PiZauL

PiZauL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2013 Prius
Do folks wait until the end of their factory warranty to purchase extended warranty from FloodESP? Or this might be obvious, does waiting until last minute make the plan more expensive?

Congrats on the Shelby GT350!!
Thank you!
Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
be careful with that. Both my sons want to drive my car all the time!! They are now 19 and 21
same here, my 27 year old son and 24 year old daughter love driving it. Both are proficient in manual trans and very respectful with the car. Love hearing their reaction....

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
same here, my 27 year old son and 24 year old daughter love driving it. Both are proficient in manual trans and very respectful with the car. Love hearing their reaction....
My 21 yr old has a heavy foot and his first turn out of the neighborhood scared the crap out of him.... and me. My 19 yr old actually is more proficient at driving and is more careful. He waited until he was on a straight with no traffic and I told him to give it some gas. the smile on his face was priceless.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Do folks wait until the end of their factory warranty to purchase extended warranty from FloodESP? Or this might be obvious, does waiting until last minute make the plan more expensive?

Thank you!
I wouldn't wait until the last minute, but I have not personally seen extended warranties being more expensive if you wait. The key is shopping around online (there are a few states that won't let you buy an extended warranty out of state I believe).

Sponsored

OP
OP
PiZauL

PiZauL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2013 Prius
I wouldn't wait until the last minute, but I have not personally seen extended warranties being more expensive if you wait. The key is shopping around online (there are a few states that won't let you buy an extended warranty out of state I believe).
Hmm, trying to find which states those may be with no luck. Anyone have a list? Seems it can be used anywhere.

If I purchase a Ford Protect plan from you, can I use it at my local Ford or Lincoln dealership?
Yes. A Ford Protect Contract is good any Ford and Lincoln Dealership in the United States and Canada. Your VIN number will tie your vehicle to the warranty in Ford's national database.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
New here, had my first GT350 experience yesterday, been researching them and learning a ton from this forum over the past few months. A local dealer has a 2016 Track Pack with only 10K miles, originally purchased from Platte Valley in NE, maybe the original owner is on here ? Drove it for about 30 minutes and it's everything I expected. I loved the Recaro's but wife wants to try one with the leather ventilated seats, not many in the Denver area, but going to go look at a New 2020 this week.
2016_GT350_Grey_Side.png
2016_GT350_Grey_Rear.png

Right after I drove the 350 I was really curious about an ATS-V, there's only 1 with a 6-speed manual within 500 miles of me so I went and drove this, I have 2 kids and want usable rear seats so I'd pretty much narrowed it down to a GT350 or ATS-V (not really interested in a GT Premium with the MT-82 Getrag). The Cadillac was fun, but no comparison to the excitement of driving a GT350.
2017_ATS_V_Coupe_Front_I.jpg
you are comparing the mighty Shelby GT350 with a.... Vauxhall ???? Cmon, there are nicer cars out there to compare with... shame on you.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Hmm, trying to find which states those may be with no luck. Anyone have a list? Seems it can be used anywhere.

If I purchase a Ford Protect plan from you, can I use it at my local Ford or Lincoln dealership?
Yes
. A Ford Protect Contract is good any Ford and Lincoln Dealership in the United States and Canada. Your VIN number will tie your vehicle to the warranty in Ford's national database.
I remember seeing Florida talked about on a forum. I know in my state I can buy anywhere including online. Will see if I can find more info.

3Pedal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jaguar XF S SportBrake 2014 Lexus LX570 2017 MINI Clubman S All4 6MT
you are comparing the mighty Shelby GT350 with a.... Vauxhall ???? Cmon, there are nicer cars out there to compare with... shame on you.
Ha, yes, I'm looking for something with at least 2 rear seats and a Manual, very hard to find and the wife is not a BMW fan at all so that rules out the M3. If you have any other suggestions I'm missing please let me know, not really interested in a an older Supercharged CTS-V. She is not a big Cadi fan either, I just wanted to drive the ATS-V, she loved the GT350 so that pretty much narrows it down to the 350 for us.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
ATS-V is nice, and lots of mods available for them. But its interior room is not much more than the 350. The ATS-V did not sell well for some reason. I had a 2009 CTS-V, six speed. Pretty rare car in the manual. Great running car, was smooth and quiet even at 130. It was an interstate eater. Not a single issue with it, traded it in on a 997.1 C4S. It was off their lot by the next day.

