Sponsored

Used 2015 GT + upgrades or new 2016 GT? Will newbie burn out the clutch on manual t ?

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 2011 335d grey silver (stock)
How about 0-60 with manual ? Can you guys shift from 1 to 5 gear in 4 secs with manual and not blow the engine due to overrev?
I'm 99% sure that car with paddle shifters will beat same car with manual, before this car I used them in my old 335is
Sponsored

Last edited:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
^^^ You only need to go to 2nd gear in a 0 to 60 run.

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
How about 0-60 with manual ? Can you guys shift from 1 to 5 gear in 4 secs with manual ?
I'm 99% sure that car with paddle shifters will beat same car with manual, before this car I used them in my old 335is
???? Who needs to be in 5th for a 0-60

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
I think he is a troll. Glad he isn't in charge of our work network

Sponsored

dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Conv V6 4.0; 2016 BMW 340i
I test drove a manual GT after not driving manual for 9 years, and I drove it just fine... I don't think you'll burn the clutch. It was easy to change gears.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
???? Who needs to be in 5th for a 0-60
Right, but I'd say that should be 1-3 rd unless you are on a real race or trying to blow the engine ..
+ how I've seen it in old bimmer then it would jump to like 6 or 7 gear very fast even before going to highway which is weird - but I guess for fuel economy...

++ 0-60 in 4-5 secs and then switching in 3d gear right after that bcause you don't stop, and another 4-5 secs it will be around 80 and car is in 6 or even 7.
That's what I do sometimes with wheels spinning etc.. because my apt exit is an intersection with highway with 50/h limit where people are doing like 65.
And I'd rather keep both hands on the wheel when car is moving sideways

Last edited:

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Am I the only one here that does not have an issue with the clutch spring and smooth shifting? I can daily drive or power shift pretty well as delivered from Ford..

blk_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO 2015 GT PP
Am I the only one here that does not have an issue with the clutch spring and smooth shifting? I can daily drive or power shift pretty well as delivered from Ford..
Pretty smooth for me too but I have to believe with all the hype it must be better with it out. Keep meaning to take the thing out lol....was going to last weekend until i saw someone mentioning that they felt like the clutch wasn't fully letting out without the spring and were concerned about riding the clutch.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I'm use to the factory spring setup, and have no problem with smooth shifting. Will be leaving it in.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just had a test drive yesterday in a GT and maybe due to break-in period for brand new car, but that clutch pedal starts pushing back stronger when it is almost fully released comparing when to pushed all way into the floor. I don't remember having same behavior in 4 cyl used car.
So is this you are referring to and what could be fixed with the spring removal?

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don't need a performance driving school to learn to drive a manual, you just need practice and to not over think it. You'll learn what to do and what not to do and it will become second nature pretty quickly. I still have the truck I learned to drive on 12 years ago and the clutch is still just fine, even towing trailers and cars (the clutch master cylinder did take a dump, though.)
There's always going to be something new my friend in this world to learn even for 80 years old dudes.
I'm talking about autocross and track.
Here's an example http://www.bmwccaclubracing.com/information/clubracingschools.aspx
My colleague is driving a Camaro and he doesn't even know how to hold a sport wheel nor he has one and that's first thing racing drivers / instructors tell you once you are in the car

Well I guess 99% of people don't even know such schools exist, and yes they know shit about driving that's why whole state shuts down when there's only few inches of snow.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe

The clutch on my EcoBoost was horrible! I hated it, the clutch spring made it feel numb and that made it difficult to feel the engagement point and I think the pedal was either installed wrong or it was bent because it just felt wrong. It was slippery from day one and on a daily basis I had to fight to keep my foot from sliding off of the clutch when shifting making it dangerous and it wasn't a good feeling.

My 16 GT the clutch is so much better and the pedal feels like it's in a different position and my foot never feels like it's slipping off. The clutch isn't numb and I can feel the point of engagement, I can feel everything in the clutch. It even feels slightly heavier and I don't feel the clutch spring pushing me off the clutch at the engagement point. The clutch spring isn't at all a problem on it so it's staying on. I'm not the only one that drives my car so I know I'm not imagining a difference because when my mom drove my GT for the first time it was the first thing she commented on. She says it's night and day and is convinced that the EcoBoost was dropped off the truck. She said it from day one too because it was so crooked and twisted. Who knows.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk
Sponsored