***Urgent*** Check Clutch Line At Brake Master Cylinder

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
Seems to be mostly an assembly error at the factory. It wouldn't hurt if Ford made the line about a 1/2 inch longer.
Have others had this pop off again after clicking it on? My bud put a zip tie on it...
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Have others had this pop off again after clicking it on? My bud put a zip tie on it...
Don't recall anyone saying it tried to pop off after fully seating the line. Mine hasn't moved since I seated the line fully to the fluid reservoir. A zip tie wouldn't hurt though.

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
Don't recall anyone saying it tried to pop off after fully seating the line. Mine hasn't moved since I seated the line fully to the fluid reservoir. A zip tie wouldn't hurt though.
Thx... good to know.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
This reminds me to take a peek at mine.

Mustang gt 2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt manual 2016
Can someone take a picture of what is normal and post it ? I have problem with my clutch sometimes pedal feels so heavy after pushing it three times in a row, does this mean air is building in? I also noticed some thump noise when shifting and it might be air in the system that does not allow it to fully disengage. I forced this two weeks back after taking it to the dealership because i couldnt start the vehicle and they replaced the clutch pedal switch. I dont know if the messed something while doing that!! Please help

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I'm seeing lots of black residue in my brake/clutch fluid reservoir 3 years later. I suspect it's the Steeda black hose. Anyone else seeing this?

Going to go back to the hard plastic Ford hose. Maybe run a cloth through the Steeda rubber hose see if it's deteriorating.
How long have you been running the Steeda hose? I have one packed away, but I’ve been on the fence about installing it. Will you please post pics of your reservoir with the black debris in it? Thanks

smoke_wagon_6g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
How long have you been running the Steeda hose? I have one packed away, but I’ve been on the fence about installing it. Will you please post pics of your reservoir with the black debris in it? Thanks
I deleted that post, no reason to throw shade on Steeda, without evidence. Oddball brake fluid contamination occurs on many cars, I checked. must have been lucky not to encounter it earlier. Brakes and clutch feel fine. I'll flush and not worry about it.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Pushed mine further up way back in the spring of '18 I reckon.. hasn't moved one bit pardner.

Deleted member 35644

Holy crap....just checked mine. It was pretty far out. Grabbed it, and got a dribble as I pushed it on. Maybe this is why my clutch has been weird a couple times since May. Glad this thread got started.

Sponsored

wangfuco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT PP
Guys, when you replace the hose, maybe with the Steeda kit, remember to tighten the clamp on the firewall side, with a proper clamp! It might be a PITA, but DO IT!

The factory hose is normally loose over the reservoir side, so even when air gets in when the fluid is hot, it'll not reach the master cylinder that quickly. If the firewall side is loose, air goes directly into the master cylinder, and the clutch pedal will sag during the cooldown!

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
I put tie wraps on before, but I need to check again because going into 2d gear is getting slightly hard. 23K miles.

350Gen6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Heritage Edition
Late to the party on this issues and like everyone else I have the same issue. I understand there’s a replacement line that’s’s longer. Does anyone know if there’s a TSB out on this. It would make the conversation with the service manager much easier. Thanks in advance !

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
There's no TSB. We're on our own.
The longer replacement line is made by Steeda. Ford doesn't consider it an issue.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
The Steeda line appears to be difficult to install without risking damaging the supplied clamp down at the firewall be abuse of the limited amount of room to work. That’s why I haven’t installed mine yet. I may take ampnother look at it in the near future to see if I can get it done without any fuss.
Sponsored