Sponsored

Used Mustang GT Better Option Premium or PP?

maddawg57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Premium PP GT
If it were me I would wait for a low mileage Premium PP . I paid 28 for mine with 16k miles , only thing that was done to it was tint , tires , and the Super Snake stripe. Fair deal and I'm happy with it.
Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
You also get the larger front lip/belly pan, vent ducting from the fog area to the brakes, upgraded bushings, brushed aluminum dash trim.

To me, the only reason to NOT get a PP is if you don't want the M6 3.73, literally the only reason that would make sense.
What makes sense is subjective.:thumbsup:

I wanted a CS over PP mainly because of the seats. I also liked the black accents and the front grille with the offset tribar logo.:D

If the CS was offered with PP i may have opted for it. But my car is a weekend cruiser, so it didn't really matter to me.:cool:

OP
OP

kornflake7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
If it were me I would wait for a low mileage Premium PP . I paid 28 for mine with 16k miles , only thing that was done to it was tint , tires , and the Super Snake stripe. Fair deal and I'm happy with it.
I have found a nice magnetic in Houston with premium pp that I'm talking to about price seeing what they can do for me it's listed at 30k but if they could do 29-30k otd I may take that one. There is another in Dallas too but it's 32k, guard is my first color choice with magnetic being second. Finding a premium pp guard just won't happen sadly so that kind of limits options ha.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
You've entered the PP zone.

It's not for me but it's what most people want here. I love the Premium stuff so I'd go with that but I have to have a stick so I'm not much help.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
if you could find a Premium PP w/NAV for $28K, buy two.

A '16 GT Premium w/Performance Package and no other options went for about $35K out the door in Feb '16. (MSRP: $39.5K)

P.S. $37K is quite ridiculous, but that's the only one in the US for sale in Guard. ;)
Yeah, the price is high, but I think some of these guys are lowballing that car a bit... It's definitely worth more than $27K.

But man, I didn't realize brand new ones were going for that little these days, heh. I remember when I got my 2015 back in October of 2014, the MSRP was around 40.5K, and OTD, I got it for about $39K, which I thought was pretty solid (IIRC, about $3.6K off, all told -- X-plan plus $1250 in manufacturer rebates). But I guess that's the price you pay to be an early adopter...

Sponsored

cjj237

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Guard
if you could find a Premium PP w/NAV for $28K, buy two.

A '16 GT Premium w/Performance Package and no other options went for about $35K out the door in Feb '16. (MSRP: $39.5K)

P.S. $37K is quite ridiculous, but that's the only one in the US for sale in Guard. ;)
Maybe I should sell mine and buy a new one. That price is absurd.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I'd rather have a premium car than PP simply because I'd still end up changing the springs, shocks, and sway bars anyway. I do wish I had the Brembo front brakes, but they're cheap enough to add later. With the premium you get the leather heated/cooled seats, ambient lighting, toggle switches, Sync 3, pony fog lights, and a bunch of other stuff. If you want to track the car you can get a Ford Track suspension for $1100, Brembo fronts for $1200, and a larger radiator for $500. I use the premium features everyday, I'd use the track stuff once every few months. I guess it depends on what you need the car for. I do like the PP wheels, but I added the 20in Foundry wheels to my car. If I end up tracking the car I'll probably get project 6gr wheels anyway, with better tires. Obviously if you can get both, then do it. But if you can only get one I'd go Premium and add my own aftermarket track stuff.

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
All you guys talking about 27-28k PP + Premiums are making me jealous. California is really expensive, all of the PP + Premiums here with under 15k miles are going upwards of 35-40k

I'm about to pick my car up next week, it's full loaded (401A, Premium, PP etc) with 17k miles for about 30k, and that's a killer deal.

Last edited:

Jasmo123

JasmoGT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Deep Impact Blue
Just paid $29K for a 16 Auto Premium 401A. It only had 2500 miles and I wouldn't change one thing. The creature comforts are tremendous! Then on top of that you get a real performance car that you can drive anywhere. My vote is the Auto Premium. I drove both. I drove the GT PP Standard and the Auto Premium. I wasn't leaving the dealership without my GT Premium. The Base GT PP was just kind of cool the Auto Premium is awesome.

Sponsored
OP
OP

kornflake7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
I appreciate all the input I went to go look at the gt pp, seemed to have a small impact in the rear and damage to the front hood/grill that you couldn't see in pictures but was enough to piss me off. I have a standing offer for the guard premium auto for 28k otd, a gt premium pp magnetic with half the miles for 31k otd so trying to decide which route to go I may go with the gt pp since it's less miles and has leather recaros as well.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I appreciate all the input I went to go look at the gt pp, seemed to have a small impact in the rear and damage to the front hood/grill that you couldn't see in pictures but was enough to piss me off. I have a standing offer for the guard premium auto for 28k otd, a gt premium pp magnetic with half the miles for 31k otd so trying to decide which route to go I may go with the gt pp since it's less miles and has leather recaros as well.
Magnetic = Win. Recaro Seats = Win. PP = Win. What is the millage? 31k doesn't sound bad. I'm guessing around 5-10k miles?

OP
OP

kornflake7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
10k miles, 31k out the door so with ttl included. I don't mind flying and driving back 3 hours at all.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
10k miles, 31k out the door so with ttl included. I don't mind flying and driving back 3 hours at all.
I wish I went the used route after seeing what these go for after deprecation hits. It was my first Mustang so... I paid 34k for a new base PP so that's definitely a good deal IMO with all TTL.
Sponsored