Sponsored

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
I remember seeing Florida talked about on a forum. I know in my state I can buy anywhere including online. Will see if I can find more info.
Ha, yes, I'm looking for something with at least 2 rear seats and a Manual, very hard to find and the wife is not a BMW fan at all so that rules out the M3. If you have any other suggestions I'm missing please let me know, not really interested in a an older Supercharged CTS-V. She is not a big Cadi fan either, I just wanted to drive the ATS-V, she loved the GT350 so that pretty much narrows it down to the 350 for us.
Your options are limited. The M2C (BMW) would be right up there for me, but it's BMW. GT350, Camaro 6th gen (SS1LE, ZL1, etc), are some of the only cars that come to mind with "backseats" and a manual. Obviously there are cars like the Civic Type R, Subaru STI, BRZ, etc. All have backseats and manuals. The STI and Type R would be way more practical for space in the back. The Camaro and Mustang are more limited but doable with tiny kids.

I don't have issues with kids in the back of my GT350, but my kids are small and not teens yet. My 15 year old son can't really fit comfortably in the car behind me and I am 5'11".

3Pedal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jaguar XF S SportBrake 2014 Lexus LX570 2017 MINI Clubman S All4 6MT
Your options are limited. The M2C (BMW) would be right up there for me, but it's BMW. GT350, Camaro 6th gen (SS1LE, ZL1, etc), are some of the only cars that come to mind with "backseats" and a manual. Obviously there are cars like the Civic Type R, Subaru STI, BRZ, etc. All have backseats and manuals. The STI and Type R would be way more practical for space in the back. The Camaro and Mustang are more limited but doable with tiny kids.

I don't have issues with kids in the back of my GT350, but my kids are small and not teens yet. My 15 year old son can't really fit comfortably in the car behind me and I am 5'11".
Thanks, very good suggestions, I've considered the Camaro SS or ZL1, I just don't really like the Camaro design, prefer the looks of the GT350. I'm in CO where Subaru's are everywhere, the STI is practical in that it's AWD, 4-doors and a manual, If I didn't already have an 4WD SUV and another AWD car I would consider it.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Why not BMW .. I mean handling and design is second to none... I like BMW. I am thinking of getting my wife a 1 series M ... (so I can also enjoy it , hehe ) . For me, I just like the GT350 better (for now). My next car is for sure a Ferrari of some kind... but it has to be manual.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase

If you can't afford or can't store more than a car, the GT350 does not make much sense if you have to haul kids... uncomfortable to get in and out, limited head and leg space, just no sense. You are better off with an M3 to be honest. It gives nothing (I mean it) on the track to the GT350, and it can haul 5 people, or 4 in comfort, and plenty of luggage. That's what I would buy if I was younger with kids... but thank god those times are gone :)

I only had rear passengers once in my GT350 in the rear seats, and that was an emergency, not an usual commute. I am much happier now with the GT350R, the rear seats were useless weight to me.

OP
OP
PiZauL

PiZauL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2013 Prius
^What those guys said. The F80 M3 (or new coming gen) is the perfect all around family hauling grocery getting sports car machine. I used mine as a daily driver for the first year of ownership until I got a more efficient daily driver (prius). I truly loved everything about that car except how it sounded (this is a love it or hate it among the community, many are content). My priorities changed with my "fun car" so I have the luxury of losing 2 doors and back seats, hence comes in the GT350! Maybe check out the F10/F90 gen M5's, that there might solve some of the problems folks complain about with the M3 (engine sound). Or look for an E90 M3, which I honestly should have done a few years ago. Good luck finding a manual though.
Sponsored