OP
UAmach1

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
You’re better off w a covercraft or other aftermarket in your situation. I certainly wouldn’t want the Ford cover to be a deal breaker for a car I really wanted..Get to Northern NE, PM me, and I’ll show you what I’m talking about...

As for the experience at the dealership, you didn’t drive the bus. You gave them too much to screw you on. Bring your cash, financing if needed, have your bottom line price on the car you want, agree w dealer on said price then drive hard on the trade in amount (that you’ve already researched and know what your bottom line is). ALWAYS be prepared to walk..
It's far from the deal breaker. I've been looking into getting a carport built so that I have something sturdy to park under.
Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
It's far from the deal breaker. I've been looking into getting a carport built so that I have something sturdy to park under.
Just responding to what you wrote and added my 2 cents...
Good luck w the car and carport.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Op any reason to buy from a stealership than buying private party? Also did you consider credit union rates?

That’s how I financed my car. When I sold my mustang to a 21 year it old, I was 32, 33 now. He needed financing so we met at the credit union. The rates were pretty good. I don’t know about his but I signed up, used car 2.49% for 60 months. If you make debit card purchases can make points and refi to 2.29%. I applied for the loan in July last year and I’m already half way to accumulating enough point to lower my apr. this is a used car from private party so I’m not sure the interest can go lower than say a dealership CPO program.

Anyways, if you haven’t purchased.... nvm I’m sure you’ve planned!! Lol

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Yeah, the local PA dealerships around here were a PITA to deal when I was looking last Fall. I ended up purchasing in NJ. It was literally the fastest transaction I’ve ever had buying a car. Hope you find one soon
That's funny I had the opposite experience - I was living in NJ and ended up buying in Pennsy - easiest car purchase I ever experienced.

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
I will say this, both my brother and sister have bought Ford's from Fred Beans Ford and had a very good experiences. Brother had an engine failure in his fusion, which may have been to a oil filter improperly installed by him.

They where pretty good and worked with him and Ford to get everything resolved. He met the Fred Beans in the process and said he was kind and fair.

That being said it took me less than a hour to get my GT here in Michigan but the financing was done prior.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Which location?

OP
OP
UAmach1

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Which location?
Doylstown.

I know that things could have gone smoother if I just walked in already set on going with my CU, but there is no excuse on it taking them so long to do an credit report. When I bought my Nissan I also had them do a credit run just to see if their Banks could beat my CU, none did but got close. That whole process took 30-45min. Not hours.

Mind you it was not till nearly 3 hours after I left that I finally got told what rate they could give me and they still didn't include final numbers for me to check against the numbers I or my CU ran.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Always secure financing first.

AirBusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Doylstown.

I know that things could have gone smoother if I just walked in already set on going with my CU, but there is no excuse on it taking them so long to do an credit report. When I bought my Nissan I also had them do a credit run just to see if their Banks could beat my CU, none did but got close. That whole process took 30-45min. Not hours.

Mind you it was not till nearly 3 hours after I left that I finally got told what rate they could give me and they still didn't include final numbers for me to check against the numbers I or my CU ran.
Typically, when you show up without prior financing, the dealer thinks you have poor credit, and no leverage. Keeping you there is a tactic to make you desperate to take whatever they give you. It usually works if you do have poor credit.

It's the nature of their beast.

OP
OP
UAmach1

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Typically, when you show up without prior financing, the dealer thinks you have poor credit, and no leverage. Keeping you there is a tactic to make you desperate to take whatever they give you. It usually works if you do have poor credit.

It's the nature of their beast.
That would make sense but nearly 45min before I finally gave up they had seen my credit score(800+) and knew what I was putting down. There was no reason for them to keep me waiting longer other than to waste my time. They keep asking me over and over if I'm actually interested as if they were trying to talk me out of it.

Sponsored

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
UA, good news is you can find a better deal if you look around. Can also put a bigger down, win-win imo.

AirBusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
That would make sense but nearly 45min before I finally gave up they had seen my credit score(800+) and knew what I was putting down. There was no reason for them to keep me waiting longer other than to waste my time. They keep asking me over and over if I'm actually interested as if they were trying to talk me out of it.
You're dealing with "professional" money people. They knew what they were doing, only they found out too late you had good credit. 90% of the time it's someone with suspect credit they are dealing with that shows up without prior financing.

Never show up again without the ability to buy that car on the spot without their help in financing. When I bought mine, I had financing in place. They then tried to beat the APR, and they did, took about 30 minutes and I was out the door driving my new car.

OP
OP
UAmach1

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
You're dealing with "professional" money people. They knew what they were doing, only they found out too late you had good credit. 90% of the time it's someone with suspect credit they are dealing with that shows up without prior financing.

Never show up again without the ability to buy that car on the spot without their help in financing. When I bought mine, I had financing in place. They then tried to beat the APR, and they did, took about 30 minutes and I was out the door driving my new car.
I had told them that I had financing already (and told them my 2.X rate). I just wanted to know if they could beat it. I never even got to talk to a finance person directly.

AirBusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I had told them that I had financing already (and told them my 2.X rate). I just wanted to know if they could beat it. I never even got to talk to a finance person directly.
Well..then you should have left the moment they started disrespecting you. Hard to do when you see that shiny GT350 sitting under the lights, I get it.

OP
OP
UAmach1

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Well..then you should have left the moment they started disrespecting you. Hard to do when you see that shiny GT350 sitting under the lights, I get it.
What I REALLY don't understand was the sales lady kept asking "are you sure you want the car? You really want it?" as if she was expecting me to walk away or there wa something up with it that she wasn't telling me.
Sponsored