Sponsored

Ut-oh, lost a bottle of Chardonnay in the trunk.

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
The Wife and I went wine tasting on a hundred plus degree day. A bottle of Chardonnay got wrapped up in a sweater and I completely forgot about it. When I remembered later that day, the bottle had blown it’s cork and was bone dry. Fortunately the sweater absorbed quit a bit of the wine, but not all and now I’m looking for tips on removing the odor of a very happy wino from the trunk.
Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Just be glad it wasn't beer tasting.... fermented barley, hops, yeast and water in a hot car with some age would be nasty!

Good luck with your search!

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Simple Green and a carpet extractor. If you don't have an extractor, I suggest removing all carpet panels and spare tire well,cover from the trunk and spraying them down with simple green and hosing them off. For the seat backs, you might have to fill a bucket with water and Simple Green and give them a sponge bath. Let all panels and spare tire well cover air dry and you should be all good with a fresh clean scent. FYI, a guy that I used to work with has a carpet cleaning business and he uses Simple Green to clean stubborn carpets With fantastic results. Lastly, I would also wipe down all areas under the panels with the same product for good measure.

OP
OP
Redcruzer

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Just be glad it wasn't beer tasting.... fermented barley, hops, yeast and water in a hot car with some age would be nasty!

Good luck with your search!
Yeah, actually had that happen in my Explorer when somehow a case of Seirra Nevada had two bottle tops fall. The glass, not the caps, even though the case packaging was fine. Easy clean up on that one though.

OP
OP
Redcruzer

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Simple Green and a carpet extractor. If you don't have an extractor, I suggest removing all carpet panels and spare tire well,cover from the trunk and spraying them down with simple green and hosing them off. For the seat backs, you might have to fill a bucket with water and Simple Green and give them a sponge bath. Let all panels and spare tire well cover air dry and you should be all good with a fresh clean scent. FYI, a guy that I used to work with has a carpet cleaning business and he uses Simple Green to clean stubborn carpets With fantastic results. Lastly, I would also wipe down all areas under the panels with the same product for good measure.
Excellent! I’ll give that a try tomorrow. Thanks for the info.

Chris

Sponsored

OGsmakDadE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber blue GT, 1999 Honda Prelude
Just be glad it wasnt a gas can, happened to my uncle and it was a nightmare.
Good luck cleaning up the wine, hope that bottle wasn’t too expensive

OP
OP
Redcruzer

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
@Redcruzer, how did the cleanup recommendations work out for you?

Used the Simple Green at about four(water) to 1 ratio yesterday. Sponged everything down and scrubbed with towels and let air dry, then repeated. Still a bit damp last night but seemed much better. Will follow up on it this evening and will repeat if necessary.
Sponsored