350Gen6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Heritage Edition
There's no TSB. We're on our own.
The longer replacement line is made by Steeda. Ford doesn't consider it an issue.
Thanks…
Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
if you fit the Ford OEM properly onto the Master cylinder it does not move back - well mine hasn't since i did it and thats in keeping with other posters comments. Will a longer line work, definitely but it's not needed

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The Steeda line appears to be difficult to install without risking damaging the supplied clamp down at the firewall be abuse of the limited amount of room to work. That’s why I haven’t installed mine yet. I may take ampnother look at it in the near future to see if I can get it done without any fuss.
It's all about using the right tools. You need one of these:

51zgp5XJ2rL._SL1000_.jpg

The clamp is impossible to fasten by hand, and next to impossible with normal pliers due to the lack of space. But with some thin, extra-long nose pliers it's really a breeze.

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
Anyone fit the separate clutch reservoir to a '21? I see a couple aftermarket variations available but none listed to fit my year. Watched a few install videos on the vendors site and theres a lot more room to work on the earlier s550's. I just dont see any room to mount one on mine.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Thanks for the insight on this topic.

Checked this AM. Mine appears to be precariously attached. Touched it for a bit. Afraid to to put pressure on it and break something. There is ZERO slack in the line. Definate fail. I need to study this further.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Welp, for anyone who used a zip tie, you better check it. After having one on for a year or two (I forget when I "addressed" this problem), it turns out that it somewhat deformed the hard plastic tube after enough heat cycles. Since zip ties don't form a perfectly concentric compression, it's basically turned the hose into an oval shape and now it doesn't seal anymore. It's not a huge leak, but it's leaking. So now I have to replace it, awesome. Should have just left it alone, lmao.

Seems like the Steeda line is really the only game out there as far as I can tell, looks like the OEM hose is part of the master cylinder and isn't available to order separately.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Another "brilliant" move by Ford. 😏
Exactly. It's alright, I found out Summit has the Tilton 5/16 remote brake hose in stock. I get super fast shipping from their Reno/Sparks depot. I'm also going to grab some 9/16 constant tension clamps to go with that. I'm not knocking Steeda's kit, because it's pretty good. But being able to make my own for the same price (it's $35 shipped now) with clamps that are easier to install and remove, and do it faster, is the route for me. With 24 inches of hose I can make two kits, one to save for later.

3pdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 mustang gt pp1, '82 f150
the 5/16 tilton hose was an easy decision along with a braided clutch line.

Last edited:

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I’ve been sitting on my Steeda clutch line for the brake master cylinder for a couple of years now. I think I’m going to revisit it once I get the tranny rebuilt and back in the car though.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Repaired. The hose that Tilton shipped me was Continental branded, so I guess they stopped making their special grey version. It was pretty rigid so it took some care and effort to both remove the original hose and slip the new one on without breaking anything. Some lubricant helps. Both nipples are plastic so you can't go gorilla mode unless you want to have a bad time. Clamps are USA made 9/16 outer diameter.

20221104_124437.jpg

moby4dick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Wow, this is why I love these car communities. I stumbled upon this (from another New Post thread and referenced it), and just checked. No need for pics, we all know what this looks like ... hose pulled down, but no leaks. Simply pushed it up without issue, a very satisfying click, and it stayed in the "full and upright position". Based on that I don't feel any need to buy an expensive hose kit, but I'll be checking on it from time to time.

Last edited:

3pdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 mustang gt pp1, '82 f150
sorry i wasted your time.
Sponsored