. or so i may have heard.. or seen. Who knows maybe not though

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I dont really think people want me talking about it. But i "heard" that a "ported "2020 GT500 sc was "supposed " to be overnighted somewhere. And "someone " may have been told to go the location 1.5hrs away to get said SC, which was never actually sent and "must have been" a "shipping " mistake, and "somehow" ended up at a different shop at the same time. Too bad.. coulda had some publicity, especially if it was supposed to be on an orange car.. or so i may have heard.. or seen. Who knows maybe not though
So they sent it to VMP for testing instead? Pretty messed up they gave him the run around. Should have been up front from the get. VMP will get good data though especially that they have an upgraded prototype intercooler for the blower already.

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Who owned the the sc,are you saying the owner of the orange Shelbygt500 removed the supercharger from his car and sent it in to be ported and another shop ended up with it after it was ported?

OP
OP
V00D00

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Who owned the the sc,are you saying the owner of the orange Shelbygt500 removed the supercharger from his car and sent it in to be ported and another shop ended up with it after it was ported?
no. the blower never came off any of our cars
Sponsored