Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Hi,

Does anybody know if 2018+ US wing mirrors can be installed on a 2018+ Euro Mustang? And if yes, would they be plug & play, or would some rewiring be needed?

Thank you.
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
What do you mean by 'US wing' mirrors??? Aren't all Mustangs (of all markets) have the same mirrors??? Maybe some without the built-in turn-signals. Is that what you're referring to? Just curious. Hey, how about posting a picture, so we 'yanks' can see what you're talking about? :)

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The Euro mirrors are fatter, and more triangular in shape.

IMG_0989.jpeg

IMG_0994.jpeg

They're not ugly by any means, but I find the small, sleek American ones a bit more elegant. Plus, the grass is always greener on the other side. 😁

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Oh man; they ARE ugly. Ha ha. Plus not really any more functional IMO, since they're fat where they're not useful. They should be fatter on the outside, so basically more rectangular, rather than triangular. Now I understand why you want the US ones :). Good luck.

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I believe they are also a bit longer on the outside, which makes for a smaller blind spot (and indeed, I noticed that the blind spot is almost nonexistent). And the upper peak, which gives the mirror its triangular shape, increases the distance up to which you can see behind you - very useful on motorways. Functionally they're really good. No complains there.
However, I would be willing to trade a bit of functionality for beauty.
In fact, I'm not even sure if any of the two styles is more beautiful than the other. It's just that I tend to yearn for what I don't have. :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

gpierce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
I believe they are also a bit longer on the outside, which makes for a smaller blind spot (and indeed, I noticed that the blind spot is almost nonexistent). And the upper peak, which gives the mirror its triangular shape, increases the distance up to which you can see behind you - very useful on motorways. Functionally they're really good. No complains there.
However, I would be willing to trade a bit of functionality for beauty.
In fact, I'm not even sure if any of the two styles is more beautiful than the other. It's just that I tend to yearn for what I don't have. :)
I don't mind the mirrors too much, I just wish they had worked out a better motor for the left mirror. Doesn't have enough travel towards the inside which is handy for seeing where the tires are putting it on a hoist. Maybe they used the same motor as the US mirror as when you are left hand drive you don't need that mirror to come in so far.

I can't remember if the US spec mirrors have that curved blind spot section on the outer edge of the mirror (where it widens the field of view in that section).

Five_OhGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Mustang GT Premium/'13 Ford Focus ST ST3
Vehicle Showcase
I can't remember if the US spec mirrors have that curved blind spot section on the outer edge of the mirror (where it widens the field of view in that section).
They do

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
There's one thing I forgot to take into account. Do the US mirrors have that stupid warning about objects being closer than they appear?
If they do, is it removable (say, a sticker), or is it etched into the glass?

gpierce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
There's one thing I forgot to take into account. Do the US mirrors have that stupid warning about objects being closer than they appear?
If they do, is it removable (say, a sticker), or is it etched into the glass?
They are usually etched into the back of the glass.
Sponsored