Sponsored

Use your paddle-shifter A10 owners or Ford may well decide to 'cost optimize' them out

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
They could make them an optional package, like BMW does. That would please everybody.

For the F-150, I can't imagine anyone using the back door handle to auto-unlock.
I do that all the time in my family SUV. First I open one of the rear doors so my kids can get in, then I go to the front and open mine. I would be annoyed if the rear doors didn't have the sensor. In fact, it was one of the things I checked when I decided to buy the car.
Sponsored

Reactions: Ebm

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
and if people actually read the article... the paddle shifters will be eliminated from the ford escape... who the fuck wants to paddle shift an escape? totally understandable money saving decision...

there is a ton of useless shit in the cars that can save millions to companies to re-direct that money into other things

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
who the fuck wants to paddle shift an escape?
I drive my wife's Kuga (a.k.a. Escape) in fully manual mode all the time, because I find several aspects of its 6F35 automatic gearbox very annoying. Unfortunately the paddles weren't available when I bought it; they were introduced a year later. So I must make do with a stupid button on the gear lever. It's quite awkward, really stupid invention, but I'm willing to put up with it because driving the car in auto is even worse.
I would love to have the paddles. I've even looked into retrofitting them.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
How do I engage that? “upshift backout”
I checked again today and it definitely works with both the stock and Whipple calibrations. If in sport, once you go wot it makes every attempt to keep the engine in the power. I was impressed because it will downshift when braking while still over 6000 rpm.

Anyone who hasn’t tried this on a curvy road really should. It’s a blast and work extremely well.

ZX3ST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, Kona Blue, J3116
and if people actually read the article... the paddle shifters will be eliminated from the ford escape... who the fuck wants to paddle shift an escape? totally understandable money saving decision...

there is a ton of useless shit in the cars that can save millions to companies to re-direct that money into other things
Not sure what article you're referencing, but the OP article is about the door handles on F150s.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
On mine (2018, PP1, A10), it was automatic on when in Sport mode but only after you go WOT.
I'll give it a try. I think it may be an A10 deal. I hope it works on the 6R80

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
I use the paddles on my 19 gt a10 pp1 all the time w/o being in sport mode. And no wot required on my a10.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
90% of my paddle use is down shifting for speed zones or intersections.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I use the paddles on my 19 gt a10 pp1 all the time w/o being in sport mode. And no wot required on my a10.
I think you may have misunderstood. WOT in sport mode activates the upshift-backout feature. Upshift-back out probably negates the need for paddle shifting in many situations.

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
I don't use sport mode. And yes paddles used mostly for downshifting when going uphill, passing and aggressive cornering. A lot less throttle required and more car control.

Sponsored

Phoneman1223

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
How new is the Charger? The ZF 8 speed?

Also, I wonder if the paddle shifters are any better in the GT500.
With the GT500 you can hold down both paddle shifters and mimics holding down a clutch so you can rev like the manual cars

Reactions: Ebm

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
With the GT500 you can hold down both paddle shifters and mimics holding down a clutch so you can rev like the manual cars
That's pretty cool, thanks for sharing!

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
2018 Mustang: At the track I use my paddle shifters on every run

2014 Fusion: Around town and on the highway, I use the paddles to upshift, mostly while traveling downhill.

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
That is cool! It almost sounds like a factory transbrake!!
If I understand what you're saying... If you hold down on both your (-/+) paddles while staging, you can push your RPM up to to what ever you want and then when you release your paddles... You launch, just like you dumped your clutch??

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
bought aluminum extensions for my paddle shifters [v6 with 6R80]. wear them out. they keep me engaged on long drives under cruise control. the terrain is always rising and falling, i shift down to keep the vacuum gage above 10 psi on climbs and back to 6th gear as soon as the needle falls ccw. bought an sct tuner. primary reason is the shift response can be tightened up and way tightened up. i only increased the response about one third of the range. the gear changes are nicely pronounced. often wondered if the 10 speed is overkill. can you feel a one step gear change? you do in the six speed. the vacuum gage and tach instantly confirm gear changes. the paddle shift automatic took time to study and tune, on balance it is the favorite trans i have owned.

paddles.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: